Old May 18, 2015, 12:31 PM
Find More Posts by RickC_RCAV8R
Canada, BC, Castlegar
Joined May 2014
664 Posts
Idea
Quadcopter Bwainz !

Gentlemen :

An idea . As I just love flying my Cheerson CX10 nano quad and Syma X5C as they are some of the most stable platforms , moreso than my Walkera QRX350 anyway , I thought to use their main PC board flight computer guts as the Bwainz (brains) of a larger quad project . The idea here is to use the designed motor outputs of the main PC board and interface them thru an appropriate HEXFET transistors in a basic amplifier mode . This trnasistor would become the ESC for each brushed motor of the new project . The question that I need to answer is of the availability of appropriate direct drive BRUSHED motors . What would be good ones to use that would be the equivalent to the 250 quad sized 1800 or 2200 series ?

For a brand new build , using this technique would not be viable as there are FCs out in the marketplace that are fairly cheap . BUT re-using crashed / junkbox / salvaged pieces in another project may be another matter . Just a thought here . Using these Bwainz would be the Zombie approach , I guess .
Any ideas guys ? RIckC
RickC_RCAV8R is offline Find More Posts by RickC_RCAV8R
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RIX : Squished Ugly Stick
to remove ads between posts