Old Jun 30, 2014, 05:02 PM
Clyde Crashcopter
United States, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2013
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
This is the video from the OP.
I have the same receiver and just about to convert my Belt CP to fbl.
I want to buy the 3x2000 FBL unit, but can anyone explain what exactly did the guy in the video connected from the receiver to 3x2000 unit? I cannot find this info anywhere, even downloaded 3x2000 manual but doesnt explain.
Will this combo work on my Belt CP V2? Im interested in finding out what physical connections are made between the CR-Cx6c receiver and the 3X2000 GYRO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdIZrBHtSCw

If you look at the leads from the gyro from top to bottom:

Pit/ele/aux lead is the one that is nothing but signal wires (1 connector that goes into gyro and three connectors go into the receiver.)

Orange is pitch signal, and that plugs into whatever Rx port controls collective pitch, just make sure that the single lead is on the signal pin of the channel. (CHANNEL 6 on Rx)

Red is elevator, and that lead goes to the channel connector on the Rx that controls elevator. Make sure the single wire plugs to the signal pin on your elevator channel on the Rx (CHANNEL2 on Rx)

Brown is your gain signal for the gyro, and plugs into the channel that controls your rudder gain on the Rx. as above make sure the wire is on the signal pin. (CHANNEL 5 on RX)

Rudder. That wire has one connector on each end, and plugs into the channel on your Rx that controls rudder. (CHANNEL 4 on Rx)

Aileron has one connector on each end and plugs into the channel on your Rx that controls that function. (CHANNEL 1 on Rx)

For reference look at this manual on page 4: http://www.ky-model.com/copterx/cx-ct6c_manual.pdf
And here is the Cx-3X2000 Manual: http://www.ky-model.com/copterx/cx-3x2000_manual.pdf

Also download the software for the USB programming feature. it has wiring diagrams in the setup section that will help.
http://www.ky-model.com/copterx/CX-3XX000v2-1.zip

That is all of the connections to the Rx you make from the gyro itself. You can power the system through the Rx using either your ESC/BEC, or a Rx battery pack as in the video. I typically do all my setup using an Rx battery pack for safety reasons if I have a motor installed and cannot back off my pinon. If you use an Rx pack for programming, make sure your throttle wire from your ESC is disconnected!

Once you set your servo type in the gyro configuration, then you will plug your servos into the gyro itself according to your swashplate type.

When connecting Gyro to servos: 120 degree swash: Ch1= right side swash servo, CH2 is Left side swash servo, and CH3 is Elevator.
Powerdyne is offline Find More Posts by Powerdyne
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Powerdyne; Jun 30, 2014 at 06:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2014, 05:21 PM
Clyde Crashcopter
Joined Mar 2013
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyn0 View Post
Does the motor need to be hooked up as well?
The motor does not need to be connected during setup.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 30, 2014, 06:01 PM
Newbs
Joined Jun 2014
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerdyne View Post

Pit/ele/aux lead is the one that is nothing but signal wires (1 connector that goes into gyro and three connectors go into the receiver.)

Orange is pitch signal, and that plugs into whatever Rx port controls collective pitch, just make sure that the single lead is on the signal pin of the channel. (CHANNEL 6 on Rx)

Red is elevator, and that lead goes to the channel connector on the Rx that controls elevator. Make sure the single wire plugs to the signal pin on your elevator channel on the Rx (CHANNEL2 on Rx)

Brown is your gain signal for the gyro, and plugs into the channel that controls your rudder gain on the Rx. as above make sure the wire is on the signal pin. (CHANNEL 5 on RX)

Rudder. That wire has one connector on each end, and plugs into the channel on your Rx that controls rudder. (CHANNEL 4 on Rx)

Aileron has one connector on each end and plugs into the channel on your Rx that controls that function. (CHANNEL 1 on Rx)

For reference look at this manual on page 4: http://www.ky-model.com/copterx/cx-ct6c_manual.pdf
And here is the Cx-3X2000 Manual: http://www.ky-model.com/copterx/cx-3x2000_manual.pdf

Also download the software for the USB programming feature. it has wiring diagrams in the setup section that will help.

