HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 03:26 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosLeq View Post
Exactly. That's the idea.
Normally I will begin my flight into the wing and I need I gain altitude. In the way back just maintain or loose.

I will try first taking the CG to the back part of the spar... This will mean a higher stall speed??
Only a slightly higher stall speed, but if you don't hold in elevator it will recover from stall faster with cg further back. It just flies better all round

Also I use airspeed sensor and set min airspeed of 40km/h. I'm fairly sure the osd uses this speed and drops nose accordingly.
NutBag is offline Find More Posts by NutBag
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 04:02 AM
Colombia, Bolivar, Cartagena
Joined Nov 2012
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBag View Post
Only a slightly higher stall speed, but if you don't hold in elevator it will recover from stall faster with cg further back. It just flies better all round

Also I use airspeed sensor and set min airspeed of 40km/h. I'm fairly sure the osd uses this speed and drops nose accordingly.

Rvosd with min airspeed?
Has Alex implement the speed control on the 5.1 version already?
A month ago it was beta on the 6 version I think...
Hope your answer is yes....
CarlosLeq is online now Find More Posts by CarlosLeq
Old Today, 05:25 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,782 Posts
Sorry... Was thinking of Cruise speed, I just checked and its set to 45km/h.
Not 100% sure it makes a difference but in pos hold without motor it holds 45km/h near perfectly while slowly descending.
I've never had it stall under rv control anyway.

Its my EagleTrees that have a min setting.
NutBag is offline Find More Posts by NutBag
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 07:50 AM
Joined Nov 2012
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBag View Post
Sorry... Was thinking of Cruise speed, I just checked and its set to 45km/h.
Not 100% sure it makes a difference but in pos hold without motor it holds 45km/h near perfectly while slowly descending.
I've never had it stall under rv control anyway.

Its my EagleTrees that have a min setting.

I will activate it.
Even if not working, jejeje
Nothing to lose.

Thank.
Old Today, 08:09 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Mar 2013
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowbreaker View Post
I had a hard time getting this plane off the ground with a 3s 4400mah. I plan on making it 4s 3700mah in the near future. This plane flies great, just need to reduce weight as it is really hard to throw and take off

Are you using the stock motor? My phantom take off like a rocket with a x2814 1200kv with that battery and and fully laminate all fpv gear on it
PICHUETE13 is offline Find More Posts by PICHUETE13
Old Today, 08:31 AM
Joined Nov 2012
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PICHUETE13 View Post
Are you using the stock motor? My phantom take off like a rocket with a x2814 1200kv with that battery and and fully laminate all fpv gear on it

This is true.
I'm flying with 8000 mAh in 3S and it's easy to launch. It almost go out from the hand itself