New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2015, 06:25 AM
Find More Posts by rcflyinff
United States, FL, Titusville
Joined Mar 2012
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
Here is a photo of my Dynam SR-22. Added a master aircrew prop, custom paint scheme and made an interior. Instead of the giant cockpit bulkhead, I made it so the the battery slides into the instrument panel. With a couple of seats, the scale appearance is much improved.
Nice job! Could you please post a few more pics on your battery mod and interior?
rcflyinff is online now Find More Posts by rcflyinff
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2015, 08:06 PM
Find More Posts by F106DeltaDart
United States, MN, Stillwater
Joined Jan 2011
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyinff View Post
Nice job! Could you please post a few more pics on your battery mod and interior?
Maybe next week. I am on the road all of this week.
F106DeltaDart is online now Find More Posts by F106DeltaDart
Old Aug 22, 2015, 07:40 PM
Find More Posts by agedflier
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
Maybe next week. I am on the road all of this week.
Id like to see some pix too..I hate looking at my "drone" without a pilot..lol

Oh ... and...could you give us the spec's of the MAS prop too...much appreciated..A.F.
agedflier is offline Find More Posts by agedflier
Old Aug 27, 2015, 09:08 PM
Joined Jan 2011
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier View Post
Id like to see some pix too..I hate looking at my "drone" without a pilot..lol

Oh ... and...could you give us the spec's of the MAS prop too...much appreciated..A.F.
Mine doesn't actually have a pilot either, just seats and a panel. The prop is a 9x7 I believe, I will need to check. I will post pictures this weekend. Internet installation at my apartment was delayed for a week, and I will finally get it tomorrow. Otherwise, I have to run to the school library to get wifi...
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:10 PM
Find More Posts by Olearsenewbie
United States, GA, Douglasville
Joined Apr 2012
277 Posts
I've had this in my closet for a few years and I just pulled it out. Starting to get into the assembly now. Are flaps really effective/necessary on such a lightweight airplane? I started prying one of the flaps loose and stopped before I got too far. Not sure they're needed...
Olearsenewbie is offline Find More Posts by Olearsenewbie
Old Aug 29, 2015, 01:49 PM
Find More Posts by justj
United States, AZ, Chino Valley
Joined Feb 2012
464 Posts
I use the flaps on mine, they are handy and effective. I wasn't used to a plane with such a high stall speed.

I've worn my plane out. The firewall has gotten kind of 'flexy' so I ordered a 'floor stiffener kit' and a 'motor mount' kit meant for a Fun Cub from Morgan Mills. I have one in my Fun Cub and it's sweet!

J
justj is offline Find More Posts by justj
Old Aug 29, 2015, 02:48 PM
Joined Jan 2011
542 Posts
Here are pics of my cockpit interior mod. First, I cut out the giant bulkhead that holds the battery. Then, I made the panel and seats out of blue foam and painted them to match the Cirrus interior. I also made a hollow slot extending up into the panel to hold the battery.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 09:25 PM
Find More Posts by jim12
Take that runway!
United States, AZ, Glendale
Joined May 2005
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olearsenewbie View Post
I've had this in my closet for a few years and I just pulled it out. Starting to get into the assembly now. Are flaps really effective/necessary on such a lightweight airplane? I started prying one of the flaps loose and stopped before I got too far. Not sure they're needed...
The flaps are effective but not necessary. I use my SR as one of my touch and go airplanes on a hard surface runway. Almost always use half flaps. My video linked on post #2 describes the install if you haven't noticed it or figured it out yourself.
jim12 is offline Find More Posts by jim12
Old Aug 31, 2015, 09:52 PM
Find More Posts by Olearsenewbie
United States, GA, Douglasville
Joined Apr 2012
277 Posts
Thanks for all the insight. One other question. Generally, whats better to secure wood to EPO, regular 30 min epoxy, gorilla glue, or foam safe CA (or any CA for that matter)?

Worked it out. Going with good old reliable 30 minute epoxy.

I created a motor mount for larger motor and cut out for a larger 4s 3000maH battery.
Olearsenewbie is offline Find More Posts by Olearsenewbie
Last edited by Olearsenewbie; Sep 01, 2015 at 11:38 AM.
Old Sep 01, 2015, 02:08 PM
Find More Posts by jim12
Take that runway!
United States, AZ, Glendale
Joined May 2005
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olearsenewbie View Post
Thanks for all the insight. One other question. Generally, whats better to secure wood to EPO, regular 30 min epoxy, gorilla glue, or foam safe CA (or any CA for that matter)?

Worked it out. Going with good old reliable 30 minute epoxy.

I created a motor mount for larger motor and cut out for a larger 4s 3000maH battery.
Folks have used all three. Generally, EPO will take regular CA without melting. Gorilla glue holds very well but the foaming action can push pieces apart so hold them tight until the glue drys. Some manufacturers suggest not using epoxy as the EPO foam can be too smooth for it to grip. I've had good luck if I scuff the foam before gluing.

As with your new fire wall, I like epoxy or gorilla glue to build up a bit of a ridge or edging around the piece for extra strength.

Don't forget to balance her. Looks like you're adding a fair amount of weight in front of the CG. It should really zoom with the extra power and voltage.
jim12 is offline Find More Posts by jim12
Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM
Find More Posts by shonmac
United States, NJ, Dunellen
Joined Aug 2014
1,138 Posts
I am in need of a motor. Can't find the stock motor. Does anyone know where I can get a motor that will fit ? Maybe one with more power ?
shonmac is offline Find More Posts by shonmac