Nine Products to Bond with from Mercury Adhesives

Running short on CA? Check out the full lineup of products from Mercury Adhesives!

Splash

An Adhesive for Virtually Every Situation

Mercury Adhesives is well known in almost all branches of our hobby as producers of high-quality CA glues. From the foam compatible medium viscosity M100F to the fast wicking low viscosity M5T, there's a wide range of CA glues to chose from. In addition to producing CA, Mercury Adhesives also peddles a few other formulas such as accelerator, debonder, and thread-locking compound. Let's take a look at the lineup available from Mercury Adhesives.

M100F

Foam Compatible - Medium Viscosity

M100F has been my go-to CA for foam models for years. It bonds quickly but not so fast as to make a quick adjustment impossible. M100F is low odor and won't leave those tell-tale white marks or blooming behind.

M1000F

Foam Compatible - Thick Viscosity

Similar to M100F, but in a thicker viscosity, M1000F is great for gap filling on foam models.

M100XF

High Performance - Medium Viscosity

This stuff is like lightning (no, not the white kind) in a bottle. It's bond is quite literally instantaneous and very strong, so watch out around your fingers. If you need an extremely fast and powerful bond in a medium viscosity, give M100XF a try.

M5T

Thin Viscosity

M5T is a low viscosity CA that wicks fast and bonds extremely fast. It's great for bonding close-fitting parts and is not ideal for gap filling.

M300M

Medium Viscosity

Similar to M5T, the M300M CA is the medium viscosity version and the bond is fast. It has a little more tolerance for parts that don't fit tightly, but it's not a gap filling CA.

M1100G

Versatile CA, Thick Viscosity

M1100G is thick and versatile. It is great for general applications that don't require wicking and fills gaps nicely. It also gives a little leniency with regards to bonding time, so you can quickly get those parts aligned before it grabs. Because of it's thickness, cleaning the surfaces before mating is more important than the thinner viscosity CA.

MH16 Accelerator

Spray or Brush On

MH16 is the only accelerator I use, because it's one of those products that works well every time. Primarily used to speed curing of thicker CA glues, it also helps prevent fast wicking thin viscosity CA from soaking in.

M68DB Debonder

Penetrating CA Dissolver

As the name suggests, M68DB breaks the bond of CA, which can easily stick fingers together. Also used when parts are misaligned, a few sprays of the debonder allows it to penetrate and dissolve CA. It's best used under repeated short applications versus large applications of M68DB.

MLT245B Threadlocker

A New Product from Mercury Adhesives

Designed to cure in the absence of air between metal surfaces. MLT245B Threadlocker is of the "blue" variety, meaning it is medium-strength with a slight oil tolerance. Unique to threadlocker, this particular one has a brush attached to the top for more precise application to fasteners without over doing it.

No-Clog Cap

Mercury Adhesives products feature a no-clog cap that uses a metal pin to keep the opening of the bottle clear. Aside from the CA performance, this is my favorite aspect of using Mercury Adhesives glues!

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Nov 04, 2015 at 08:47 AM..
Old Nov 04, 2015, 11:08 PM
Find More Posts by JimEdmiston
MigLovin'
Sanford, FL
Joined Dec 2008
175 Posts
Looks great. How do the prices compare to BSI stuff?
I usually buy an ounce for $12.50 at the LHS.
JimEdmiston is offline Find More Posts by JimEdmiston
Old Nov 10, 2015, 08:45 PM
Ldm
Find More Posts by Ldm
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
10,696 Posts
Whats the best glue for foam , epp, epo, etc , one tha actually works fast .
Have not found one that works yet
Ldm is online now Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Nov 10, 2015, 08:51 PM View Post
Bare
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while Bare edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 09:19 PM
Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
6,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
Whats the best glue for foam , epp, epo, etc , one tha actually works fast .
Have not found one that works yet
I've yet to find a foam safe that works super fast, but for thicker epp type foams I usually use regular CA for great results without eating the foam.
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
Administrator
Old Nov 10, 2015, 09:27 PM
Find More Posts by Ron H
Night flying
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
4,386 Posts
I thought this was going to be about cavities.
Ron H is offline Find More Posts by Ron H
Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:25 PM
Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
12,757 Posts
I'm a big fan of Foam Tac for any foam.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2140906
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:01 AM
MK
Find More Posts by MK
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
2,417 Posts
+1 There's also Quick Grip by the same people who make Foam Tac (Beacon). However Quick Grip can only be used on foam that can take regular CA. Stuff like Depron it'll burn a hole through it pronto.
MK is offline Find More Posts by MK
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:06 AM
Find More Posts by JimEdmiston
MigLovin'
Sanford, FL
Joined Dec 2008
175 Posts
Still awaiting a response on pricing comparison...
JimEdmiston is offline Find More Posts by JimEdmiston