HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:18 PM
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
USA, FL, Boca Raton
Joined Feb 2001
819 Posts
Trader Rating: 101
Is there a way that the mods can track the original adds before they get deleted or like in this case check out the original pictures that were posted before the pictures were deleted? so there can be no bait and switch , which appears to be the case here.
bushpilotx1 is offline Find More Posts by bushpilotx1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:41 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,407 Posts
Trader Rating: 379
Sorry to hear of your challenge.

Yes, there is one of many ways and does not require a mod.
I like to use the Snipping tool when using Vista or 7, included with OS, on nearly all transactions.
Screen capture for older OS's.

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:52 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,319 Posts
Trader Rating: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcstalls View Post
Sorry to hear of your challenge.

Yes, there is one of many ways and does not require a mod.
I like to use the Snipping tool when using Vista or 7, included with OS, on nearly all transactions.
Screen capture for older OS's.

Jared
Yep.... Screenshots are highly advised. I had a seller some time ago that edited his ad after I complained about his wording and representation. It was pretty obvious he was a liar, he knew i had him dead to rights and he did everything he could to cover his tracks. Protect yourself whenever possible.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:26 PM
Hey watch this!
United States, IA
Joined Jun 2011
2,128 Posts
Trader Rating: 41
I take snips and screenshots at the time of purchase.... just for my own records..But then again being OCD and bipolar... makes one do those sorts of things...
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:35 AM
United States, NY
Joined Sep 2005
177 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
This thread was brought to my attention so I have to reply.

I know the seller and have bought several planes & other items from him as have most of the people I know locally. IMO there is no way he would sell any duds. He doesn't keep anything long enough too. He buys something, uses it for 3-5 months and sell it to get the next latest & greatest.

I also know that he has been dealing with some very serious family health issues and is out of the state(or the country) not sure which.

So the OP gets a damaged box then accuses the seller of selling damaged stuff then comes on here starts a thread bashing him and leaves him negative feedback saying "he sent you damaged batteries"? REALLY??? Just looking to get the facts straight.

I have some questions for the OP.

You say you are a "sponsored pilot". Who are you sponsored by? What company?

I fly with several sponsored pilots and they hold themselves to a higher standard then an "average" modeler(and the companies expects them too). I do not see that from you in your mail to the seller or the people on this thread. So just interested to know how the company feels about your way of handling this.

You complain about his shipping. How much did you pay him for shipping or insurance? I see from your pics posted, that he shipped it Priority. Not parcel post, not UPS ground.

You say you were excited like a kid on christmas morning to open a crushed box of used batteries? REALLY??

In your "35 years" in this hobby have you never received a damaged box? You never thought "the stuff might be damaged?" Instead you accuse the seller of sending you "puffed & tacoed" batteries that came in a crushed box? REALLY?

I saw 1(ONE) damaged battery. Yet you demand him to send you 100% refund PLUS shipping? REALLY?

WOW, glad I didn't sell you anything. I'll put you on my DO NOT SELL list.

You say your project runs on 12 6S 5000mah packs. You bought 4 from the seller. Are you planning on using different company, & different C rating batteries to make up this 12 batteries for the project? Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me.

I am not attacking you I am just pointing out that a LOT of what you say does not make sense.
transformingfoam is offline Find More Posts by transformingfoam
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:51 AM
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
4,953 Posts
Trader Rating: 121
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformingfoam View Post

You don't have to..you want to.

I also know that he has been dealing with some very serious family health issues and is out of the state(or the country) not sure which. Perhaps, but still has time to sell stuff here?

So the OP gets a damaged box then accuses the seller of selling damaged stuff then comes on here starts a thread bashing him and leaves him negative feedback saying "he sent you damaged batteries"? REALLY??? Just looking to get the facts straight.

I fly with several sponsored pilots and they hold themselves to a higher standard then an "average" modeler(and the companies expects them too). I do not see that from you in your mail to the seller or the people on this thread. So just interested to know how the company feels about your way of handling this.

You complain about his shipping. How much did you pay him for shipping or insurance? I see from your pics posted, that he shipped it Priority. Not parcel post, not UPS ground.

You say you were excited like a kid on christmas morning to open a crushed box of used batteries? REALLY??

In your "35 years" in this hobby have you never received a damaged box? You never thought "the stuff might be damaged?" Instead you accuse the seller of sending you "puffed & tacoed" batteries that came in a crushed box? REALLY?

