HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 10, 2013, 01:10 PM
Joined May 2013
2 Posts
Help!
Trying to find out what this plane is...

First of all, I'm sorry for having to do this, usually I can rely on Google for most of my needs!

I have come into possession of this plane, I just have no idea what it is. From searching, to me it looks like it could be a P-63 King Cobra, but I am no expert by any means and am hoping that you guys are going to know!

The only markings on the plane I can find are on the underside of the tail wing, and it states 'OK MODEL COMPANY LTD, 1991'. I did a search for the OK company and apparently also EZ and Pilot but couldn't find anything close.

I am so sorry for the picture quality, this is the only camera I have access to at the moment! If these pictures are too awful (quite possibly), I will get a better camera and get better pictures!

Thanks in advance for any help anyone gives!
RenwickCustomer is offline Find More Posts by RenwickCustomer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2013, 01:23 PM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
San Diego, California, United States
Joined Apr 2000
1,396 Posts
Its a P-39. OK Model was the parent company if I recall with EZ being the brand their ARFs were marketed under and Pilot were the kits. Pilot kits were really nice and today are well sought after if New In the Box. I don't recall ever seeing a P-39 kit and the underside of your wing looks very much like an EZ ARF.

Mike
CryHavoc is offline Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Old May 10, 2013, 01:38 PM
Joined May 2013
2 Posts
Thanks Mike, you've been extremely helpful!

I'm assuming as it's been built and an ARF that it's probably not going to be worth that much? It needs a clean and probably a new engine and a couple of other parts but it seems like the structural integrity is good. Are we talking less than 100/$150? (If you have any idea).
RenwickCustomer is offline Find More Posts by RenwickCustomer
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:31 AM
United States, KY, Hardin
Joined Nov 2007
11 Posts
I have one of these without the retractable landing gear. I found a vintage kit rating site where this kit was now valued at about $250.00 US.
billrad1 is offline Find More Posts by billrad1