That is all of the connections to the Rx you make from the gyro itself. You can power the system through the Rx using either your ESC/BEC, or a Rx battery pack as in the video. I typically do all my setup using an Rx battery pack for safety reasons if I have a motor installed and cannot back off my pinon. If you use an Rx pack for programming, make sure your throttle wire from your ESC is disconnected!

Once you set your servo type in the gyro configuration, then you will plug your servos into the gyro itself according to your swashplate type.

When connecting Gyro to servos: 120 degree swash: Ch1= right side swash servo, CH2 is Left side swash servo, and CH3 is Elevator.

With the new 3x2000 I received today, was able to to connected to it.
This is what it shows my wiring should look like:
This is what it shows the wiring should look like.

Do I need to buy a special harness?
rhyn0 is offline Find More Posts by rhyn0
Old Jun 30, 2014, 06:30 PM
Clyde Crashcopter
Joined Mar 2013
583 Posts
Quote:
With the new 3x2000 I received today, was able to to connected to it.
This is what it shows my wiring should look like:
This is what it shows the wiring should look like.

Do I need to buy a special harness?
Sorry that post was for Hugo.

Unfortunately, your image link isn't working for me.

I fixed the link:

For that you need the satellite Rx adapter.

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Powerdyne; Jun 30, 2014 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Fixed link...
Old Jul 01, 2014, 05:51 AM
Newbs
Joined Jun 2014
8 Posts
Quote:

Unfortunately, your image link isn't working for me.

I fixed the link:

For that you need the satellite Rx adapter.

I was afraid of that. EHIROBO seems to be one of the only places to purchase said adaptor. What do y'all think about making one? Looks like it may be a straight through connection. Little splice work?
rhyn0 is offline Find More Posts by rhyn0
Old Jul 01, 2014, 08:56 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,738 Posts
I believe there is a diode in there to lower the voltage from 6v down to 3.5v. that is the max for a sat.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2014, 10:15 AM
Joined Apr 2014
97 Posts
Quote:

Powerdyne, that is great info and writeup. Thank you very much for taking the time to explain all that to me, I appreciate it.
Have ordered the gyro...now playing the waiting game. Will come back when it arrives.
Thanks again.
Hugo Stiglitz is online now Find More Posts by Hugo Stiglitz
Old Jul 01, 2014, 01:27 PM
Fly,Crash, Burn,Fix, repeat
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Dec 2013
137 Posts
[QUOTE=Powerdyne;28792667]Sorry that post was for Hugo.

Great time for me to jump in with my question about this setup.

If using the sat receiver and wired like this how do I tell the copter-X that AIL is now throttle. and will all my throttle curves set up in my DX9 work?

Also I have done multiple searches with no luck. What the the difference between DSM2-1, DSM2-2, DSM2-3 and DSM2-4?

Thanks

Gravy
Gravythe Clown is offline Find More Posts by Gravythe Clown
Last edited by Gravythe Clown; Jul 01, 2014 at 03:23 PM. Reason: added question. hte rabbit hole is getting deeper.
Old Jul 01, 2014, 04:17 PM
Clyde Crashcopter
Joined Mar 2013
583 Posts
rhyn0 You have PM.

Quote:
I was afraid of that. EHIROBO seems to be one of the only places to purchase said adaptor. What do y'all think about making one? Looks like it may be a straight through connection. Little splice work?
It's not straight through. there is a PCB in there with a step down.

However...

Today is your lucky day! I have a spare one I am not using (and probably never will) I got it free when I bought my Gyro a year ago. Check your PM inbox. I'm feeling generous!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Powerdyne; Jul 01, 2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old Jul 01, 2014, 04:57 PM
Clyde Crashcopter
Joined Mar 2013
583 Posts
[QUOTE=Gravythe Clown;28799541]
Quote:

Great time for me to jump in with my question about this setup.

