to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2014, 05:05 PM
OY-5542
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Silkeborg
Joined Nov 2009
677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilefchin View Post
Hi Everyone specially Jack. I don't mean to hijack the thread but i know you guys here know better. Is it possible andeasy to re string the Hirobo parasport to have a control like brakes and mixing for turning? I currently have it as a weight shift turn.

Thanks
Archie felix
H Xilefchin!!

I don't think you necesarily need to re-string the entire parafoil as such, but "only" have to attach brakelines to the trailing-edge. The brakelines would need to distribute the load equally on the trailing-edge (I beleive that there are programs for calculating the different lenghts of the risers).
I imagine, that the original risers gives the parafoil an adequate angle of attack already and that once the brakelines are ready, the original risers would simply have to be attached to fix points instead of the weightshifting setup (though it could be interesting to keep the weightshifting feature even with the brakes... Fullscale Paraglider pilots use both weightshift and brakes).

Happy landings :-)
Chrizz is online now Find More Posts by Chrizz
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Chrizz; Mar 07, 2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old Mar 06, 2014, 10:54 PM
Joined Feb 2007
184 Posts
Archie

This is the right forum but...

I am a consumer of RC Parawings. I've bought $$$ and flown a handful of different wings. My biggest accomplishment regarding lines and rigging has been when I had to restring a single cut line on my Spiral 1.2R.

Chrizz, Ludo, and PapaD and others here have more experience than I re-stringing or rigging wings. I will agree with them about likely the only lines to be changed could be the rear brake lines.

I do like the original Sky Surfer weight shift and the adjustable AOA. That simple wing design has keep me flying for years, very stable, and still able to handle higher wind speeds.

I like the Opale OXY design but rigged as is they are very slow flyers with no AOA type adjustment to get better wind penetration.

I would like AOA adjustment to get better speed when needed. Ludo has a new setup for changing the AOA on a mono skin wing. I am looking forward to seeing how well his latest idea works. I'll also be watching to see how your re-string works.

Jack Z.

Quote:
Hi Everyone specially Jack. I don't mean to hijack the thread but i know you guys here know better. Is it possible andeasy to re string the Hirobo parasport to have a control like brakes and mixing for turning? I currently have it as a weight shift turn.

Thanks
Archie felix
videokahuna is offline Find More Posts by videokahuna
Old Mar 07, 2014, 12:51 PM
Joined Jan 2013
121 Posts
he PVC part to accelerate the wing is provided for a double wing skin.
By cons I realize a single skin of a new genre that should have a larger range of wind. Hopefully good results ..
Ludovic 56 is online now Find More Posts by Ludovic 56
Old Mar 08, 2014, 05:09 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2009
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrizz View Post
H Xilefchin!!

I don't think you necesarily need to re-string the entire parafoil as such, but "only" have to attach brakelines to the trailing-edge. The brakelines would need to distribute the load equally on the trailing-edge (I beleive that there are programs for calculating the different lenghts of the risers).
I imagine, that the original risers gives the parafoil an adequate angle of attack already and that once the brakelines are ready, the original risers would simply have to be attached to fix points instead of the weightshifting setup (though it could be interesting to keep the weightshifting feature even with the brakes... Fullscale Paraglider pilots use both weightshift and brakes).

Happy landings :-)
First of all thanks for the input i appreciated it all guys, good thing to know that i can just add break lines on it instead of re stringing the whole setup. I will post update if any progress on it.

Jack,
I wanna meet up with u one of these days and fly at the beach if that is ok with you. never tried it on a high wind yet. I live in santee so it's not that far to meet u up.

Archie
Xilefchin is offline Find More Posts by Xilefchin
Old Mar 08, 2014, 05:10 AM
Joined Jan 2013
121 Posts
To shorten the row of A without damaging your wing! A hanger as set each row of A. Oxy tolerate a little Pulling the A and the flight becomes more fluid, this has been found by users who have this wing. Whether likes it or not the manufacturer, people do what they want with their property .
Use a thin bead to start
Ludo

Old Mar 08, 2014, 10:36 AM
OY-5542
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Silkeborg
Joined Nov 2009
677 Posts
Quote:
... and fly at the beach ...
Archie
... yeah, just make us others jalous... Beach, who needs a beautiful beach and warm weather!! :-P
Chrizz is online now Find More Posts by Chrizz
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Oxy 0.5
Old Mar 08, 2014, 11:04 AM
Joined Feb 2007
184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludovic 56 View Post
To shorten the row of A without damaging your wing! A hanger as set each row of A. Oxy tolerate a little Pulling the A and the flight becomes more fluid, this has been found by users who have this wing. Whether likes it or not the manufacturer, people do what they want with their property .
Use a thin bead to start
Ludo

Ludo

Like this simple idea to temporarily shorten the lines slightly. I might attempt this some evening. Thanks for the tips, I always enjoy watching you latest updates and new creations. I will keep watching.

Jack Z.
Old Mar 08, 2014, 11:34 AM
Joined Feb 2007
184 Posts
Archie

I tried to email you via RC Groups did you see that? I've got some extra/spare wings if you are interested. When you get your RC para-motor back flying we can make some plans to meetup at the beach or Fiesta Island. I browsed and saw you also have some RC buggies could be fun to see zooming around Fiesta.

Just chatted with a local friend he has a Parachute Sky MOD and we are planning to get out to fly that hour or so before sunset this evening. Hopefully any Santa Ana winds that start up will drop off before the sunset.

I think it would be neat to see a handful or RC para-motors cruising around in the morning or sunset sky.

Jack Z
Now waiting for sunset.

Quote:
Jack,
I wanna meet up with u one of these days and fly at the beach if that is ok with you. never tried it on a high wind yet. I live in santee so it's not that far to meet u up.

Archie
Old Mar 08, 2014, 01:18 PM
Joined Jan 2013
121 Posts
I did not get the message by rc group Here is my email. 56ludovic56@orange.fr

I use a translator
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:54 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2009
41 Posts
Jack,

I didn't get the email, well i had the paramotor flying now i borrowed my brothers Hirobo parafoil from the philippines lol... But with the shift weight turn design though. I didn't check the forum that night and im available to fly.

I will be flying tommorow at seaworld drive to maiden my scale UH-1N helicopter i will bring the paraglider to test it on windy condition as well.

I will send you my cellphone # via PM and get yours aswell so we can easily get in touch if thats fine with you.
Xilefchin is offline Find More Posts by Xilefchin