HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:03 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
4,977 Posts
Searching the web this might be of help Robert.

http://forums.sharethis.com/topic.php?id=116589
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Jul 2008
129 Posts
From the videos I've seen the Zen seems to do a very, very good job at stabilization.

However, it seems like when the cam op actually slews the camera the movements are very abrupt and agressive both in the start and the stop. Has anyone played around with making these movements less abrupt? eg ramping into and out of the slew inputs?

I imagine some of videos I've seen is b/c the z15 has been set up for a single man operation using a simple slider which explains it but I've yet to see a video with smooth slewing of the camera.

The challenge is on

Thanks!
blbills is offline Find More Posts by blbills
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:45 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blbills View Post
From the videos I've seen the Zen seems to do a very, very good job at stabilization.

However, it seems like when the cam op actually slews the camera the movements are very abrupt and agressive both in the start and the stop. Has anyone played around with making these movements less abrupt? eg ramping into and out of the slew inputs?

I imagine some of videos I've seen is b/c the z15 has been set up for a single man operation using a simple slider which explains it but I've yet to see a video with smooth slewing of the camera.

The challenge is on

Thanks!
Schwenks for Michi :) (1 min 13 sec)

Expo helps but it is till rough one with the given firmware, the new one is out already anyways think it handles that, can't install it though since it seems to not like the GH2 version at the moment

FW changes think one of there might be addressing it:

 Optimize the pan control in Orientation-locked Mode, to make pan control much more accurate and stable.
 Fix the roll control in Orientation-locked Mode. Roll is locked level in range of 0~2/3 command stick. Command stick stands for roll
rotation velocity in range of 2/3~endpoint, the large the command stick movement, the bigger the rotation velocity.
 In Orientation-locked Mode and FPV Mode, cancel the servo driver module self-protection when gimbal is blocked, in order to keep the
gimbal retaining the original status during sharp turn.
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:57 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
I saw this thread yesterday... might be a $15 solution for a $3500 problem.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1722815
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Sep 06, 2012, 04:45 PM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,347 Posts
@MCrites

And how do you connect this with your receiver? The Z15 is possibly rotating all around all axes at unlimited angles. There is no cable to the cam possible.

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Sep 06, 2012, 04:55 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
@MCrites

And how do you connect this with your receiver? The Z15 is possibly rotating all around all axes at unlimited angles. There is no cable to the cam possible.

best regards

Ferdinand
Its an interesting point though and maybe it would be nice to have a feature set that lets you lock it the zenmuse to a certain degrees on all axis, in what ever mode you are in.

If i want to use a HD transmitter at the moment there is no way because of the 360 continuous that can come in the way for example something like this ! http://www.kopterworx.com/vmchk/Coom...D-Wireless-Kit

The question is if it would work with a soft cable and not disturb the balance of the zenmuse ? But it goes into the direction of the question I had before. Ruling the DJI remote was introduced to have HD module I am wondering how it should work with the given configuration of the Z15. Were can i link into the HD signal and keep on using the 360 continuos ?

Boris
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:09 PM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,347 Posts
With the new firmware, this is the case in FPV-mode, and orientation-locked mode. But I think you need to connect the cable after initialization (I am not sure if it still rotates around during init).

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:18 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
821 Posts
I guess it would have been additional costs and complications to bring the HDMI signal all the way up to the GCU and to include the HDMI converter their, resulting in a HDMI output on the GCU additional to the converted normal video signal. BUt that would have been cool and opened the possibilities for HDMI transmitter with the full 360 of the zen.

Boris
Old Sep 06, 2012, 06:09 PM
Joined Jul 2008
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
https://vimeo.com/48837673

Expo helps but it is till rough one with the given firmware, the new one is out already anyways think it handles that, can't install it though since it seems to not like the GH2 version at the moment

FW changes think one of there might be addressing it:

 Optimize the pan control in Orientation-locked Mode, to make pan control much more accurate and stable.
 Fix the roll control in Orientation-locked Mode. Roll is locked level in range of 0~2/3 command stick. Command stick stands for roll
rotation velocity in range of 2/3~endpoint, the large the command stick movement, the bigger the rotation velocity.
 In Orientation-locked Mode and FPV Mode, cancel the servo driver module self-protection when gimbal is blocked, in order to keep the
gimbal retaining the original status during sharp turn.
Very nice Boris! That's what I'm talking about!!!
blbills is offline Find More Posts by blbills
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:16 PM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
While the crispy picture from the GH2 is amazing I just cannot get over the 30 frames. I almost cannot watch a Youtube video anymore in 30 frames progressive. When there is fast motion or panning it sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm dying to find the first retailer though that opens the pre-order for the GH3 which is said to be more on the pro-sumer level with some AMAZING new features for a sub $3000 camera.

Some details here:
http://www.eoshd.com/content/8922/gh...ium-alloy-body

One cool feature to note on the GH3
WiFi with remote control through iOS and Android Applications
Hopefully it's the same weight and body so we don't have to change much on the Z15
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:32 PM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
Quote:
While the crispy picture from the GH2 is amazing I just cannot get over the 30 frames. I almost cannot watch a Youtube video anymore in 30 frames progressive. When there is fast motion or panning it sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm dying to find the first retailer though that opens the pre-order for the GH3 which is said to be more on the pro-sumer level with some AMAZING new features for a sub $3000 camera.

Some details here:
http://www.eoshd.com/content/8922/gh...ium-alloy-body

You should be able to get 720p @ 60fps
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:16 AM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
398 Posts
Quote:
While the crispy picture from the GH2 is amazing I just cannot get over the 30 frames. I almost cannot watch a Youtube video anymore in 30 frames progressive. When there is fast motion or panning it sticks out like a sore thumb. .....

That's Youtube compression causing the jerking - watch how smooth a Bluray movie is and that's 24P. The GH2 produces a pretty good video picture out of the camera.

Yes, the wifi could be useful - it's also a feature of the NEX-5R
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:33 AM
Joined Sep 2011
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
I saw this thread yesterday... might be a $15 solution for a $3500 problem.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1722815
Whilst this is useful it's not new - I have a Gentle LED which does the same on my NEXs and one for the panasonic TM900 which does zoom and stop/start.

http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:39 AM
Joined Sep 2011
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
@MCrites

best regards

Ferdinand
You could set the LED on the airframe and return the camera gimbal to a position where it can "see" the LED when you wanted to stop/start the video. (yeah - very clunky, but I don't see DJI's approach to camera control as particularly lacking. - it's only a minor hardship to D/L and trim the 10-15 minute clips and firing the stills shutter on command might be better than the 1 FPS burst mode as watching the EVF image during 1 FPS operation will send you blind.)
Old Sep 07, 2012, 02:51 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwkeeper View Post
Hopefully it's the same weight and body so we don't have to change much on the Z15

No It isn't. The GH3 is bigger and heavier, it is built like a tank! Panasonic clearly wants to give you a “DSLR feeling” going away from the “smaller is better” philosophy.

That sucks!
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo