HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:01 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,451 Posts
Flight report: With two leccys in the back of the Lincoln.....the pimpmobile was pointed in the direction of the soccer field for nine batteries worth of flying. (About 30 min) The AE 260 was put up first and she performed beautifully with each 4 min pack. The 3DHS 41 Edge was next and she too slipped down from a 8' hover to within inches of the goose poop covered field. There were at least three cars stopped on the road behind me and I heard laughs of glee from children and adults alike....thing is.......every time the battery needed changing.....they must have thought I was packing up and would leave! It's hard to "fish for" spectators when the bait keeps falling off the hook! Anyway.......last pack of the night........I clear the soccer net by a few feet as I set up for landing and on final approach.....I get distracted by these damn golfers that pulled up earlier and started to hit their balls awfully close to me.......I looked back to watch her pile into the ground at about a 45 degree angle....upon closer inspection......I pushed in the bottom of the cowl, which was easily pulled out again.....and I bent the landing wires as well as throwing a tire. She's not as pretty as she once was, but she's a leccy......what can you expect? They will fly another day though....so that's something....

Good luck Wayne in getting her running!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:07 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Flight report: With two leccys in the back of the Lincoln.....the pimpmobile was pointed in the direction of the soccer field for nine batteries worth of flying. (About 30 min) The AE 260 was put up first and she performed beautifully with each 4 min pack. The 3DHS 41 Edge was next and she too slipped down from a 8' hover to within inches of the goose poop covered field. There were at least three cars stopped on the road behind me and I heard laughs of glee from children and adults alike....thing is.......every time the battery needed changing.....they must have thought I was packing up and would leave! It's hard to "fish for" spectators when the bait keeps falling off the hook! Anyway.......last pack of the night........I clear the soccer net by a few feet as I set up for landing and on final approach.....I get distracted by these damn golfers that pulled up earlier and started to hit their balls awfully close to me.......I looked back to watch her pile into the ground at about a 45 degree angle....upon closer inspection......I pushed in the bottom of the cowl, which was easily pulled out again.....and I bent the landing wires as well as throwing a tire. She's not as pretty as she once was, but she's a leccy......what can you expect? They will fly another day though....so that's something....

Good luck Wayne in getting her running!
Now that is a flight report that made me want to travel there..... except that Goose Poo part. <shudder>
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:15 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I am shooting for 20+ minute flights.

I am sure you were giving them a show.

Engine has to run, it is an OS.

I need to break out a new jug of fuel. Don't need to be running 25% in the 46.

The Saito 100 is here. I am going to use a different mount so I have to get it all setup on the new firewall.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:24 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O DOG you can'r go wrong going there except stay away from snowy's prime rib unless you want to gain 10 lbs.
Snowy's been telling me the salmon fishing is starting to gear up.
Well I went flying again tonight with the little MX. This time I took my video sunglasses. Wouldn't you know it. Just when I figure out how to use them the lipo batt starts taking a dump. I did get 1 video of her and I'm trying toupload load it now.
Boy it takes along time to up load on you tube.
Hopefully video to come. My 1st you tube video.
I've always had other people up load them.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:29 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
O DOG you can'r go wrong going there except stay away from snowy's prime rib unless you want to gain 10 lbs.
Snowy's been telling me the salmon fishing is starting to gear up.
Well I went flying again tonight with the little MX. This time I took my video sunglasses. Wouldn't you know it. Just when I figure out how to use them the lipo batt starts taking a dump. I did get 1 video of her and I'm trying toupload load it now.
Boy it takes along time to up load on you tube.
Hopefully video to come. My 1st you tube video.
I've always had other people up load them.
Now Salmon is my weak point!!!! Let me be clear, I dont catch, clean, scale, de-bone or any of that stuff..... I am limited to Cooking it, Eatting it, then airing out the house of it....My Limit!

I am sad I sold my MX, but it made a club member very happy. Upgrading the motor on my 3DHS 33 inch extra to one of the 2S winds I did on a pink wonder motor....
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:47 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Here you go DOG my lil MX video
lil mx 1 (4 min 10 sec)
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:00 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Another nice paint job. Did you do that?

I can only do decals.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:02 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,498 Posts
I REALLY like WM's Foamies, the kits are great, the paint is sharp and they are hover'n little fools. Nicely Done K5?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:16 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I REALLY like WM's Foamies, the kits are great, the paint is sharp and they are hover'n little fools. Nicely Done K5?
WalMart?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:24 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
WalMart?
West Michigan Park Flyers, Greg does nice work.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:05 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
No wayne that was done by West Michgan Parkflyers.
I only wish I could paint that good
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:10 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,875 Posts
Thanks for the links re servos

Wayne getting a wing that someone else cuts and then I do install of everything else

Will put servos in center as you mentioned

David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:06 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
No wayne that was done by West Michgan Parkflyers.
I only wish I could paint that good
My bad.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:23 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
Thanks for the links re servos

Wayne getting a wing that someone else cuts and then I do install of everything else

Will put servos in center as you mentioned

Fancy foam has the one I have been watching.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:07 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Happy Wednesday