New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old May 02, 2015, 03:18 PM
BSquared18 is online now
Find More Posts by BSquared18
Registered User
BSquared18's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jun 2012
186 Posts
Glad to hear.

Bill
BSquared18 is online now Find More Posts by BSquared18
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2015, 07:59 PM
Zoide is offline
Find More Posts by Zoide
Registered User
Joined Feb 2008
462 Posts
So, do you guys recommend upgrading to version 5.x? Some time ago I'd read recommendations to stick with 4.x because the physics in 5.x were somehow inferior.

Thanks
Zoide is offline Find More Posts by Zoide
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2015, 02:21 AM
Acrow is offline
Find More Posts by Acrow
Registered User
Joined Dec 2007
26 Posts
It works well for me, but if you are happy with what you have, stick with it.

Make sure there are features you want or models you need that aren't available in version 4.

Also if you do proceed, instal V5in to a separate folder so you can easily roll back if you decide to.

Regards

Acrow
Acrow is offline Find More Posts by Acrow
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2015, 07:20 PM
BSquared18 is online now
Find More Posts by BSquared18
Registered User
BSquared18's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jun 2012
186 Posts
I seem to remember reading that there is more of a problem with helicopters than fixed-wing craft. I used the sim to practice flying the Hobbyzone Super Cub S, and it seemed spot on. Helped me prepare for my maiden flight.

Bill
BSquared18 is online now Find More Posts by BSquared18
Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2015, 08:39 PM
benskoning is online now
Find More Posts by benskoning
benskoning's Avatar
United States, WI, Oshkosh
Joined Feb 2013
241 Posts
The phoenix trainer aircraft are great. The issue comes about with giant scale 3D planes. As for heli physics I cant say.

-Ben
benskoning is online now Find More Posts by benskoning
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2015, 02:43 AM
TrueBuld is offline
Find More Posts by TrueBuld
Registered User
TrueBuld's Avatar
Joined Nov 2013
217 Posts
Avatars location?

Where are the avatars located on the PC.

In program setting/general/personal settings/ Avatar clicking the current avatar brings up a list of available avatars; however, there is no option to search for alternative avatars on the PC.

I would like to locate the PC directory were the default avatars are located and add my own.
TrueBuld is offline Find More Posts by TrueBuld
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2015, 08:03 PM
helicycle is online now
Find More Posts by helicycle
R/C addict...
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2006
172 Posts
Phoenix 5.0w Windows 7 VM graphics issues??

Hi all,

I'm trying to run v5.0w on a Win 7 VM (VMware Fusion 7.1) on a Mac with 2.3GHz i7 processor and 16GB RAM. I am constantly getting the "failed to initialise graphics..." I'm in the process of re-installing to see if its the 'update' to "w"...as I've tried increasing the memory available to the graphics card, and the memory available to the VM, both with no joy. I've turned off 3D acceleration, and turned it on. I don't know if there are any more changes I can make.

Thanks!
helicycle is online now Find More Posts by helicycle
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2015, 10:37 PM
benskoning is online now
Find More Posts by benskoning
benskoning's Avatar
United States, WI, Oshkosh
Joined Feb 2013
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBuld View Post
Where are the avatars located on the PC.

In program setting/general/personal settings/ Avatar clicking the current avatar brings up a list of available avatars; however, there is no option to search for alternative avatars on the PC.

I would like to locate the PC directory were the default avatars are located and add my own.
I don't think this is possible. You see other peoples avatars because they send info on what image to use. aka no one can see an avatar that isn't downloaded to their PC.
benskoning is online now Find More Posts by benskoning
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2015, 02:53 AM
TrueBuld is offline
Find More Posts by TrueBuld
Registered User
TrueBuld's Avatar
Joined Nov 2013
217 Posts
Avatars location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benskoning View Post
I don't think this is possible. You see other peoples avatars because they send info on what image to use. aka no one can see an avatar that isn't downloaded to their PC.
What you say makes a lot of sense. I was forgetting that the real purpose of avatars was for online use.
TrueBuld is offline Find More Posts by TrueBuld
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2015, 04:07 PM
benskoning is online now
Find More Posts by benskoning
benskoning's Avatar
United States, WI, Oshkosh
Joined Feb 2013
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBuld View Post
What you say makes a lot of sense. I was forgetting that the real purpose of avatars was for online use.
one thing you might be able to do is edit an image locally. This way you would see a new avatar and everyone else would see the original. I will look in to this later today.