If using the sat receiver and wired like this how do I tell the copter-X that AIL is now throttle. and will all my throttle curves set up in my DX9 work?

Also I have done multiple searches with no luck. What the the difference between DSM2-1, DSM2-2, DSM2-3 and DSM2-4?

Thanks

Gravy
When you select the Rx type from the drop down menu, the software flashes a line of code to the gyro. if you look at the .ini file after you save a setup, you will see "Receivertype=x" at the bottom. "x" denoting a number dependant on your selection. This tells the firmware which pinout to use.

EXAMPLE 1: Standard Rx
If you scroll to the bottom of this code you will see "Rx Type=0" This is for Standard Rx with no Sat.
Code:
[section1]
PitchAgility=35
PitchGain=30
RollAgility=35
RollGain=30
YawAgility=35
YawRight=35
YawGain=100
[section2]
FixMode=1
ServoType=2
SwashPlateType=2
ServoDirCH1=1
ServoDirCH2=-1
ServoDirCH3=1
ServoDirCH4=1
ServoAdjustCH1=-31
ServoAdjustCH2=42
ServoAdjustCH3=24
AileronLimit=40
ElevatorLimit=40
TotalCoefficient=60
PitchDir=-1
RollDir=-1
YawDir=-1
TailPoint=25
TailLimitA=80
TailLimitB=90
OptimizationDir=-1
[section3]
Acc1=125
Acc2=55
Acc3=125
Acc4=125
Acc5=25
Acc6=25
DeadBand1=40
DeadBand2=4
DeadBand3=40
DeadBand4=4
PitchGainD=30
PitchGainI=100
PitchGainP=80
RollGainD=30
RollGainI=100
RollGainP=80
SpinSpeed1=35
SpinSpeed2=35
SpinSpeed3=35
SpinSpeed4=35
TailCompsate1=0
TailCompsate2=0
TailGainD=30
TailGainI=50
TailGainP=80
receiver type=0
EXAMPLE 2: Futaba S-Bus
This is the same code but with the Rx Type Changed in the software to S-Bus, you will see that the "Receiver type=1"
Code:
[section1]
PitchAgility=35
PitchGain=30
RollAgility=35
RollGain=30
YawAgility=35
YawRight=35
YawGain=100
[section2]
FixMode=1
ServoType=2
SwashPlateType=2
ServoDirCH1=1
ServoDirCH2=-1
ServoDirCH3=1
ServoDirCH4=1
ServoAdjustCH1=-31
ServoAdjustCH2=42
ServoAdjustCH3=24
AileronLimit=40
ElevatorLimit=40
TotalCoefficient=60
PitchDir=-1
RollDir=-1
YawDir=-1
TailPoint=25
TailLimitA=80
TailLimitB=90
OptimizationDir=-1
[section3]
Acc1=125
Acc2=55
Acc3=125
Acc4=125
Acc5=25
Acc6=25
DeadBand1=40
DeadBand2=4
DeadBand3=40
DeadBand4=4
PitchGainD=30
PitchGainI=100
PitchGainP=80
RollGainD=30
RollGainI=100
RollGainP=80
SpinSpeed1=35
SpinSpeed2=35
SpinSpeed3=35
SpinSpeed4=35
TailCompsate1=0
TailCompsate2=0
TailGainD=30
TailGainI=50
TailGainP=80
receiver type=1
EXAMPLE 3: DSM2-1
This is for DSM2 satellite Receiver type=2
Code:
[section1]
PitchAgility=35
PitchGain=30
RollAgility=35
RollGain=30
YawAgility=35
YawRight=35
YawGain=100
[section2]
FixMode=1
ServoType=2
SwashPlateType=2
ServoDirCH1=1
ServoDirCH2=-1
ServoDirCH3=1
ServoDirCH4=1
ServoAdjustCH1=-31
ServoAdjustCH2=42
ServoAdjustCH3=24
AileronLimit=40
ElevatorLimit=40
TotalCoefficient=60
PitchDir=-1
RollDir=-1
YawDir=-1
TailPoint=25
TailLimitA=80
TailLimitB=90
OptimizationDir=-1
[section3]
Acc1=125
Acc2=55
Acc3=125
Acc4=125
Acc5=25
Acc6=25
DeadBand1=40
DeadBand2=4
DeadBand3=40
DeadBand4=4
PitchGainD=30
PitchGainI=100
PitchGainP=80
RollGainD=30
RollGainI=100
RollGainP=80
SpinSpeed1=35
SpinSpeed2=35
SpinSpeed3=35
SpinSpeed4=35
TailCompsate1=0
TailCompsate2=0
TailGainD=30
TailGainI=50
TailGainP=80
receiver type=2
...and so on, and so forth...

