Joined Feb 2014
The updates of RUNCAM HD Firmware and Configuration software
New features of RunCam updated WebApp
1. Support multiple languages: English / French / German / simplified Chinese / traditional Chinese
2. Optimized interface layout
Have a try http://app.runcam.com/tool and any feedback will be welcome!
New features of upgraded version (V1.43) -FW ver AQ501.2015.0617.11of RunCam HD Config. Software
1. DUMPCFGINFO.binfile can be automatically generated for reading the current version of firmware.
2. Fixes the bug of Invalid 720P/60fps video recording
3. Adds Standby Auto Power Off Options: OFF; 30S (default); 45S; 1Min; 2Min.
4. Power On Auto Recording is enabled by default.
5. 720P and 1080P Video recording can be set individually.
6. Advanced Settings moved to the Home tab and settings being optimized.
7. DATEFORMAT options canceled.
8. Software Interface layout optimized.
The file "RUNCAMHD.bin" is the firmware. Please put it to the root directory of the TF card, and then turn on the camera.
Note: The upgraded software should work with the latest firmware
Intro of new features of upgraded version (V.13) of RunCam HD Config. software
1. Provides more optional formats of recording video (mov/avi/mp4);
2. Adds the ability to record time-lapse video;
3. Includes the ability to take time-lapse snapshot;
3. Adds Advance setting to adjust Sharpness, Exposure, Saturation, Color temperature, White balance etc;
4.Fixes an issue of Loop recording setting;
5. Addresses an issue where Audio is Off by default;
6. Fixes an issue of recodring rate is Normal by default;
7. Adds time setting that enables to modify time stamp on photo or video.
Note: The upgraded software should work with the latest firmware V220.127.116.11;
Contrast adjustment is not available in Advance setting of this version.
The file "RunCam Tool" is the configuration software, please put the TF card into the camera, connect the camera to PC. And then run the "RunCamTool.exe" to modify and build the configuration file. Then put the configuration file into the root directly of the TF card. After that, please unplug the camera and turn it on again, then the file will be deleted automatically.
Please note: To run the configuration software, you need to install "framework 4.0" on your computer first, you can download it from the link below:
There is a problem with the config utility, the error message says there is a missing DLL. Please went to Microsoft here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=26999 and to download the 32bit (the first file) or 64bit (the last file) option and install it.
Introduction of the new features of RunCam HD firmware (V18.104.22.168)
1. Add Color adjustment option.
2. Increase the video bit rate
3. No loop recording by default.
4. Add the Time lapes recording function. Need to update the camera to the new V1.3 version software first.
5. Add image settings, You can adjust the color, sharpness, contrast, saturation and white balance manually. Need to update the camera to the new V1.3 version software.
The file "RUNCAMHD.bin" is the firmware. Please put it to the root directory of the TF card, and then turn on the camera. After the firmware updating, please delete this firmware file manually or format the TF card, otherwise it will update firmware automatically at each time you turn on the camera.
RunCam HD: http://shop.runcam.com/runcam-hd/
Theoretically last Sunday I was out for testing, but I crashed at launch (what a #fail) and I do have only the crash, so I will not post it right now
But yes, the few seconds of the video shows that there are some improvements in the color.
What I have changed is the Color tone to Warm and added one level of exposure.
I do hope I will be able to fly this weekend, but the weather will decide for me.
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
Yep, the changes in the new firmware are impressive, almost perfect now, the only missing for me are:
- have folders name as date
- remember the last generated settings, now every time I want to make a single change I must check all again.
Also, make Contrast slider operational, is disabled now.
Adding at least two level to Contrast and Saturation would be nice too
Kudos, RunCam ! Mobius should start to fear
United Kingdom, Scotland, Argyll and Bute
Joined Oct 2012
Even more kudos if you would "remake" the operational video so that those of us that are not so computer "savvy" could operate and programme our cameras without having to go to night school
So many manufacture's assume we all know about these things . I think with clear -precise, WELL translated instruction , more "OLD like me would buy goods from overseas
This is a great camera and no doubt even better still if all the wonderful "tweaks" can easily be changed
I lost my RunCamHD but now I found it again. Uploaded the new FW.
As far as I can tell, the "custom date stamp" does not work, it only puts on the date.
I'll do a new video soon. unfortunately my DRV is broken but a new one is on the way and I'll do a "live-out" video.
Drambuidhe I had trouble with getting the updates on to the card. My PC is a little tired. If yours are failing try a different cable or maybe restart your PC before doing it?
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|New Product||FY91Q with GPS Position Hold-Telemetry,Firmware and Configuration Software||feiyudz||Multirotor Talk||2030||Aug 09, 2015 01:33 AM|
|Discussion||I updated my Naza software and firmware... what else do I have to do?||nickpapagiorgio||Multirotor Talk||3||Mar 26, 2014 09:09 AM|
|Discussion||Datarecorder Software 10.48 - Won't get past firmware update screen||Thorvald||Eagle Tree Systems||2||Jul 25, 2013 07:01 AM|
|Discussion||software/firmware upgrades/updates?||a1pcfixer||FMA Direct||2||Dec 21, 2011 06:11 PM|
|Download||Free Flight FF Auto Balance Controller firmware updated software download||iseekk||Multirotor Talk||1||Dec 08, 2011 09:57 PM|