Old Jan 22, 2015, 01:17 PM
Find More Posts by subpixel
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Dec 2007
1,473 Posts
New Product
HMF Totem Q250 250mm Mini Quadcopter Frame

Just spotted at banggood HMF Totem Q250 250mm FPV 4 Axis Mini Quadcopter Frame Kit , looks to be cheaper than everywhere else at $16.24 (or $15.43 with code bestbg) so I've ordered one to try out.

Looks half decent and has solder points for the ESCs and battery connector on the bottom plate and an fpv camera plate.

subpixel is offline Find More Posts by subpixel
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by subpixel; Mar 03, 2015 at 09:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2015, 12:33 AM
Joined Dec 2007
1,473 Posts
Received mine only 9 days after ordering

The box, compact at 175x95x50mm

An interesting and I think good message on one side

Inside the box are:
4 arms, 2 red & 2 white
a bag of screws
a bag with the 3 frame parts, top, bottom and the camera plate
a very simple instruction sheet

Close up of the plates

and other side

Assembled

-Frame Weight is 110.30g

The totem along with the diatone FPV250, funrc QFO and ZMR250 carbon frames

RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2015, 03:57 PM
Find More Posts by B Fun
Check my Blog Page for Links
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2014
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subpixel View Post
Just spotted at banggood HMF Totem Q250 250mm FPV 4 Axis Mini Quadcopter Frame Kit , looks to be cheaper than everywhere else at $16 ($15.43 with code 6e6e0b) so I've ordered one to try out.

Looks half decent and has solder points for the ESCs and battery connector on the bottom plate and an fpv camera plate.
Have you done a quad build with this frame yet? How does the arm flex and strength compare to the Diatone FPV250? Also, what is the motor bolt hole spacing?

Thanks for codes (even better with ht10 code).
B Fun is offline Find More Posts by B Fun
Last edited by B Fun; Feb 14, 2015 at 04:05 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 05:15 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Fun View Post
Have you done a quad build with this frame yet? How does the arm flex and strength compare to the Diatone FPV250? Also, what is the motor bolt hole spacing?

Thanks for codes (even better with ht10 code).
Haven't used it for a build yet, it's currently on the spares pile to use when something else gets trashed.

Flex wise it's pretty darn solid when assembled with only a tiny bit if any.

RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2015, 06:19 PM
Find More Posts by B Fun
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2014
405 Posts
Quote:
Haven't used it for a build yet, it's currently on the spares pile to use when something else gets trashed.

Flex wise it's pretty darn solid when assembled with only a tiny bit if any.
Nice photo w/dimensions, thanks. I appreciate your extra effort...very clear that way. So it looks good to go for 16mm &19mm centers. I also found replacement arms on Goodluckbuy so far for $2 each.

I see on your Blog page that you got the KK 260 frame too...have you tried it yet? I was just getting ready to start a build with the Diatone 250 with cage (but under-slung).

But then recently I saw the KK 260 which will handle 6" props better and has the interesting angled arm configuration. And it looks like the Diatone cage would fit on it too. On the other hand, I really like the idea of being able to replace just an arm when you break one, instead of having to swap the entire frame.

I might have to do like you and try them all!

Thanks again.

BTW, how do you like the DYS 1806 2300kv motors? I got the same motors for this build.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 12:00 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,473 Posts
Had the diatone fpv250 and kk260 at the field today and I don't think there is any difference in how they fly at all, the 260 may be a bit less wobbly descending and more stable in a hover but otherwise I didn't see any difference.

Comparing the diatone 250 and the kk260 to the totem I think the totem will be less durable, that said if you used nylon screws for securing the arms then they should break rather than any frame parts.

as for the motors for the price/performance I don't think the dys ones can be bested.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2015, 03:20 PM
Find More Posts by B Fun
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2014
405 Posts
Quote:
Had the diatone fpv250 and kk260 at the field today and I don't think there is any difference in how they fly at all, the 260 may be a bit less wobbly descending and more stable in a hover but otherwise I didn't see any difference.

Comparing the diatone 250 and the kk260 to the totem I think the totem will be less durable, that said if you used nylon screws for securing the arms then they should break rather than any frame parts.

as for the motors for the price/performance I don't think the dys ones can be bested.
Thanks for the evaluation. Think I will get a couple of KK frames to play with then too.

