HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:44 AM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisfc1972 View Post
where can i get and what size are these eyelet screws?

i bought this plane only because i want to relax and i plan to fly every weekend for maybe an hour or so. i will have 3 stock batteries. im not going to do too much as far as mods are concerned. i really dont want the wings to be attached for days. now i see why people recommend those popsicle mods etc. i didnt undertand that until now.

maybe i could just take the rubber bands off without messing with the wear and tear of the fuse, unscrewing the struts
From Home Depot.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:20 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
Chap -

Your thoughts on the antenna vs brownout issue are near genius: bravo
Thank you Sir. I wasn't gonna mention this because I figured it was a know issue with the antenna being tucked too far into the fuse and I didn't want to get blown out of the water with such a post and being a newb at planes I never recalled reading a post about the antenna and brown outs caused by the pushrods.

Gee, I feel like a true "contributor" to this thread now

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:29 AM
Joined Mar 2008
10,884 Posts
North thanks for the heads up on the prop balancer. I'll probably take a ride to my LHS tomorrow and see what they have. I thought these would be easy to make using home materials.

@quitch I just love what you did to the garage

Mike.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:33 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,288 Posts
Thanks, That is actually and old picture. I have now maximized the plane holders to hold two planes at a time. Retract planes on top and fixed on the bottom.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:35 AM
Joined Mar 2008
10,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Thanks, That is actually and old picture. I have now maximized the plane holders to hold two planes at a time. Retract planes on top and fixed on the bottom.
Cool. So tell me,,..what kind of fishing do you do?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:07 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,288 Posts
That outboard is for may Santana 20 sailboat. I have never used the outboard in 17 years. I usually fish on my buddies 21 foot power boat. Salt water.

Camera now has some juice so here are some pictures of the sound module. It is made to look like a bomb.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:39 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,954 Posts
Machine gun sounds that is hilarious! Need to get us some video. Way to go!

I have been having major brownOut issues Chappy Chap. Been asking around and made my own thread. Guys that seem very experienced are saying the only way to get a blinking RX is by loss of power. Either a loose wire connection somewhere. Or a battery draining to LVC. Theyre also saying look for binding servos which can cause large drains. Im stumped cause this is happening on 3 different planes. Cant find any loose wires. Control surfaces all have free movement the distance they travel. But relating to your post they are saying its not a reception or antenna type problem.

Not sure what the effects of a bare antenna hitting a metal pushrod would be. Might just turn it into a longer antenna.
wopachop is offline Find More Posts by wopachop
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:51 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
839 Posts
My experience with blinking RX falls into to modes for what it's worth:

1) If I don't power off the TX (dx8 in my case) after disconnecting the ESC on the plane, then I get a blinking RX - but if flies fine.

2) If it get a blinking RX after flying - so what. I have not had any loss of control issues.

I have had loss of control and crashes, but have not had any of these in ages since using either separate UBEC to power the ESC using something like this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=33297

or a Capacitor on the RX itself like this:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=16223
Blade Crasher is offline Find More Posts by Blade Crasher
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:45 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
449 Posts
i get the plane thursday. how exactly do i trim the elevator? fly at half throttle and then trim elevator so it flies straight, at half throttle? is that it?

the reason i ask is because i thought elevator was supposed to be used to go up and down, and throttle for speed.
bradymartin is offline Find More Posts by bradymartin
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:50 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradymartin View Post

the reason i ask is because i thought elevator was supposed to be used to go up and down, and throttle for speed.
The experienced flyers, many who are actual pilots, will tell you it's actually the opposite
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:18 PM
Joined Jan 2013
449 Posts
so do i adjust elevator like i said in my previous post? or can i adjust it using less than half throttle?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:35 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,468 Posts
Quote:
so do i adjust elevator like i said in my previous post? or can i adjust it using less than half throttle?
I'm no expert, but most guys I know of, including myself, trim the elevator for level flight at 50% throttle. Increasing throttle at that point makes you climb, decreasing lets you descend.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:46 PM
Joined Jan 2013
449 Posts
id like it to fly level as slow as possible so ill try trimming at 1/3 throttle and see how that goes
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:52 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,468 Posts
Quote:
id like it to fly level as slow as possible so ill try trimming at 1/3 throttle and see how that goes
That's how I like to fly my Champ... 1 foot above the crops in the field out back, dead calm at dusk with my LEDs

... with a smoke hanging out of my mouth.

very relaxing.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:06 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
You have the right idea. You'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
That's how I like to fly my Champ... 1 foot above the crops in the field out back, dead calm at dusk with my LEDs

... with a smoke hanging out of my mouth.

very relaxing.
Camel filters?
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE