Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:16 PM
Find More Posts by benskoning
United States, WI, Oshkosh
Joined Feb 2013
233 Posts
Discussion
V5 Variant collection (Phoenix RC V5)

Introduction
This is basically a collection of multiple variants of multiple models. I have included my personal variants under the name of "Lowkey" (my name for phoenix online). I encourage others to reply with their own variants and I can add them to the list. I have some saved posts under this main post. These are for Installation guides and lists of variants for fixed wing, helis, etc.

This is still under construction, feel free to give feed back and maybe some of your own variants below.
benskoning is offline Find More Posts by benskoning
Last edited by benskoning; Nov 12, 2014 at 11:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:17 PM
Joined Feb 2013
233 Posts
Installation Guide

Windows

1. Down load the .zip file of your choice.

2. Open your "My documents" Folder.

3. Open the "PhoenixRC" folder.

4. Open the "Variants" folder.

5. Open the "Airplanes" or "Helicopters" folder.

6. Copy and paste the .var file in to the folder. (dont worry about the name, if the file is from one of the first posts it will be correct)

That's all, You will probably need to restart phoenix to have the variants actually show in your model list.
Last edited by benskoning; Nov 12, 2014 at 11:30 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:18 PM
Joined Feb 2013
233 Posts
Fixed Wing

Updates

11/21/2014 Electric 2 meter Alliance added.

11/19/2014 Ckleanth's Addiction and Extra variants added.

Electric

PA Addiction

Ckleanth's Addiction X Download

Ckleanth's Addiction XL Download

Performance

Alliance

Electric 2 Meter Download (Tune to your liking)

Extra

Ckleanth's Extra Download

Lowkey Sport Download

Shuriken

Lowkey Medium Download

Lowkey Sport Download

Yak 54

Currently being worked on, New versions are on the way.
Last edited by benskoning; Nov 21, 2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:20 PM
Joined Feb 2013
233 Posts
There are currently no helicopter variants at this time. Please feel free to submit your own by replying to the thread.
Last edited by benskoning; Nov 12, 2014 at 11:34 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:03 AM
Find More Posts by Hawk600
United States, NH, Nashua
Joined Mar 2011
374 Posts
Great initiative, thank you for your models, I will try them and will also try to post a couple variants I have.
Hawk600 is offline Find More Posts by Hawk600
Old Nov 17, 2014, 01:32 PM
Joined Feb 2013
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk600 View Post
Great initiative, thank you for your models, I will try them and will also try to post a couple variants I have.
Thanks, Cant wait to see what you make. If you have any questions just ask.

-Ben
Old Nov 17, 2014, 05:32 PM
Find More Posts by Griphin
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
2,490 Posts
New schemes have already been posted in the main thread for them.
Griphin is online now Find More Posts by Griphin
Old Nov 17, 2014, 08:04 PM
Joined Feb 2013
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
New schemes have already been posted in the main thread for them.
Not sure what you are talking about, This thread is for variants. (Actually modifying the aircraft to fly differently)
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:45 AM
Find More Posts by ckleanth
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
2,175 Posts
benskoning I had a look at your variants. The issue you might not realise is that the physics as well as the transmitter settings is very important.
Phoenix allows to use our own transmitters so we can actually setup a virtual model with all settings and switches we use for real rc models (at least thats what I do). with this you can have all sort of mixing straight from your transmitter, including dual rates.
If you have a specific model, lets say the ADX and you try to finetune the physics to match the real thing then you would want the transmitter settings in phoenix not to influence the model performance. if you use dual rates and expo in your transmitter then you should switch the transmitter dual rates and expo off within phoenix otherwise the rates will be wrong.

Also try to get the geometry, size and weight first right and then slowly try to change model physics to get the flying characteristics right.

have a look at my variants..
variants "Addiction X" and "Addiction XL" is geometrically correct
the "My Addiction XL" variant fly like my ADX
the extra is my favourite gas model within phoenix.

all my variants do not use expo within phoenix, the dual rates, expo, flaperons knife edge compensation etc is all programmed in my transmitter.
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:56 AM
Joined Feb 2013
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
benskoning I had a look at your variants. The issue you might not realise is that the physics as well as the transmitter settings is very important.
Phoenix allows to use our own transmitters so we can actually setup a virtual model with all settings and switches we use for real rc models (at least thats what I do). with this you can have all sort of mixing straight from your transmitter, including dual rates.
If you have a specific model, lets say the ADX and you try to finetune the physics to match the real thing then you would want the transmitter settings in phoenix not to influence the model performance. if you use dual rates and expo in your transmitter then you should switch the transmitter dual rates and expo off within phoenix otherwise the rates will be wrong.

Also try to get the geometry, size and weight first right and then slowly try to change model physics to get the flying characteristics right.

all my variants do not use expo within phoenix, the dual rates, expo, flaperons knife edge compensation etc is all programmed in my transmitter.
Thanks for the feed back, I am currently working on updates to my settings. I will add yours to the list. Is there a specific name you would like them listed as?

-Ben
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:10 PM
Find More Posts by ckleanth
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
2,175 Posts
I'm not bothered really but if you want to keep track of variants use my alias somewhere within the name file.

Also the google drive thing might not be best method to archive variants in rcg.
there's a 10mb limit per zip file but as far I'm aware there is no limit on how many files you can attach to a post. Is there a particular reason you use google drive?
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:30 PM
Joined Feb 2013
233 Posts
Quote:
I'm not bothered really but if you want to keep track of variants use my alias somewhere within the name file.

Also the google drive thing might not be best method to archive variants in rcg.
there's a 10mb limit per zip file but as far I'm aware there is no limit on how many files you can attach to a post. Is there a particular reason you use google drive?
Easier to organize on my end, I have a folder on my desktop that automatically uploads any changes. That and I have a bunch of space from work.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 06:45 PM
Joined Feb 2013
233 Posts
model list updated.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 02:35 AM
Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,386 Posts
Quote:

I am not sure what you did to get the Extra to fly so well but thank you! I have been fiddling with this damn Sim ever since they updated it to V5 and for the life of me I could not get the Extra, Sukhoi, Suriken, or any other 3D plane to actually fly like a 3D plane!!! You did it! Thank you! I was getting ready to switch to RF because of this horrible update. I think I will hold onto it for a while longer now. Do you think you could mess with the Inverza and see if you can get it flying right? I do not personally own one I just really like the looks of it. If not no big deal. The extra is great! Thanks for your hard work.
AZAerobat is offline Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Old Dec 30, 2014, 05:22 AM
Find More Posts by nonnopaolo
Italy, Sicilia, Casteldaccia
Joined Apr 2010
82 Posts
Yak 55 wanted! Dead or alive! :-P

Hi guys,
as you can understand, I'm searching for a YAK 55 model for Phoenix 5.
I searched on google but it seems that there isn't any...
I'm not that good with software like Builder.
Can you help me?
many thanks!
Paolo
nonnopaolo is offline Find More Posts by nonnopaolo