Glad to hear thumbs up on the DYS motors. I did a three way bench test comparison of the DYS 1806 2300k, Emax MT1806 2280kv and RCX 1804 2400kv. The Emax are nice motors, but the DYS came out on top, so I got a set to try. This will be my first build with them.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by og1974
United States, OH, New Vienna
Joined Mar 2011
336 Posts
Just got my parts in today and got her together. I took it out a few minutes ago to give it a test spin, this thing is a beast. Hopefully the rain holds off tomorrow so I can really test it out. Here's my setup if anyone is interested.
The Totem frame
cc3d
emax 12a esc
emax 2204 2300kv
5x3 carbon fiber props
600tvl cam
ts5823 Vtx
frsky d4r ii
og1974 is offline Find More Posts by og1974
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:04 PM
Find More Posts by Mr.Spahkol
Joined Mar 2015
1 Posts
Just wanted to post some pictures of my build in this frame since there are notably very few. I really like this frame so far. Finished my build last night and will maiden it today. I'm coming from the HK FPV250 and was tired of how messy everything was since everything was exposed on that frame. So far, I am LOVING this nice and clean build since I can keep everything contained. I'd be happy to answer any questions about the build process too if anyone has any. Only thing that needs to go is that ridiculously huge stock 9X receiver...
Mr.Spahkol is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Spahkol
Old Apr 01, 2015, 08:08 PM
Find More Posts by benny638
Joined Mar 2015
2 Posts
Totem 330

I just finished a Totem 330 frame with 6x4.5 props and baby beast motors and love this frame. Just ordered the totem Q450 hexacopter to replace my Hobby king thorax (just looks messy when its complete). For the money the Totem frames are very good and with the integrated PCB it keeps everything nice and neat. I can post pictures if anyone is interested.
benny638 is offline Find More Posts by benny638
Old Apr 02, 2015, 12:15 AM
Joined Dec 2007
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benny638 View Post
I just finished a Totem 330 frame with 6x4.5 props and baby beast motors and love this frame. Just ordered the totem Q450 hexacopter to replace my Hobby king thorax (just looks messy when its complete). For the money the Totem frames are very good and with the integrated PCB it keeps everything nice and neat. I can post pictures if anyone is interested.
Feel free to post the pics, it's always helpful to see how different people arrange stuff on the same frame
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 02, 2015, 09:40 PM
Find More Posts by benny638
Joined Mar 2015
2 Posts
Quote:
Feel free to post the pics, it's always helpful to see how different people arrange stuff on the same frame
The Zippy Compact 3700 mAh battery fits nice and it hovers at 50% with that size battery. Don't know much about flight time yet as I am still learning to fly. :-)
benny638 is offline Find More Posts by benny638
Old May 12, 2015, 07:36 PM
Find More Posts by WreakHavoc
IRepairDrones/Velocity Rotors
United States, LA, Denham Springs
Joined Aug 2014
1,012 Posts
I just got one of these and I'm planning on running a Mini APM on it. It should get interesting. I will list my parts and post some photos later! I'm really liking the way this frame looks. The last frame I had these parts on was the Diatone 250 with the LEDs and I had a motor go bad on me and she crashed and burned. So this is the frame I'm switching to. I was running 4S on the Diatone at a top speed of 81kmh clocked with GPS and telemetry. Yes, very fast! I think I may be able to break that speed because this frame is lighter but the under swept arms may play a factor in how it flies. We will just have to see.
WreakHavoc is offline Find More Posts by WreakHavoc
Old Jun 04, 2015, 11:10 PM
Find More Posts by MrSatoV
BULLIT Drones
Japan, Kanagawa Prefecture, Yokohama
Joined Oct 2009
1,431 Posts
Good for first timers?

I was thinking of recommending this frame for my friend as a first time quad. For those who now have it and are flying it, would you recommend it? Did things pretty much just fit or did you have to mod to get things together?
MrSatoV is offline Find More Posts by MrSatoV
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Release of my racing frame!
Old Jun 08, 2015, 10:28 PM
Find More Posts by rrpallechio
rrpallechio
Joined Jun 2015
1 Posts
Thanks for posting these pictures and details subpixel. I ordered this frame from Amazon awhile back and sat down to lay it out this evening. And was totally confused. Your pictures are a big help!

MrSato, I'm a newbie. This is my first build. I'll come back and post on my experience.
rrpallechio is offline Find More Posts by rrpallechio