Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:31 PM
Joined Feb 2013
7 Posts
Dragon link connectivity to dx6i trainer port?

I've ready the signal is weak via the trainer port. I've also read that it's sufficient. Issue with the dx6i is that there isn't a simple connector to the 2.4 chip, as in other spektrums. Can someone with true accurate knowledge able to advise please?
Jimmyjames916 is offline Find More Posts by Jimmyjames916
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:46 PM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,865 Posts
any one can get a msg to mike to clean the pm box ? ....

mike, are there any news about my rx ? ... a month ago you said one or two days ....

thank you
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:05 AM
Joined Feb 2011
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
I set mine around 8-10ft away from each other.
Thanks for the speedy answer!
Was this with or without a dummy load on the RX?
amba is online now Find More Posts by amba
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:25 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,274 Posts
i don't have the newest v2 FW. Mine is the earlier V2 version with the ch's reverenced

taken from the manual.

1. Connect an antenna to the DragonLink TX (not a dummy load).
2. Connect a dummy load to the DragonLink RX.
3. Press and hold the bind/menu button on the DragonLink TX. While holding it, turn
the DragonLink TX on and keep holding the button.
4. Hold down the button for about 10 seconds, or until the LED turns RED
5. The LED should be alternating between RED and GREEN.
6. Start with an unpowered DragonLink RX. Use a jumper wire to connect the signal
pins of channels 5 and 6.
7. Connect the DragonLink RX to a power source. Make sure there are no other servos
connected to the RX, however if your power source is the BEC part of an ESC, this is
fine.
8. Let the system run like this for a full 15 minutes.
9. Remove the jumper and power cycle both the TX and RX.
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:53 AM
Joined May 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjames916 View Post
I've ready the signal is weak via the trainer port. I've also read that it's sufficient. Issue with the dx6i is that there isn't a simple connector to the 2.4 chip, as in other spektrums. Can someone with true accurate knowledge able to advise please?
The version 1 Dragonlink had some issues with the DX6 and similar, however the V2 is fine!
Ascended is offline Find More Posts by Ascended
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:54 AM
Joined May 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1a View Post

mike, are there any news about my rx ? ... a month ago you said one or two days ....

thank you
Send him an email: dragonlinklabs@hotmail.com PM's are not the only way to reach Mike!
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:58 AM
Joined May 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amba View Post
Thanks for the speedy answer!
Was this with or without a dummy load on the RX?
It doesn't matter. The new firmware attenuates the signal the same as the dummy load does on the older versions. You can calibrate with them right next to each other, but you'll get a better result with them on opposite sides of a room, or in an adjacent room.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:20 AM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,662 Posts
459 Mhz ??

We can use 459Mhz in the UK and ImmersionRC already have a set of firmware that will allow their kit to operate legally in over here.

Question:-
If 459 becomes the preferred frequency in this side of the pond, would the Dragonlink kit be able to do the same??
ChilternFlyer is online now Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:07 AM
Joined May 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer View Post
We can use 459Mhz in the UK and ImmersionRC already have a set of firmware that will allow their kit to operate legally in over here.

Question:-
If 459 becomes the preferred frequency in this side of the pond, would the Dragonlink kit be able to do the same??
Technically, the RF modules can support it -however the RF filters will block anything outside 430-435mhz so we would need to change that.

It would be up to mike and if the manufacturing volume is there. The RF filter would have to be manufactured in, its not something you can just switch out. There are many people using DragonLink in the UK/EU already.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:45 AM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
Send him an email: dragonlinklabs@hotmail.com PM's are not the only way to reach Mike!
This was my 1st attempt
There is an auto reply....

1 Febuary 2013 - We are NOT on vacation, we are here working hard, have plenty of stock, and ALL Dragon Link systems purchased ship within 24 hours. CONTACT INFORMATION:  This email account gets a lot of Spam, so if you need to contact me please PM me on the RC Groups forum, my user name there is JettPilot
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:30 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1a View Post

thank you
Hi Guy,

Your RX got put in the upgrades pile, and I found it when I completed the upgrades last weekend. It was repaired, and shipped back to you exactly one week ago. It should arrive to you any day now.

Mike
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:33 AM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,766 Posts
any word on my end, Mike?
Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:38 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amba View Post
Hi Mike,

The manual says RX should have dummy load on during calibration, and does not mention RX/TX distance requirements.

Post 10486 in this thread says TX and RX should be 2 meter apart, RX should be with 'no antenna', does this mean the RX SMA connector should be left open with no dummy load?

Could you advise which way it should be?

Regards,
Amit
Hi Amit,

It really does not matter if you have the dummy load or not. The Dragon Link will calibrate very well either way. In testing, the calibration results were exactly the same with our without dummy loads, this is why we eliminiated the need for them.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:40 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr View Post
any word on my end, Mike?
Hi Matt,

Sorry for the long delay, I got so much more work than expected, and got behind on PM's and some other items. I have not forgotten about you and will get to it soon !

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:43 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
Anyone using this with Dragon Link and if so any problems with conflicts? I'd like to try it with my MK quad.

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...4&productname=
Using two deivces that are on the same band is just asking for trouble I would look for a 900 MHZ data system if you want to do that.

Mike
Site Sponsor