HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2014, 02:47 PM
r46
huggin dat apex!
United Kingdom, London
Joined May 2005
249 Posts
The guys at gogolaps have worked magic an graced us with
The ASF receiver for the Atomic AMZ car!

http://www.technicalrp.es/catalog/go...z-p-44228.html

getting one very soon
r46 is online now Find More Posts by r46
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2014, 02:57 PM
r46
huggin dat apex!
United Kingdom, London
Joined May 2005
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SporadicIdiocy View Post
Do you happen to know what version of the Hobbywing program card will work with the ESC? I have the old V1.2 card and want to know if it's compatible.
plug it in an see if reads board, only the led card works lcd box a no go so I had to buy atomic card
Old Mar 28, 2014, 05:59 PM
Sakura S n00b
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
391 Posts
Ooh, that's only a receiver right? I only have the kt 18 for ASF so I think I'll use my MT4 with the RX461 instead of getting that ASF board. If possible I may even use the turnigy trackstar ESC so I don't have to desolder the original board.
SporadicIdiocy is online now Find More Posts by SporadicIdiocy
Old Mar 29, 2014, 01:53 AM
r46
huggin dat apex!
United Kingdom, London
Joined May 2005
249 Posts
my kt18 just sitting in box as use ko with z module, if my esc fails then i'll drop in my mamba or ezrun 18a
Old Apr 05, 2014, 07:50 PM
r46
huggin dat apex!
United Kingdom, London
Joined May 2005
249 Posts
Just slapped some colour on body quick job

Old Apr 06, 2014, 07:06 PM
Sakura S n00b
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
391 Posts
Nice, I like that bright orange.
I'm still waiting for my batteries to arrive, hopefully they will arrive in the coming week. It's unbearable when you have the car in your hands and you can't run it.. lol
Old Apr 09, 2014, 09:40 PM
Sakura S n00b
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
391 Posts
Finally got the batteries. I seem to have got a dud, on the Rx at least, I only have 2 ft of range at most... Oh well I have my trackstar 18a and flysky Rx on hand so I'll do the swap and see how it goes.
Old Apr 09, 2014, 09:42 PM
Putrajaya Malaysia
Joined Feb 2004
34 Posts
Good morning,

My name is Meor Shazilli from Putrajaya, Malaysia. We have a group of AMZ enthusiasts in Kuala Lumpur. Below is a photo of our track located at Summit USJ, Kuala Lumpur. It is the biggest 1/27 scale track in Malaysia.
memosha is offline Find More Posts by memosha
Old Apr 13, 2014, 07:17 AM
r46
huggin dat apex!
United Kingdom, London
Joined May 2005
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by memosha View Post
Good morning,

My name is Meor Shazilli from Putrajaya, Malaysia. We have a group of AMZ enthusiasts in Kuala Lumpur. Below is a photo of our track located at Summit USJ, Kuala Lumpur. It is the biggest 1/27 scale track in Malaysia.
thats a lovely track layout!!
does your amz's roll when pushed hard into corners? mine does but believe it to be due too tyres being to grippy
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM
Sakura S n00b
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
391 Posts
Hmm after some test fitting I have decided it's best to only desolder the Rx board and solder on a Futaba/JR plug to use the Flysky Rx . Using the 18A ESC would mean lots of shortening of wires and removal of the casing and heatsink, even then it will be a tight fit under the body.

From this youtube vid I think the terminals are -/+/signal if viewing from the front of the ESC. Just want to verify that before I begin.

MiniZ Channel - 226 - Cómo instalar receptor KO Propo ASF en un AMZ (11 min 16 sec)

In the mean time I've modified the Flysky Rx so I can plug in both Ch1 and 2 sideways to minimize height.

Edit: So... after reading a bit more about the terminals elsewhere. Figured out both the ESC terminals and which color the JR style signal lead is.. I went ahead with the swap.

here's the result:

Modified Atomic AMZ with Flysky Rx. (0 min 25 sec)

Still waiting for my micro molex to JR adapter and another micro servo to come in so I can test whether the stock servo was jerky because of the Rx or it is junk to begin with.
Last edited by SporadicIdiocy; Yesterday at 11:58 PM.