New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:03 AM
Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,560 Posts
heliclown.
As gbmoore said this is not a ready for anything kit. I had to completely overhaul and redesign many parts of this plane. You can see the pics I've posted as have other folks by looking at the links for this topic.
Mine has yet to fly. And as I said, it is not normal. I"ve got a 700-60-1120 motor running a Jetfan on 10-12 cell and I've got intake splitters, and my elevator servos are in the fan mounting area, and I've got bulkheads and supports all over the plane.......

Mine would not be the plane to look at if you're about to build yours. But you're welcome to check out and use any ideas I have if you think they will work for you!

I suggest reading as much of this thread as you can manage....There's a good many things to look out for. Have fun.

Just in case it only make one flight I will be doing a photo shoot before it does it's maiden. Lots of things on it I just want to document.
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2015, 05:22 PM
Find More Posts by heliclown
Australia, NSW, Hillsborough
Joined Feb 2008
115 Posts
THanks Michael, I have read this entire thread and wiil pick out all the mods I think are the best ,including some of yours. I hope to see your maiden soon, I am sure it will be successful by the way your have built yours Good luck.
Steve
heliclown is offline Find More Posts by heliclown
Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM
Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,560 Posts
Maiden done! Successful in the respect that it took off 50 feet before I thought it would with flaps down and flew like a plane twice it's size.....
Mine was too nose heavy (I tried to hit 4" or so) and I had many trim clicks to pull the nose up.
Still flew great on 11 cell 3300s.... I flew at half throttle and the plane was faster than my Habu 32 on 12S at full throttle....this plane is going to be really fast!!
Landing? Well that didn't go well at all. I've only flown about 3 times in the past several years and completely forgot that a bounce on landing should be turned into a touch and go.....instead I tried to land anyway...way too fast and bounced five times and snapped front gear and ruined nose gear door and cracked top skin of wing.
So now I'm redoing nose retract with a 60-120 instead of the 15-25......and I've got to add supports to the mains so they don't poke thru the top of the wings...
I'm excited...This plane is gonna be a blast.

I did a stationary video because I was alone....All it caught was the disasterous landing....And you don't want to see that!! LOL
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM
Find More Posts by Mattsrcking
Multi RC Aircraft User!!
United States, FL, Parrish
Joined Apr 2007
644 Posts
I've been contemplating buying this plane, but hear about all the mods it has to be done to it in order for it to be ready to fly. H et has some in stock, and I have a jet fan 90mm that I could put in it and run on a 8s. Just not sure the v2 has any different quality issues
Mattsrcking is online now Find More Posts by Mattsrcking
Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM
Find More Posts by Jetsom
Formerly "Heli Copter"
United States, CA, Watsonville
Joined Apr 2009
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsrcking View Post
I've been contemplating buying this plane, but hear about all the mods it has to be done to it in order for it to be ready to fly. H et has some in stock, and I have a jet fan 90mm that I could put in it and run on a 8s. Just not sure the v2 has any different quality issues
Here is a video of my V2 with a Jetfan 90 on 8S.

Nicks Super Sniper XL90 JF90 8s 2nd flight (4 min 52 sec)
Jetsom is offline Find More Posts by Jetsom
Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Find More Posts by skydve76
More jets than a carburetor
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2008
2,868 Posts
Its still 400 bucks with shipping, unless you REALLY want one its not worth that price. $200-$250 range max.

Hets are the EDF version of Fly Eagle Jets.
skydve76 is offline Find More Posts by skydve76
Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM
Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,372 Posts
That thing rips around good on a JF90 w/ 8s.
I just pulled mine out of the hangar for the first time in a while, it's been neglected a lot due to work and moving... Just as fun as I remember!
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Today, 01:13 AM
Find More Posts by heliclown
Australia, NSW, Hillsborough
Joined Feb 2008
115 Posts
Good on you michael

Hi Michael, good to hear that she finally flew. I have just added some extra ribs to the gear attach points in the wing, since our strip is rough grass. I look forward to some video when you do your repairs. Steve
heliclown is offline Find More Posts by heliclown
Old Today, 02:56 AM
Multi RC Aircraft User!!
Joined Apr 2007
644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsom View Post
Here is a video of my V2 with a Jetfan 90 on 8S.

http://youtu.be/qfN7tNZvRIc
Looks great on 8s, how was your build? Lots of mods or straight forward. If I were to purchase I would go with electric retracts. I've got the servos, fan/motor, esc. But no retracts or struts. My time is limited, so if it involves a lot of modding I'd rather go with another jet.
Old Today, 09:13 AM
Formerly "Heli Copter"
Joined Apr 2009
488 Posts
Quote:
Looks great on 8s, how was your build? Lots of mods or straight forward. If I were to purchase I would go with electric retracts. I've got the servos, fan/motor, esc. But no retracts or struts. My time is limited, so if it involves a lot of modding I'd rather go with another jet.
E-flite 15-25 retracts bolt right in and TamJets has struts for them designed for the Sniper. No mods there! Servos for the elevators are a chore, and I had to reinforce the intakes as they caved in at high power. Also the fuse needs to be reinforced where the vertical stab connects or the stab will be wobbly. The high-power guys, (10S) added glass to the wing joint as well. It's a long build, but it's a great flying sport jet, flies like it's on a rail.
Old Today, 10:09 AM
Multi RC Aircraft User!!
Joined Apr 2007
644 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'll be thinking about this one. I have those retracts so that will be helpful. I've been reading through the thread for the past few days. Doesn't look like anything I can't handle. Did you servos, for the elevator? I thought it only used one?
Old Today, 10:20 AM
Formerly "Heli Copter"
Joined Apr 2009
488 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the info, I'll be thinking about this one. I have those retracts so that will be helpful. I've been reading through the thread for the past few days. Doesn't look like anything I can't handle. Did you servos, for the elevator? I thought it only used one?
Due to the angle of the elevator's leading edge, one servo would be difficult.