HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Would you put your contact details on the plane?
Yes - (Not every one is bad, I am insured, I will risk it) 69 74.19%
No - (I would rather lose a plane than face litigation, fines) 24 25.81%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:41 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Mar 2012
1,091 Posts
Poll
Would you put your contact details on the plane?

This world is full of money hungry no win - no fee happy to sue lawyers. Would you put your phone number, address or email on the plane in case it got lost? One fine day you may get a letter or phone from a lawyer...

Or maybe a fine from the local council?
rcmaverick is offline Find More Posts by rcmaverick
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:48 AM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,044 Posts
Aye, will risk it
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:30 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
2,060 Posts
Why don't you just ask, will you take responsibility for your actions, or weasel out of them?

(Tightens helmet strap and hunkers down in foxhole!)
xmech2k is offline Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:18 AM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,165 Posts
I usually put my buddy's name and number on mine...
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:14 AM
Eaton, Indiana
United States, IN, Granville
Joined May 2008
185 Posts
ama membership
skyhawkdc is online now Find More Posts by skyhawkdc
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:15 AM
Canada, ON, Windsor
Joined Sep 2008
226 Posts
I don't have my info on my planes, but I have it on every lipo I own. I'm not afraid of responsibility, and not everyone is a bad guy.
sidecar53 is offline Find More Posts by sidecar53
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:18 AM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,742 Posts
Next we'll read about the possibility for identity theft because you put your personal info on your plane. "You wouldn't put that stuff in a chatroom, would you?"

It would sound plausible if it weren't so unjustifiably paranoid.
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:30 AM
Do a Barrel Roll!
United States, OH, Medina
Joined Jun 2005
1,023 Posts
Yes, I put my info on my planes. They are my responsibility, I am the one flying them, and If I crash (or have a malf) I am the only one to blame. I've heard of some people opposed to it. IMHO, they need to grow up, and man up to the responsibility and potential consequences.

That being said, it is probably not the best idea to put your direct contact info on the plane. No full name, address, or land line. E-mail or cell phone is better. Some people may want damages paid that your plane may cause, or.......with the way this word is messed up, some may take it personally and "seek revenge".
rcbif is offline Find More Posts by rcbif
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:08 AM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
4,065 Posts
It's required by the AMA, and they will cover you for most damages. If something happened, people would probably figure out that the person responsible was the one holding the transmitter... in a lot of cases I would assume that there would be witnesses.
ChillPhatCat is offline Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Mar 2012
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbif View Post
Yes, I put my info on my planes. They are my responsibility, I am the one flying them, and If I crash (or have a malf) I am the only one to blame. I've heard of some people opposed to it. IMHO, they need to grow up, and man up to the responsibility and potential consequences.

That being said, it is probably not the best idea to put your direct contact info on the plane. No full name, address, or land line. E-mail or cell phone is better. Some people may want damages paid that your plane may cause, or.......with the way this word is messed up, some may take it personally and "seek revenge".
Agreed! Our field is out in the county with the nearest residence probably a mile or more away. We know him and he knows us. But we know anything can happen. Another reason AMA membership is a good idea.
Beemerider is offline Find More Posts by Beemerider
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:49 AM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,742 Posts
Well, it's a reason INSURANCE is a good idea. The AMA's insurance leaves much to be desired but is better than nothing.
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:53 AM
Carthage, TX
United States, TX, Tenaha
Joined Mar 2012
556 Posts
We fly 95% at our house in the woods with not many neighbors and we are the only RC pilots within miles. Our names are on most planes but everybody around here would know where to look if they found one.
Colbyntx is offline Find More Posts by Colbyntx
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:05 AM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
United States, OH, Bristolville
Joined Oct 2010
4,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillPhatCat View Post
It's required by the AMA, and they will cover you for most damages. If something happened, people would probably figure out that the person responsible was the one holding the transmitter... in a lot of cases I would assume that there would be witnesses.
It may be required by the AMA however at the AMA field I fly at almost nobody puts their contact info in their planes. Myself included.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:14 AM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
4,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict View Post
It may be required by the AMA however at the AMA field I fly at almost nobody puts their contact info in their planes. Myself included.
I know, I have been guilty of it on many occasions. It's very common that people overlook this rule. I am trying to get back into the habit, because quite frankly, if you put the address in the plane you have a better chance of getting it back if you ever lose it.
ChillPhatCat is offline Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:20 AM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Dec 2002
2,352 Posts
Hey now,
If you're in the AMA and don't put contact info or your AMA number on the model it voids your insurance. But that's a side issue. I take responsability for my actions. Now I don't put a lot of info on the plane just phone number email and the word $reward$. I've found that most folks think fifty bux is a great reward for a plane and even a slope Zagi is worth more than that.
RobII
elfwreck is offline Find More Posts by elfwreck