SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:38 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflying View Post
Lol how am I wrong? And why do you care if you think I am wrong? 99.9% of all companies charge the account before the item is shipped.

"Instead, it makes it illegal to not ship within advertised time period (or 30 days if no expected shipping date is mentioned in the agreement). If a merchant says "this item takes 90 days to ship", then they may bill right away and not have a legal problem if they ship before the 90 day window. "

Hence theres nothing wrong with it and everyone does it.
I am not attacking you, I just think you are very wrong that "99.9%" of companies charge then ship. Most companies these days ship the day they get an order because they know how to run their business, so it may appear that way to you.

Also, this thread is about RMAs and you haven't done one, so I am not sure your opinion is relevant.
oddcopter is offline Find More Posts by oddcopter
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:42 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddcopter View Post
I am not attacking you, I just think you are very wrong that "99.9%" of companies charge then ship. Most companies these days ship the day they get an order because they know how to run their business, so it may appear that way to you.

Also, this thread is about RMAs and you haven't done one, so I am not sure why your opinion counts on this matter.
Man you must be even more bored than I am The thread is clearly titled chatting with hk. Nothing about RMA. I have chatted with them many times saw the post and thought I would pop in. No harm in that. Sorry you got so butt hurt over it. Good day sir. P.s. advertising whatever that site is under your name, isnt allowed. Unless your a sponsor. Might want to change that since your all about "being right". Sorry your thread got derailed op! Good luck with your transaction
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:53 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
Quote:
Man you must be even more bored than I am The thread is clearly titled chatting with hk. Nothing about RMA. I have chatted with them many times saw the post and thought I would pop in. No harm in that. Sorry you got so butt hurt over it. Good day sir. P.s. advertising whatever that site is under your name, isnt allowed. Unless your a sponsor. Might want to change that since your all about "being right". Sorry your thread got derailed op! Good luck with your transaction
I'll admit I am a little grumpy. I just got through chatting with HobbyKing about my RMA. Glad you are so happy with them. I was fairly pleased too until this RMA mess.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:48 AM
Suspended Account
New Zealand, Waikato, Hamilton
Joined Aug 2005
2,432 Posts
Quote:
Thats a bit much to read so I will just ask, did you contact support and then send the email with all the info as soon as you reported the problem?Sure did, also posted the items back to them at my cost, since then its just been one big run around I have only had 1 issue with an item with over 30+ orders and they took care of it in a timely manner and to my satisfaction once I provided the information needed. I hope you get your situation taken care of!
They have been dishonest and really put me off the hobby
NZ_Nitro is offline Find More Posts by NZ_Nitro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:50 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2005
2,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddcopter View Post
I am going through the same thing.
Oh really? for the same issue or different products
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:52 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2005
2,432 Posts
Quote:
I have never canceled because something was backordered but I have canceled numerous times to change orders due to my own stupidity. Just took a day or two for the funds to show up. My longest ship time was 6 days but I ALWAYS pay for EMS as the savings alone are enough to use the faster shipping. I mean honestly, how is it the companies fault the post is slow lol? When you cancel they will offer you a full refund OR in store credit and they will ask you before they issue either. Yes they charge before items are shipped, every company does this as its the norm. Whew
I paid for EMS once and it took over 3 weeks to arrive, whats the point in fast shipping if the order sits on their system for weeks
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:19 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ_Nitro View Post
Oh really? for the same issue or different products
Different product. HobbyKing shipped me a system that was dead on arrival. It has been 2 weeks since my returned item (RMA) was received by the HobbyKing warehouse per the USPS delivery confirmation. Yet, their system never showed that it was received or in process. I submitted an online support request through their support request system and they never responded. I have also chatted twice with their online support staff who just say "Please check the update later". Yet, no update ever comes. So, I opened a Paypal dispute yesterday since you have to do it within 45 days of purchase and that was about to pass.

Funny thing, within an hour of me opening the Paypal dispute yesterday, they deleted the history of my order out of their system. Thank goodness there is a history in Paypal. They are probably growing like a weed and making lots of $. Their prices are great. But, they have terrible customer service and their chat folks just stall and don't take ownership or get real resolution.

Also, they charge when they ship. And on orders that are backordered, they charge Paypal immediately. On a backordered item I had, it never became available after weeks, and they just gave me store credit when I cancelled the order.
Last edited by oddcopter; Mar 13, 2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:26 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2005
2,432 Posts
You are now chatting with : Ricky (Customer Service)
Ricky:
Thank you for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team. How may I help you?
You:
hi
You:
You:
can you tell me what is happening with my faulty parts as it has been several months since I sent them to you
Ricky:
My apologies.
Ricky:
I have asked the Warranty Department to give us an update regarding the inspection.
Ricky:
Please log-in to your account and click on Orders: CHECK, and click on the Order number where the defective item was included, then scroll down and check the Order Messages. Our warranty personnels will place a note there once they have an update on your item. Thank you very much for your patience.
You:
I have been asking this question of your company almost every day, It is my opinion you guys are NEVER going to replace the parts that were faulty im not trying to scam you guys and im truly over sending you messages
You:
your company seems to have the worst reputation for customer service see http://www.rcgroups.com/vendor-talk-21/
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:29 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2005
2,432 Posts
15 min and counting now that I have been online, "ricky" has gone and wont chat to me
he is back