-Ben
benskoning is online now Find More Posts by benskoning
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2015, 04:27 PM
benskoning is online now
Find More Posts by benskoning
benskoning's Avatar
United States, WI, Oshkosh
Joined Feb 2013
241 Posts
SUCCESS!!!! I managed to find the library for avatars (on windows 7) C:\Program Files\PhoenixRC\resources\GUI\avatars and changed one of them to a custom image. here are the results.
Name: phoenix custom avatar.png
Views: 27
Size: 128.1 KB
Description:

one thing to note, I replaced the image 0084.png. When replacing you need these three things. 1. Image is .png 2. image is 128x128 3. it is name 0084.png or other original image name.

-Ben
benskoning is online now Find More Posts by benskoning
Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2015, 03:20 PM
TrueBuld is offline
Find More Posts by TrueBuld
Registered User
TrueBuld's Avatar
Joined Nov 2013
217 Posts
Avatars location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benskoning View Post
SUCCESS!!!! I managed to find the library for avatars (on windows 7) C:\Program Files\PhoenixRC\resources\GUI\avatars and changed one of them to a custom image. here are the results.
Attachment 7844424

one thing to note, I replaced the image 0084.png. When replacing you need these three things. 1. Image is .png 2. image is 128x128 3. it is name 0084.png or other original image name.

-Ben
Nice one!
I missed that directory with the obscure name lol.
TrueBuld is offline Find More Posts by TrueBuld
Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2015, 11:54 PM
Dr Awkward is offline
Find More Posts by Dr Awkward
Registered User
Joined Feb 2014
4 Posts
Anyone else frustrated by Version 5.0.w?

I mostly fly multirotor, because that's what I own (two self-built, one for video, one for acro). In Version 5.0.v the Blade 350-QX was a good flying model in agility mode. Since the update, the physics are just awful in all modes. It's just broken...

The little Gaui is still a hoot, but the Blade is hopeless.

Edit: Just saw the previous posts on this issue. Sorry for the new post on a known issue.

I do have a question though: does anyone have a direct email address for Phoenix support? The link on the support web page doesn't work in either of the two browsers on my Win 8.1 computer.
Dr Awkward is offline Find More Posts by Dr Awkward
Last edited by Dr Awkward; May 23, 2015 at 12:00 AM. Reason: updates
Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2015, 09:33 AM
limmacslim is online now
Find More Posts by limmacslim
Registered User
limmacslim's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
1,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Awkward View Post
does anyone have a direct email address for Phoenix support? The link on the support web page doesn't work in either of the two browsers on my Win 8.1 computer.
Same here, the mailto link on their website is all messed up.

support@phoenix-sim.com
limmacslim is online now Find More Posts by limmacslim
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Phoenix R/C Pro Simulator V4.0 vacahtu Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Jan 18, 2014 12:19 AM
Sold New Phoenix RC PRO SIMULATOR WITH DX5 ncsky Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Dec 06, 2013 01:52 PM
Question Phoenix R C Pro Simulator V4.0 HackHeli Simulators 4 Oct 07, 2013 12:20 PM
Sold Phoenix R/C Pro Simulator V3.0 (Auto-Update to V4.0) w/ *NEW* DX4e Transmitter ShaneXman Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 1 Jun 18, 2013 05:27 PM
Sold Phoenix RC Pro Flight Simulator 2.5 (3.0) killermolly Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 5 Feb 18, 2011 09:28 AM