HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 25, 2010, 12:13 PM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
@MIHA Yes it's the FY-21 AP II we sell. Photo will be removed..

I have to mention that the OSD is only PAL version at the moment :-(

@SSassen yes you can say it's over prices, but isn't every thing in this business. Attopilot 800$ is using Thermopile for stabilization, not that it's bad - but the FY Autopilot is a totally different story. Something like Ezosd and other nonameOSD - in Basic it will do the same job but....

FY autopilot has 2 way communication via modem - giving you the possibility to move waypoint in air by laptop.. Also for tuning you can tune the autopilot in air by sending commands via modem. Very good when you start up on a new platform.. You don't have to land and then put a cable into PCB and then launch and then see how it's behaving. Here you will have a spotter and a man behind laptop.. Hope you see my point.

It's the most PnP Autopilot I know about for Amateur use. I know there is nothing like PnP in Autopilot World.

Every things comes ready to install - "Skywalker platform are build for this system".

@Ssassen about Documentation! YES it's so bad and I'm working on making one in better English.

I will have FY autopilot installed in the Skywalker Platform very soon - Hope to provide better video documentation.

The Way points are not locked in distance.

BTW: I hope to be able to sell the System as RTF Amateur UAV - installed in the Skywalker Platform.

Hooks,

I can post pics from the PCB/gyro from the Autopilot if you like for info.
BTW: since when did you start to use Autopilot on your RC plane Ssassen?
Hooks is offline Find More Posts by Hooks
Last edited by Hooks; May 25, 2010 at 12:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2010, 01:37 PM
Thailand
Joined Apr 2006
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
Hooks, do you have the new FY-21AP II on stock or is it the old FY-21AP still?
Asking because the photo in the shop shows the old one (not "II") while the manual available in your shop shows on the cover the new "II" version already

Anyone have a comparison of features between both versions?
FY-21AP II:
http://www.feiyudz.cn/en/Products/2010/05/03/108/

I was about to order, but I'd like to be sure that I get the new "II" version.

Thanks,
Miha
Version II have altitude hold, Version I do not have.
But version I seem to be more stable in my set up.
ThaiskyDigital is offline Find More Posts by ThaiskyDigital
Old May 25, 2010, 05:28 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVRC View Post
It's good, but let us do more test.
I've just placed a rather large order in your shop. Let's see how quick you guys are. And how large the box will be

Miha
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Old May 25, 2010, 05:37 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post
@MIHA Yes it's the FY-21 AP II we sell. Photo will be removed..
Hooks, I was about to order a FY-21AP II and a small accessoire (video switch) in your shop (total of USD 390), when I see that the system is estimating a whopping USD 65 for shipping these two small and light pieces. Guess this is an error, right?

I have ordered two SkyWalker, two KX171 and two 1.3GHz TxRx a few minutes ago from BirdsEyeView (total USD 480) and shipping was free (because above USD 200) despite the huge size!

Miha
Old May 25, 2010, 07:58 PM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,614 Posts
BEV informed me that they will be selling the FY-21A in 3 weeks time. The producer is out of ICs for the FY-21A.

I'm waiting.

BB
borneobear is offline Find More Posts by borneobear
Old May 25, 2010, 08:02 PM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
estimating a whopping USD 65 for shipping
Miha
FPV Flying.com should seriously reconsider using DHL for their international shipping. DHL along with FedEx will charge you customs fee even when custom didn't impose any duties at all! (Don't ask how I know. )

So customers get a double whammy - the high shipping cost AND compulsory customs duties.

BB
Old May 26, 2010, 02:02 AM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
Sending out the Skywalker by DHL Will not be any good.
Volume 120*23*30/5000=16.56kg
Think you see the point.

BTW: We ship the FY products by DHL.

"The producer is out of ICs for the FY-21A" NOT TRUE
Old May 26, 2010, 03:19 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,465 Posts
Quote:
@Hooks(fpvflying.com): So how much is shipping for a FY-21AP II and a video switch to Europe? USD 65 like the shop software suggests? On the FY-21AP II order page it says USD 40. Asking because I would like to proceed to checkout...

