Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:58 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,553 Posts
-- unless there was thrust at some vector to stabilize it, the silly thing would simply tumble
SOMETHING must keep a non symmetrical foil from pitching .
No trim drag ?
On a more realistic note - i flew my new little VisionAire yesterday - it has 3 axis stabilization which is so well integrated that you don't even know it's there - the plane simply flies with no twitchiness and -once pointed or rolled to an attitude- remains there till you deliberately change it- uncanny!!
just like Uncle Sams multimillion dollar stuff.
The times -- they are a changing----
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:30 PM
Joined Sep 2006
795 Posts
Okay thats true I was thinking that lift in front of the CG would give the pitch up that reflex provides.
b36roxs is offline Find More Posts by b36roxs
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:33 AM
B for Bruce
The 'Wack, BC, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
11,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b36roxs View Post
Okay thats true I was thinking that lift in front of the CG would give the pitch up that reflex provides.
If the CG is far enough back then yeah, that happens. But it's not a self stabilizing sort of thing because now the CG is behind the neutral point. You can see this for yourself if you try to "fly" a simple flat wing. It'll go into a rotating tumble because this arrangement with the balance point so far behind the 1/4 chord point isn't at all stable.
BMatthews is offline Find More Posts by BMatthews