HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2013, 03:18 PM
Joined Nov 2013
464 Posts
Discussion
V913 not steady

Hi all, my first post.

I just unbox a wltoys v913 and on start up it turns to right on low throttle. On the control all the trims are centered and increasing or decreasing trim doesn't change things. Increasing the throttle helps to steady it a little. Also when lifting it leans to the right again. What can i check or adjust to correct this movement? I haven't flown it yet to see how it handles. .

I'm a beginner having a coaxial dh 9053 for a few weeks and now the v913. I don't fully understand how to fly these thing, but , I'm reading and learning each day.

Ric
rchrist is offline Find More Posts by rchrist
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2013, 09:15 AM
Joined Nov 2013
464 Posts
Well, I found out that the pin or screw for the balance bar is missing. Didn't notice at first as I'm still learning how they are constructed and operates. Installed a screw that fits tight with out resticting the bar movement and with slight trimming and linkage adjustment on the servo arm, it's flying ok.
rchrist is offline Find More Posts by rchrist
Old Nov 12, 2013, 09:19 PM
Sodbust NW Kansas
United States, KS, Penokee
Joined Oct 2012
180 Posts
Welcome to our world

Great job in finding the problem.. Your now a RC heli addict..

All heli and quads I have,, all tend to be a little goofy,, till they set the gyros and get 3 or 4 feet in the air and away from the ground effect.. When the prop blast is that near the ground it makes what air men call,, "dirty air".. You will lean more about that as time goes on.

Even flying fast in a circle 6 feet off the deck,, on a totally calm day you will find less lift in the circle once you have made a lap or 2.. You have the air all whipped up and it will take more power,, and control to keep it up..

Safe,, and happy flying. Sodbust
Sodbust is offline Find More Posts by Sodbust