SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 29, 2013, 05:31 AM
Find More Posts by lnquang
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Oct 2012
69 Posts
Discussion
Quadcopter, 2 ccw motors too hot compare to others 2 cw motors

Why? Can anyone explain me? Also notice that during the fly, control quad rotate left much easier than rotate right. See in the picture 2 motors with white props extreme hot after a flight while others 2 are not!
lnquang is offline Find More Posts by lnquang
Last edited by lnquang; Jul 29, 2013 at 05:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:50 AM
Find More Posts by richardt1808
Richard in Bangkok
Thailand, Bangkok
Joined Jul 2012
252 Posts
Best guess is that one or more of your booms is out of alignment so that the motor is not sitting exactly vertical. Hover you copter at eye level and look at the props as they are spinning. Do they each spin in exactly horizontal position ?

Props also look very big compared to your motors, but, as you say if one pair is not worryingly hot, then maybe it's the actual shape of the blades or balancing ...
richardt1808 is offline Find More Posts by richardt1808
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:37 AM
Find More Posts by lnquang
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Oct 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardt1808 View Post
Best guess is that one or more of your booms is out of alignment so that the motor is not sitting exactly vertical. Hover you copter at eye level and look at the props as they are spinning. Do they each spin in exactly horizontal position ?

Props also look very big compared to your motors, but, as you say if one pair is not worryingly hot, then maybe it's the actual shape of the blades or balancing ...
I check the props balance they are perfect. It is not this quad only, other quad I have the same symptom. how you explain this phenomenon?
lnquang is offline Find More Posts by lnquang
Old May 01, 2015, 12:24 AM
Find More Posts by emailcraigs
Joined Feb 2015
10 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I have the same thing but its my CW motors that get hotter than my CCW motors.
emailcraigs is offline Find More Posts by emailcraigs
Old May 01, 2015, 01:01 PM
Find More Posts by Hotvak123
Joined Mar 2015
30 Posts
sound like these two motor are working harder than the other two. try recalibrating the esn again , make sure the center of gravity good and not heavy to one side. level your quad and recalibrate. when you plug in the quad to fly, let it set there before you arm it, this lets the controller load its program and calibrates.
also check the motors magnets make sure there not loose and dragging. I had a couple motor magnet come loose and one brake in half and was slowing the motor down. my fix was to epoxy them in , and it's been working fine ever sense. hope this helps
Hotvak123 is online now Find More Posts by Hotvak123