EDIT: Tried it again. If I order only the FY-21AP II, the shipping cost is indeed USD 40. But once I add this tiny video switch, which is as small as a coin, and advertized to have just a few gramm, the shipping cost goes up to USD 65. That seems a mistake, as if the shop software isn't aware that both can be shipped together.

BTW, borneobear didn't suggest to ship the SkyWalker with DHL. Quite the contrary though! He suggested to ship it by EMS, like e.g. BirdsEyeView.com does and where shipping costs are much lower or even free. I ordered at BEV 8 hours ago and my order has already been shipped!

Thanks,
Miha
Last edited by ~>Miha<~; May 26, 2010 at 03:54 AM.
Old May 26, 2010, 04:08 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,614 Posts
Quote:
What we are asking is Don't do this.
DHL will impose compulsory customs duties on us. Why do you want your customers incur this stupid cost?

Vendors like Hobbyking always ship by EMS, and I've not seen one complaint on EMS failing to deliver. And HK ships thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of RC items this way, worldwide.

DHL is NOT helping you.

BB
Old May 26, 2010, 06:34 AM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,566 Posts
agree ^^^ DHL and other courier's are a rip off, esp UPS. (brown truck)

I once bought a tiny 14.00USD item and had it shipped from the US to Canada via UPS (not USPS).

Shipping cost was 7.00.... ok..... but customs on delivery was 64.00!!!!!

I ended up paying... 64 + 7 + 14 = 85.00USD for a 14.00 item.

Some courier companies and vendors will tell you that postal service is not "safe" and courier is the best way. NOT TRUE!

I have ordered DOZENS, if not hundreds, of times from overseas and used cheapest ship option (postal service) and have always got my stuff.
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
Old May 26, 2010, 07:07 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,465 Posts
Thanks galaxiex.

I am waiting until tonight, to see if Hooks can offer EMS shipping. I will reconsider otherwise and see who else has it in stock or will have it soon.

M.
Old May 26, 2010, 08:33 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,565 Posts
I would love to see unbiased fully detailed reviews of these new items such as the FY20A, FY21AP-Ⅱ, FYOSD-Ⅱ and the FY-3ZT. Not just videos but real reviews, preferably posted here on rcgroups.
boopidoo is offline Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old May 26, 2010, 01:04 PM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
Lets get one thing clear "Nothing like free shipping by EMS from china" Maybe some seller can have big profit on the products, so he can send the items for free. But nothing comes for free.

We do ship Skywalker by EMS. The shipping price are fixed 40 USD, because some countries cost 56 USD and others cost 38 USD. This way is the most fair for every FPV flyer out there.

@Boopidoo I Just send FPV community an example (FY 20 A) + Skywalker platform for free to do review on. Please visit the website in near future to see the review.

@ MIHA just send you a PM.
Last edited by Hooks; May 26, 2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old May 26, 2010, 01:37 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,465 Posts
Quote:
Lets get one thing clear "Nothing like free shipping by EMS from china" Maybe some seller can have big profit on the products, so he can send the items for free. But nothing comes for free.
Hehe, I am aware of that. I meant "at no charge for the customer". Obviously the vendor pays it then and it is on the price of the product. Which I don't care also as long as the price is competitive

Going to reply to your PM. Thanks.

M.
Old Jun 01, 2010, 06:05 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined Jan 2010
31 Posts
Questions about the FY21AP FPV Inertial Attitude Stabilizer

Hooks,
I am VERY interested in this product however I have a question:
Q1. what causes the auto return mode to activate?

for example, is the return to home mode only activated by receiving a signal from my transmitter? or

Is the auto return mode activated when the unit stops receiving signals from the transmitter say for example if I the event I fly out of range of my transmitter thus returning my expensive plane back to me?
Optic-Flare is offline Find More Posts by Optic-Flare