SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 24, 2015, 03:55 AM
Find More Posts by Fast AF
Joined Jun 2015
130 Posts
Careful!
Hobbyking abandoned my parcel?

I have ordered 2x Orca frames for my quad. At 20 each so 40 for both. Needed them fast so I paid 12 for UPS shipping. 52 in total ($75-80).

Frames arrived very fast but UPS guy had a cash on delivery invoice for me. 10 import duties and wait for it, 11 for a search warrant, my package has been opened to check contents and they want me to pay for their warrant. So 35 shipping costs for a 40 order.

I have orders from BG and HK totaling 1500 and have never ran into such high shipping costs. DHL once charged 3 import duties for a 39 order, which is totally fine.

The package from UPS looked very very badly repacked after inspection. Absolute pi$$ taking.
I immediately told him to return to sender and notified HK.

I since then ordered another frame from BG so now I want the HK frames even less.
My package since then just sits in the UPS warehouse and newest status is that it has been abandoned by sender. What now? HK wont refund until parcel goes back to them.
Fast AF is online now Find More Posts by Fast AF
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2015, 08:26 PM
Find More Posts by 1101
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
697 Posts
You are liable to any local import duties & fess. You agreed to this in HK's terms & conditions
Youve refused to pay the duties & fees, so really its on you, not HK.

Not saying i agree with the way some courier companies do this, but thats just the way it is.
Some courier companies have an agreement, with your govt/customs, to collect duties on their behalf .
Im starting to see a similar thing with some US ebay sellers,
But at least ebay are up front about it & loosing international sales because of the excessive customs charges .

btw , Im dreading the day I get hit with the same thing. Its just a matter of time
:-(
1101 is offline Find More Posts by 1101
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:41 PM
Joined Jun 2015
130 Posts
The duties for a 40 parcel is up to 5. Got raised to 11 because they also took into account the shipping costs, raising the value to over 50.
So im paying import duties on shipping costs.

And in what universe is the receiver charged with the costs of the search warrant for his package, first time I heard something like that.

Last time im using UPS.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 09:02 AM
Find More Posts by startazz
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,976 Posts
This isn't that new of a deal thanks to our UK government,which made sure they whacked the price up on custom charges,so this isn't a HK problem but a customs/postal company problem IMHO,i'm also betting they are giving HK parcels a hard time too just like the German customs use to back in the day.

If i where you and you wanted someone from HK to sort out the parcel that you say has been abandoned,i'd get onto Rob from HKCSNYC thread because he will help anyone and not just the people from the USA,anyone from around the world and i've also had him help me and i've seen others big him up too,so might be worth sending him a PM.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2139842
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Aug 05, 2015, 01:26 AM
Joined Jun 2015
130 Posts
Thank you. Will email him thanks a lot. So basically after I immediately told UPS to return the package to sender, almost a month after, the new status is that the parcel has been abandoned by sender and receiver. Well the thing is, im not a charity and im not abandoning 50
I've been patient enough and for no company wouldve waited a month to get a refund, but HobbyKing has been great always. However its time to solve this.