Ricky:
You:
hi
You:
You:
can you tell me what is happening with my faulty parts as it has been several months since I sent them to you
Ricky:
My apologies.
Ricky:
I have asked the Warranty Department to give us an update regarding the inspection.
Ricky:
Please log-in to your account and click on Orders: CHECK, and click on the Order number where the defective item was included, then scroll down and check the Order Messages. Our warranty personnels will place a note there once they have an update on your item. Thank you very much for your patience.
You:
I have been asking this question of your company almost every day, It is my opinion you guys are NEVER going to replace the parts that were faulty im not trying to scam you guys and im truly over sending you messages
You:
your company seems to have the worst reputation for customer service see http://www.rcgroups.com/vendor-talk-21/
Ricky:
Rest assured that we are doing our best to have this issue resolved
You:
after several months you say you are doing your best? jesus I would hate to see your worst
Old Mar 19, 2012, 03:49 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2005
2,432 Posts
You are now chatting with : Ivy (Customer Service)
Ivy:
You:
You:
whats happening with the faulty parts I returned to Hobby King at my cost?
Ivy:
How may I help you?
Ivy:
One moment please while I check your Order.
Ivy:
We had checked your order record, One of staff had sent you the email on 19 JAN and asked for more information from you. Now we are waiting for your reply.
Ivy:
Please kindly reply the email to our inspection department.
You:
I have given you the information (what it was used on ) now how many times? probably about 15 times, you have told me its been sent back to the supplier, you are just mucking around with this lying and being very unprofessional
You:
the question was "what was it used it in" to say it again THEY WERE BOTH BEING BENCH TESTED AND HAVE NEVER BEEN USED IT A MODEL, THEY BOTH DID NOT WORK OUT OF THE BOX
Ivy:
Apologize for that. I just inform you the truth that what I receive from inspection department. I'm sorry, as I am a customer agent, I don't have the information with me. please send an e-mail to support@hobbyking.zendesk.com so that it may be forwarded to our inspection department for further assisstance.
You:
I have also never recieved an email from hobby king, I have after the last CHAT SESSION sent an email to this address without a reply
Ivy:
I will inform them that you have never received their email, and push them to follow up.
You:
so you cant tell me what is happening and your service department wont tell me either? do you realise the parts were purchased in December? that is over 3 MONTHS SINCE I PURCHASED THEM, BOTH MODELS THEY WERE FOR ARE SITTING IN THE GARAGE GATHERING DUST WHAT A POOR DISHONEST COMPANY HOBBY KING IS
Ivy:
I understand your situation. There are two suggestion: I will ask them to re-send you the email since they are waiting your reply for more information, or please send an e-mail to support@hobbyking.zendesk.com so that it may be forwarded to our inspection department for further assisstance.
Ivy:
Would there be anything else that I may help you with?
Last edited by NZ_Nitro; Mar 19, 2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:05 PM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
Makes you wonder why they have a customer service chat, when they don't know anything about the problem or can find out anything about your problem. Seems they are there just to say they have customer service, yet all they do is stall you, by telling the customer to contact another department.

I have never shopped with them and never will. I think anything they have, I can do without.

Frank
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:10 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2005
2,432 Posts
if they had done the right thing with the parts and replaced them I also would shop with them, now? no what were the parts worth? two escs 80a and 40a for two helicopters I brought back in November not worth a lot from a wholesale perspective, I find it interesting to keep contacting them to see if they will replace them, they were truly faulty and were so out of the box, I also tried a different transmitter reciever with no luck, im also not stupid or new to the hobby and have been flying electrics for over 10 years
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:13 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2005
2,432 Posts
Ricky:
You:
You:
has this been sorted
Ricky:
One moment please.
You:
????
Ricky:
We are still waiting for an update from the warranty department.
You:
http://www.rcgroups.com/vendor-talk-21/
Ricky:
Please log-in to your account and click on Orders: CHECK, and click on the Order number where the defective item was included, then scroll down and check the Order Messages. Our warranty personnels will place a note there if they have an update on your item. Thank you very much for your patience.
You:
you may notice Ricky there is a large number of threads her dedicated to Hobbyking
You:
this issue with you guys has been going on for ******** months now
You:
I intend to make it my mission in life to post and bump every thread I can find with problems with hobby king
You:
with as many sites as I can
You:
you dishonest ********* take peoples money but refuse to fix things when there is a problem
You:
I have been patient for far too long with you lot ******** MAN UP AND FIX IT
You:
I SO LOVE HOW YOU GUYS CAN SIT BEHIND A KEYBOARD AND TYPE CRAP
You:
PITY YOU WERE NOT IN FRONT OF ME PERSONALLY SAYING THIS CRAP TRUST ME THE REACTION WOULD BE FAR DIFFERENT
All dotted profanity removed totally at request of RCG, guess this lets you know how I feel about this company now
Last edited by NZ_Nitro; Mar 23, 2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:14 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2005
2,432 Posts
thats it for me NO CHANCE OF THEM DOING THE RIGHT THING
Last edited by NZ_Nitro; Mar 26, 2012 at 04:13 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2005
2,432 Posts
I have to say here too if I EVER see my parts again I will post it here