HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:26 AM
John 14 (NLT)
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Joined Jan 2011
59 Posts
Is that really why they call it "Basic"? Calling something Basic makes me want to hold out until I see what the exciting, new non-Basic version is going to be!!! ARGH!!! What if the non-Basic version is really cool and I gotta have it, but just dropped $300 on the "Basic" version. Could they possibly be packaging an "Loaded" version with a battery, tricycle retracts, and flap servos? I wonder what that would do to my wallet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalexander View Post
Just noticed that it doesn't come with a battery this time around. I guess that's the "Basic" part... Bummer. I too would be interested in a painted airframe, or in a reasonably priced PNP ($200, wink wink). Love the color scheme!
Josh
kellymacdaddio is offline Find More Posts by kellymacdaddio
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:48 AM
Jacksonville, Fl.
Joined Jan 2010
981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmac737 View Post
Another point to remember is HH products are engineered in Illinois. And must meet their much higher standards.
You mean like the plastic motors they put in the Corsair and T-28?
Strongbow is offline Find More Posts by Strongbow
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:46 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post

Don't for get the BF-109! Mine lasted a whole 3 flights.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:02 AM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,487 Posts
Honestly guys, I don't know what the fuss is all about. Who cares that it doesn't come with a battery. IMHO, the parkzone, eflite lipos are junk. I've had so many people give me their "dead" batteries because one cell proves to be stubborn and not charge. Besides, you can pick up "quality" batteries for a fraction of what Horizon charges. Move on past the lipo issue. My issue with Horizon of late, is the delayed shipment of products. It gets old when you hear about a product 6 months in advance before its even ready. In some cases, close to a year.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:21 AM
crashing build's character.
United States, AL, Dora
Joined Mar 2008
537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Honestly guys, I don't know what the fuss is all about. Who cares that it doesn't come with a battery. IMHO, the parkzone, eflite lipos are junk. I've had so many people give me their "dead" batteries because one cell proves to be stubborn and not charge. Besides, you can pick up "quality" batteries for a fraction of what Horizon charges. Move on past the lipo issue. My issue with Horizon of late, is the delayed shipment of products. It gets old when you hear about a product 6 months in advance before its even ready. In some cases, close to a year.
amen to that. the f4 is still not out. over 6months later still waiting
onefastxp is offline Find More Posts by onefastxp
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:31 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
I fly a Habu 1 with 6S 2600mAh packs...Since I fly and belly land in grass the flaps do me no good as they will strip on landing...The Habu II will be great for those that fly from asphalt with no worries about ripping the gear and flaps out on landing...I would like for HH to offer both Habu 1 and Habu II....How about it, HH????

Kevin
Why would you need both the habu 1 and habu 2? The retracts and flaps are optional, not included. You could still belly land in the grass with the habu 2.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Apr 14, 2012, 03:21 PM
Ahhgh! Not ANOTHER new plane!
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2001
2,746 Posts
Old to New

I have a Habu 1, but although it still looks ok at arm's length, is getting old. I'm gonna migrate the guts into a Habu 2 bare airframe, with a new paint scheme!
Robert Stinson is offline Find More Posts by Robert Stinson
Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:03 PM
CV-63/VR-62
New Haven, MI
Joined Aug 2009
498 Posts
Quote:
I guess once bitten twice shy.

My T-28 has lasted hundreds of flights and it looks like the power system will outlast the airframe, only because It's a belly lander.

HH has never done me wrong in either quality or customer service.
Scottmac737 is offline Find More Posts by Scottmac737
Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:20 PM
Jacksonville, Fl.
Joined Jan 2010
981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmac737 View Post
I guess once bitten twice shy.

My T-28 has lasted hundreds of flights and it looks like the power system will outlast the airframe, only because It's a belly lander.

HH has never done me wrong in either quality or customer service.
I will not fault their quality, for the most part, nor will I denigrate their customer service, which is excellent. What I do take exception to, is re-hashing an existing model after you have effectively shut down your closest competitor so you can charge a ridiculous price out of the box. Not to mention the extra $150.00 or so it will take to up-grade using PZ and E-flite parts. Come on now $300.00 for something that cost them little to nothing to develope? I am just disapointed thats all.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:38 PM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Quote:
I will not fault their quality, for the most part, nor will I denigrate their customer service, which is excellent. What I do take exception to, is re-hashing an existing model after you have effectively shut down your closest competitor so you can charge a ridiculous price out of the box. Not to mention the extra $150.00 or so it will take to up-grade using PZ and E-flite parts. Come on now $300.00 for something that cost them little to nothing to develope? I am just disapointed thats all.
Who did they shut down?I see quite a few very similar,lower-priced,entry-level sport jets on the market.
If the price is too high,then no-one will buy it.Pilots are lining up to buy this one,therefore the price isn't too high.
Did you take economics in high school?
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:41 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,802 Posts
Quote:
What I do take exception to, is re-hashing an existing model after you have effectively shut down your closest competitor .
Just wondering, but what company was that? I do agree there was no development time & the retracts & flaps were done by rcgroupers me included. There definitely no development cost here. Still a nice plane.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:11 PM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,400 Posts
Pics of the landing gear at Toledo Show. Just wanted to share these. I purchased the version 1 about 1 month before it was discontinued. I also researched how to put retracts on it, and ordered the wood reinforcement plates ...etc.
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Last edited by Silverexpress; Apr 15, 2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:15 PM
Jacksonville, Fl.
Joined Jan 2010
981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Just wondering, but what company was that? I do agree there was no development time & the retracts & flaps were done by rcgroupers me included. There definitely no development cost here. Still a nice plane.
Dynam Meteor. It is so close to the Habu that I suspect Dynam makes the Habu for HH. Cant buy one in the U.S anymore four about the last three months. Everyone just suddenly couldnt get them anymore. And then BAM Habu2 at $300.00 as apposed to $120.00 for Meteor. Both are great flyers because they are the same except for price.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:41 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
2,011 Posts
Quote:
Dynam Meteor. It is so close to the Habu that I suspect Dynam makes the Habu for HH. Cant buy one in the U.S anymore four about the last three months. Everyone just suddenly couldnt get them anymore. And then BAM Habu2 at $300.00 as apposed to $120.00 for Meteor. Both are great flyers because they are the same except for price.
Strong,
I always wondered if there were any patent issues with the Meteor. I owned one - sold it. Although the ESC placement is great, the rest of the plane is just so-so. While I run the stock eflite fan/motor setup all day on 5s, there's no freakin way I'd run 5s on the Meteor setup, and on 4s, the Meteor motor started rattling a bit. Also, the Meteor foam is not as forgiving as the Habu's. Not saying the Meteor is a bad plane - it's pretty damn fun - but the two planes aren't the same.
Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:06 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2006
505 Posts
If you expect HH to sell the Habu 2 for $120, you have no clue how to run a successful business or provide proper customer support. These things cost money. The BH, and friends can't afford to provide service, support or proper RMA, because they only make $5 bucks a plane. That is what I call bad business. They do the same thing with Computers.

It really bugs me when people who have never owned a business don't want the people who do own one not to make any money. That is why companies are in business. Keep buying the subpar POS planes and deal with the problems.
stvinvegas is offline Find More Posts by stvinvegas
Last edited by stvinvegas; Apr 14, 2012 at 10:13 PM.