Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by sonicjet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:46 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,784 Posts
I can't believe there is nothing like a nano hawk sold anymore in stores (that I've seen). I miss that little thing. I accidentally crushed it climbing up stairs with it on top of some books when I tripped.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2014, 07:42 PM
One does not simply fly RC...
Joined May 2014
19 Posts
Sounds horrible, can't even try to imagine what that must have looked like.
Ilikeedfs is offline Find More Posts by Ilikeedfs
Old Jun 19, 2014, 07:46 PM
One does not simply fly RC...
Joined May 2014
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbimbam View Post
I have gathered some experience with the night vapor, which really is incredibly easy to fly. Do you think the UMX Icon A5 is a good choice for a first airleon plane? I am afraid i need to stick with micros (not that I dont like them)

Thanks!
You may want to start with the ultra micro T-28, but the icon is also a good idea. I would stick to the T-28 as it is slower, but if you have a large flying space (I fly my Icon in my school's field, the kids go wild) I would use the Icon. I have both planes, so if you have a large field, get the Icon, otherwise get the T-28. Hope this helps!!!
Ilikeedfs is offline Find More Posts by Ilikeedfs
Old Jun 20, 2014, 09:46 AM
Joined May 2014
3 Posts
I think it does, thanks
hbimbam is offline Find More Posts by hbimbam
Old Jun 21, 2014, 12:52 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikeedfs View Post
Sounds horrible, can't even try to imagine what that must have looked like.
Haha, yeah it was like a pressed flower.
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Jun 23, 2014, 08:46 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,077 Posts
Small space flying which one?

I know this may be comnon questions but debating on the following for slow backyard flying and able to handle 5 to 10 mph winds.

- UMX RADIAN
- UMX AS3XTRA
- UMX SABACH
- UMX YAK 54

Which one is most durable and requires least space? My 4 Channel experiences are with UM T-28 and UM P51D Mustang. Looking sometime more crash durable. My UM P51D handles wind great but I am not looking for scale flyer anymore.
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Jun 23, 2014, 09:10 AM
"Some do, some don't"
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jul 2013
379 Posts
Knock one of those off the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
I know this may be comnon questions but debating on the following for slow backyard flying and able to handle 5 to 10 mph winds.

- UMX RADIAN
- UMX AS3XTRA
- UMX SABACH
- UMX YAK 54

Which one is most durable and requires least space? My 4 Channel experiences are with UM T-28 and UM P51D Mustang. Looking sometime more crash durable. My UM P51D handles wind great but I am not looking for scale flyer anymore.
Will take the easy route, remove AS3Extra from your short list, with a good pilot it would probably be the easiest to fly in small area, but NO wind and NOT durable...

Mark R.

old_coastie

PS My bet is that debate will come down to Yak vs. SBach And NO way I'm going to pick sides in that fight....
old_coastie is offline Find More Posts by old_coastie
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:22 AM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post

- UMX RADIAN
- UMX AS3XTRA
- UMX SABACH
- UMX YAK 54

You left out the UMX Beast. Best in the wind out of your list, although wind and UMX sized planes aren't a good mix. I haven't flown the Radian or Extra. Go to the UMX Beast thread there is lots of testimony about The Beast in the Wind.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Jun 26, 2014, 02:43 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jul 2013
32 Posts
The UMX Radian does great with that kind of wind. It can fly slowly, in a very small space or you can take it high to catch thermals, or fly relatively fast at full throttle. It is also extremely light and therefore durable.
Khaul is online now Find More Posts by Khaul