I saw 1(ONE) damaged battery. Yet you demand him to send you 100% refund PLUS shipping? REALLY?

You say your project runs on 12 6S 5000mah packs. You bought 4 from the seller. Are you planning on using different company, & different C rating batteries to make up this 12 batteries for the project? Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me.

I am not attacking you I am just pointing out that a LOT of what you say does not make sense.

No no, doesn't seem that way at all.
nice.
porcia83 is online now Find More Posts by porcia83
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:52 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Why would someone buy USED LIPOs anyway? Allways buy brand new lipos from a retailer!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:23 PM
Hey watch this!
United States, IA
Joined Jun 2011
2,128 Posts
Lipos are like underwear...... I buy new
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:42 PM
Team Haiyin & Team HeliOption
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
187 Posts
Trader Rating: 78
REALLY?
Mahu is offline Find More Posts by Mahu
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:16 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
You realy have to hate your RC stuff to put a used lipo in it!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:44 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,145 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
Golds, you are wrong.
Koo is online now Find More Posts by Koo
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:52 PM
Joined Jun 2009
4,953 Posts
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
You realy have to hate your RC stuff to put a used lipo in it!
Some of us don't have rich wives to support or habit, or a spare $58.00 for new lipo. I say lipo as that is about all one could buy with 58.00..one lipo.

Plenty of great deals to be had with used. I bought well used Gforce batteris from Ducatimechanic 2 years ago, and they are still going strong.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:58 PM
Hey watch this!
United States, IA
Joined Jun 2011
2,128 Posts
geesh fellas, was a joke.. thread has run its course.. was time for a laugh.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:11 PM
Joined Jun 2009
4,953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
geesh fellas, was a joke.. thread has run its course.. was time for a laugh.
it was o/k at 7:30 for underwear jokes?

C'mon...we're 'avin a laugh
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:36 AM
Pain? I know pain!
Weldon Spring, Missouri
Joined Mar 2005
1,517 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformingfoam View Post

Ah..a night in shinning armor

I know the seller and have bought several planes & other items from him as have most of the people I know locally. IMO there is no way he would sell any duds. He doesn't keep anything long enough too. He buys something, uses it for 3-5 months and sell it to get the next latest & greatest.

I also know that he has been dealing with some very serious family health issues and is out of the state(or the country) not sure which.

They showed up damaged so yes, he sold me damaged batteries. He has had 11 days to reply to me now and nothing still.

Why does that matter and what does it have to do with this? Sponsored pilots are supposed to be OK with being cheated out of their hard earned cash? Sit idly by and not say anything? Being sponsored means to promote products, the hobby and encourage modelers. Nothing in any team literature has said to not stand up for your self.

I paid his asking price for the batteries to be shipped to me. Was I supposed to offer more to get undamaged and balanced batteries? Special handling for batteries I could use? Where were you when I made the deal because had I known I had to pay extra we could have saved a ton of bandwidth here.....How much extra did you pay to make sure your "several planes and other items" arrived usable? He forgot to add that amount to the bill!!!

REALLY!!

REALLY! Yes I did and whether or not I accused him does that change the fact that he DID send me damaged batteries? This makes it all OK? Spin cycle strikes again. And for the record yes, I have received damaged boxes before and all was safe and sound. The one difference was that they were actually pack for shipping. Who'd have thought? No insurance and not even a single fragile sticker on the outside but you'd blame me for this whole mess. CONVENIENT!

Really! I bought 4 batteries. I needed 4 batteries! He sent me one crushed, 2 out of balance and one that appears OK. So because of his bad product or shipping method I'm supposed to use an odd ball battery or 2? I suppose I should feel lucky that one or 2 are OK? And this is OK with you because of why? I should pay for return shipping why? Because I admit-tingly got upset about receiving $150 of damaged goods I should be held responsible why? You would have been OK with this. Just wrote it of as lesson learned? My turn ---> REALLY??

You sound like someone I don't want to know anyway. You bought a couple things and everything was OK so anyone else must be wrong. You should be a judge with that logic. What was I thinking?

Sounds like you don't have a clue.

Wow, I can't even imagine what it would have been like had you actually tried attacking me. I'm just going to go count my lucky stars. At this point with all the "not attacking" going on makes me think I should just be OK with this junk I was sent......What was I thinking?

I appreciate your input!

Tom
litespeed is offline Find More Posts by litespeed