1,774 Posts
Lite is also same as Naza-M v1
mattjk is online now Find More Posts by mattjk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2014, 06:53 AM
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Dec 2012
709 Posts
My problem is I'm usually rushing with the limited time I have at home, and accidently ripped the usb cord that was still connected. I repaired it once. The second time I felt better with a replacement. Had to use the m v2 led/usb. I hate they aren't sold as much anymore. Guess I'll use mine until I move over to a multi for aerials. Its going to happen at some point.
Mapoff is offline Find More Posts by Mapoff
Old Jul 16, 2014, 02:13 PM
Joined Mar 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapoff View Post
The naza h will soon be a thing talked about in history books. With multirotors dominating the aerial media world I'm finding it harder to find stock. I couldn't fine a replacement led/USB so I got one for the multirotor version.
Well, that's kinda too bad...... I hope mine doesn't get damaged so I won't have to go searching for non-existent parts.

My next controller will be a Bavarian Demon, but that's down the road a year or so.

The Naza has a one year warranty so I'd think (hope) parts would be available at least until then.

Boowho??
boowho is offline Find More Posts by boowho
Old Jul 16, 2014, 02:17 PM
Joined Mar 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
My problem is I'm usually rushing with the limited time I have at home, and accidently ripped the usb cord that was still connected. I repaired it once. The second time I felt better with a replacement. Had to use the m v2 led/usb. I hate they aren't sold as much anymore. Guess I'll use mine until I move over to a multi for aerials. Its going to happen at some point.
You're not saying that all single rotor heli's are going away all together, are you??

Boowho??
Old Jul 16, 2014, 06:54 PM
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Dec 2012
709 Posts
Single rotor aerial photography seems dead. I'm still going because it's cheaper but it's a pain to tune the vibes out. I have a lot of lifting power for the money too. My 5D with a big L lens can be sent to the moon with no effort.

If you look around AP is all multis. They have their own problems. I went with the naza for its out of the box ease. It's been great. I may shift to ardupilot as I've gotten more comfortable with the hobby.
Mapoff is offline Find More Posts by Mapoff
Old Jul 17, 2014, 02:54 PM
Joined Mar 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
Single rotor aerial photography seems dead. I'm still going because it's cheaper but it's a pain to tune the vibes out. I have a lot of lifting power for the money too. My 5D with a big L lens can be sent to the moon with no effort.

If you look around AP is all multis. They have their own problems. I went with the naza for its out of the box ease. It's been great. I may shift to ardupilot as I've gotten more comfortable with the hobby.
OK, I misunderstood..... you meant AP single rotor. But how about this??

Within the last few days the FAA has proposed new regs that would pretty much make FPV goggles illegal.

I don't do any FPV right now, but will probably want to someday.

I'm thinking of the newest Parrot Bebop with the auxiliary controller. That is, when it's available and I have a few more $$$ to spend.

BTW, gave the NAZA it's first test this AM in GPS mode. Everything went really well.

I started to mount it on a Trex 450 clone, but about a week ago I stumbled on a guy that needed money BAD and I bought his mint Align 550E for a measly $250!! That was with two almost brand new 5000 bats and an extra set of rotor blades.

So I put the Naza on the 550E and couldn't be happier at the moment. I wish I'd have had the NAZA three years ago when I started with a 450. I spent WAY more in parts from crashes than the whole NAZA plus GPS module cost me.

I'd say barring mechanical failure and not doing much more than casual sport flying, the thing should be pretty much crash proof.

Well, within a reasonable degree......

Boowho??