HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

E-flite UMX Spacewalker

A 4-channel micro version of a classic

Splash

Available in RTF and BNF versions

As RTF micro's go, this is one scale-out rendition of a homebuilt classic. The UMX Spacewalker from E-flite features molded ribs, exposed engine cylinders, and a pilot bust in the open cockpit. Control is from rudder, elevator, and throttle on the included 4-channel 2.4GHz DSMX® transmitter. The RTF version comes with everything needed to fly, while the BNF version requires a 4-channel radio. Both versions come with a Ultra-micro 70mAh 1S 3.7V LiPo battery.

CLICK HERE for more info on the UMX Spacewalker

Specifications:

• Wingspan: 16.5 in (418mm)
  • Length: 11.6 in (295mm)
  • Wing Area: 45.3 sq. in. (292sq cm)
  • Flying Weight: 0.78 oz (22g)
  • Motor Size: 6mm Brushed
  • Recommended Motor Battery: EFLB0701S
  • Minimum Required Radio: MLP4DSM

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jul 18, 2014 at 08:12 AM..

Discussion

Old Jul 18, 2014, 09:26 AM
What tree?
Yucca Valley, California
Joined Aug 2005
2,374 Posts
Low-wing Champ!

It's just an odd airplane to have on the EFlite brand.

3-channel, brushed, 1S, semi-scale, no AS3X..

This is a HobbyZone plane. Many are curious about the recent brand shifts.
Rampage is offline Find More Posts by Rampage
Old Jul 18, 2014, 05:05 PM
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
973 Posts
I own Three Champs, fly them day and in the Night.....the Best little plane ever built.

I call them a reality Sim....my opinion, the best plane one could learn to fly with.

Now this little Spacewalker, same basic idea and a low wing plane, which I think is great.

The Champ as it is designed does not need AS3X ...I have flown it in winds up to 12 mph and more....having it with AS3X would be nice and same with SAFE......But really does not need it for what it is meant to be. Same with the Spacewalker......another one I will make a night time flier.

BUT now I see also HH is coming out with the Sport Cub with SAFE and AS3X system...Superb .

So to me , Both the Spacewalker with a 3 ch simplicity like the Champ and also the Sport Cub with SAFE are two planes I will most likely get in the near future.
HGhost is offline Find More Posts by HGhost
Old Jul 18, 2014, 05:38 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
Low-wing Champ!

It's just an odd airplane to have on the EFlite brand.

3-channel, brushed, 1S, semi-scale, no AS3X..

This is a HobbyZone plane. Many are curious about the recent brand shifts.
perhaps it should have been 4ch - they gave one too many servos to the micro corsair
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:26 AM
Old newb
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2003
139 Posts
I fly 3 different sizes of SpaceWalker; all built up balsa. (48, 61, 81 inch.). Hard to imagine effectively flying one without ailerons. The SpaceWalker is a floater so I best this little can stay up pretty well. Windy days sure do challenge my smallest though. A gentle breeze is all I would expect a non stabilized mini version to handle. I am about to add stabilization to my 48 inch version, though.

We'll see just how well this one really flies since the OP did not seem to actually fly one.
r39o is offline Find More Posts by r39o
Old Jul 19, 2014, 06:35 PM
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
973 Posts
What is the ETA on the Spacewalker ?
Old Today, 12:56 AM
Simple, Easy, Fun
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jan 2013
333 Posts
Kind of bizarre that they chose to equip it with the gearbox from the J-3 Cub instead of from the Champ:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...nf-EFLU2780#t4

For those of you who never had a Cub, it uses the same prop shaft as the Ember, and when flying outside, the shaft breaks off very easily and you have to take the plane apart to replace it and the propeller.

Maybe somebody from HH will see this and switch to a 4Site/Champ gearbox in the Spacewalker before it's too late....

Cheers,
Gabe
Gabe_BigApple is offline Find More Posts by Gabe_BigApple
Old Today, 01:12 AM
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
973 Posts
Keeps price Down they say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe_BigApple View Post
Kind of bizarre that they chose to equip it with the gearbox from the J-3 Cub instead of from the Champ:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...nf-EFLU2780#t4

For those of you who never had a Cub, it uses the same prop shaft as the Ember, and when flying outside, the shaft breaks off very easily and you have to take the plane apart to replace it and the propeller.

Maybe somebody from HH will see this and switch to a 4Site/Champ gearbox in the Spacewalker before it's too late....

Cheers,
Gabe
Reason I keep reading concerning this plane..Hh keeps saying Keeps price down....paint--> Keeps Price down- .....Cub Motor etc--->keeps price down----> etc etc etc...It keeps price down......that is all they say.

Just by the plane and install the Champ or P51 motor set up.....paint it yourself and or add ailerons etc etc.....but Keep price Down...lol
Old Today, 01:40 AM
Simple, Easy, Fun
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jan 2013
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGhost View Post
Reason I keep reading concerning this plane..Hh keeps saying Keeps price down....paint--> Keeps Price down- .....Cub Motor etc--->keeps price down----> etc etc etc...It keeps price down......that is all they say.
Paint, etc, no prob. I think they should sell it in plain white and they can make money selling a new line of foam-safe paint, or selling a bunch of different-color decal sheets.

However, unless they also plan to change how they handle customer support, lots of broken shafts will cost them lots of money in customer support costs.

Gabe
Gabe_BigApple is offline Find More Posts by Gabe_BigApple