As for the different selections, it looks like it is for specific Tx models, and the matched Rx type the Sat is bound with for channel reassignment. I believe it also has to do with signal latency. If you look in the pic there in parentheses it states 11ms for DSMX-1, and 22ms for DSMX-2.

For your throttle and pitch curves question, that is totally Tx dependant. Those curves are just what the Tx sends to the Rx to tell the servos to move, and how much power the ESC is to give the motor. The gyro just interprets the signal and sends it to the ESC. During Tx setup, there is a throttle bar that you will use when setting your endpoints for the Tx and Gyro sync.

The only thing you should have to worry about is making sure your throttle movements coincide with what's on the screen after setting neutral and your end point throws. The Tx handles the curves as normal.

You will set up the Tx in the software with a linear throttle 0-100% to calibrate the gyro to the Tx, just like you would for your collective pitch, and your cyclic sticks. once gyro setup is complete, then you can change your pitch and throttle curves in the Tx to suit your needs.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Powerdyne; Jul 01, 2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old Jul 01, 2014, 05:43 PM
Joined Dec 2013
137 Posts
Thank you Powerdyne

Gravy
Old Jul 01, 2014, 06:07 PM
Clyde Crashcopter
Joined Mar 2013
583 Posts
You 're welcome. If I am off base on any of this stuff, anybody with a bit more experience can feel free to chime in! I don't want to give incorrect info, but this is the way I interpret the functions after a lot of research in how most FBL controllers work. Please don't take my word a set in stone rules.

Just trying to help how I can.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 02, 2014, 04:12 PM
Joined Dec 2013
137 Posts
OK so I got this working with my DMX sat. everything looks good........but I got no throttle.

I got the ESC control put on the AIL input like shown. Swash plate works great, Rudder I don't know yet.

Any ideas, anyone?

Gravy
Old Jul 08, 2014, 11:26 AM
Joined Apr 2014
97 Posts
Just received my 3x2000 today!

I have changed my mind in using the CX6C receiver, as I don`t want to use the FBL controller on my 450 anymore. I have ordered a CX250SE kit instead, and want to start from fresh with it. Have decided against CX Esc, as they all use linear BEC, and I want a BLHeli compatible ESC with switching BEC, as I have wonderful experience with them on my brushless converted Blade MCPX.

I have 2 questions now if I may:

1. Which Orange Spektrum receiver or sattelite is proven to be easy to connect and work with 3x2000? If I order a sattelite, do I still need a regular 6ch receiver?

2. The ESC I will be using hasnt got any port to connect to 3x2000 on the Aileron port. Do I connect it to the receiver instead?

I have also ordered the CopterX (CX-SAT-SP) Spektrum Satellite Receiver Cable for CX-3X2000.
These are my first steps into the standalone receiver+fbl controller world (have only been using all-in-1 receivers til now), dont mind my silly questions.
Hugo Stiglitz is online now Find More Posts by Hugo Stiglitz
Last edited by Hugo Stiglitz; Jul 08, 2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old Jul 08, 2014, 12:26 PM
Joined Dec 2013
137 Posts
So far my experience with using the sat receiver has been no good. I got the servos to function but no throttle. I have gone back to using a AR6100e connected to the 3X2000. All works now and I just need to fine tune it.

Gravy