HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:48 AM
I'd rather be flying
baddb1's Avatar
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post

Interestingly enough there was not one word about the unauthorized 'test my account' charges. I wont do business with ANY outfit that cannot be on amazon.com, as their business practices dont equal the standards I mush have. And T-mart/techNtoys happily completed my order, yea 5 bucks more(and 3 batteries less) HOWEVER they didnt try to root me... and the bits ordered are already in america... as it should be. Perhaps you aussies/europeans are treated better by the lot at banggood, I got nothing but indigestion from them.
Banggood wont bang me good
On the flip side I have had great luck with Banggood. I just received my F46 from them in 10 days with free shipping. I always use Paypal with them though and that way any pre-authorize checks are not directly affecting my bank account. Come to think of it, even when getting gas I always notice a $1 pre-authorize check on my credit card but it only stays there a day or so until the actual gas charge shows up. From what I see it is very common for a lot of companies to do this pre-authorized check first.
baddb1 is offline Find More Posts by baddb1
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:53 AM
I'd rather be flying
baddb1's Avatar
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
I don't deal with Banggood and I never will I always buy mine with either directly from the supplier online shop or from AliExpress or eBay.
So you've had good luck with Aliexpress? I read somewhere in another thread about all the problems they were giving someone. I was hoping to try them....
Ebay has almost always been good to me. In the 14 years or so I have been on Ebay, I have had only a few problems buying items.
baddb1 is offline Find More Posts by baddb1
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:54 AM
Scotsman in Germany
tiggertoo1962's Avatar
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
I don't deal with Banggood and I never will I always buy mine with either directly from the supplier online shop or from AliExpress or eBay.
Hmmm, maybe I've just been lucky so far, but I've now placed about a dozen orders with BG for V911s and various bits and bobs and never had a problem yet. Decided to take the chance originally as these little helis are soooo cheap in the bnf version that if any should arrive with a defect, it's still great value as a parts bin.

Now waiting on a bunch of spares for my F45 so we'll see how that goes, but as long as things stay the way they have been til now I'll keep using them for all my parts, except the tail motors as the price for that is waaaaayyy OTT. Just my 2 cents worth...
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:02 AM
Eternal beginner
Rollmops67's Avatar
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
I don't deal with Banggood and I never will I always buy mine with either directly from the supplier online shop or from AliExpress or eBay.
I'm not for or against banggood, but so far I placed 30 orders there since june 2012.
OK, you know you have to wait for your parts (it takes between 10 days and a month to France), but I never had a problem (once it took two months, but the parcel was stuck at french customs for one month, but I never had to pay custom taxes ).
Each time when a part is not in stock they send me an email to ask if I want to be refunded or wait for the part.
One time I received a Rx PCB that didn't bind, they just asked for a video of the problem, and sent me another board.

My conclusion is : if you are willing to wait, banggood is not a bad solution.

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:34 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
339 Posts
More of the same from Banggood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
and my bits will be here in days NOT WEEKS, and it was free shipping too. JUST SAY NO TO BANGGOOD
'and they wondered why i went with amazon.com' can you say BUYER PROTECTION
Dear friend,

Thanks for your email.

Our professional guy is checking out for you now and would appreciate if you could send a screenshot for our reference. By the way, we just cancelled your those two pending orders as your requirement.

Really appreciate your cooperation and hope hear from you soon.

Best regards

Ring

(and my reply)
Please to remove me from your system. I already stated ALL THE FACTS. You hide truth behind 'send a screenshot for our reference'. I already stated screenshots are not available. (how do I screenshot phone call?) Therefore YOU are without honour, and I dont do business with dishonourable company.
No futher communications will be acceptable. No wonder you are not listed with amazon.com

DELETE MY ACCOUNT!
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:50 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
339 Posts
I noticed many positive reviews were AU/European based... and few American...
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Last edited by BobTopofTheWorld; Jan 23, 2013 at 11:42 PM. Reason: You have received a new private message at RC Groups from RC Groups, entitled "Please edit your post".
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:17 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
So you've had good luck with Aliexpress? I read somewhere in another thread about all the problems they were giving someone. I was hoping to try them....
Ebay has almost always been good to me. In the 14 years or so I have been on Ebay, I have had only a few problems buying items.
Yes I have all of my orders take 5-10 days tops and they keep the money until I receive the goods and then I give my feedback for the seller and then the seller is paid, but only if I am happy with the seller and the postage and the goods.
Also the seller has a time limit to send the goods and a limit for me to receive the goods or the transaction is cancelled and I get my money back or I can contact them and give the seller more time etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Hmmm, maybe I've just been lucky so far, but I've now placed about a dozen orders with BG for V911s and various bits and bobs and never had a problem yet. Decided to take the chance originally as these little helis are soooo cheap in the bnf version that if any should arrive with a defect, it's still great value as a parts bin.

Now waiting on a bunch of spares for my F45 so we'll see how that goes, but as long as things stay the way they have been til now I'll keep using them for all my parts, except the tail motors as the price for that is waaaaayyy OTT. Just my 2 € cents worth...
I think it also depends on globally where you are in the world and the cost of shipping with AliExpress all my orders are sent to me with free EMS shipping.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
I'm not for or against banggood, but so far I placed 30 orders there since june 2012.
OK, you know you have to wait for your parts (it takes between 10 days and a month to France), but I never had a problem (once it took two months, but the parcel was stuck at french customs for one month, but I never had to pay custom taxes ).
Each time when a part is not in stock they send me an email to ask if I want to be refunded or wait for the part.
One time I received a Rx PCB that didn't bind, they just asked for a video of the problem, and sent me another board.

My conclusion is : if you are willing to wait, banggood is not a bad solution.

Roland
And I respect your opinion of Banggood I wasn't bagging them I just don't deal with them nor do I have any intention of doing so in the future.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:20 AM
Registered User
War Horse's Avatar
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Bob, dealing with the Chinese is a different matter then what most of us consider good business manors. They dont look at things the way we do and have a very cold, distant attitude towards others, even within their own society (or their own kind).

Google "dealing with the Chinese" its a real eye opener.

I understand your take on this Banggood thing, as I have had some bad dealings with some other Chinese vendors. But as is true in any society you will have shady people to contend with, heck, we even have a few dirt bags here in the good ol USA

Sometimes its just a lesson learned, and there are some really good vendors over there. I mostly stay with HK and endure the wait, at least they are honest and have great customer support.

I am also on a disability budget, so I understand what your going through and dealing with crooks is not acceptable.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:28 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
339 Posts
First debit card I ever had was a month ago, first paypal account was a week ago. First amazon/ebay account too... I never heard of such a thing as 'testing my account', I wonder how many retailers would accept me 'testing their product' for a day/week without their authorization? (sounds like theft huh)
Coat it with sugar, paint it a different colour... its STILL an unauthorized charge, and therefore illegal.
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:32 AM
I'd rather be flying
baddb1's Avatar
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post

But as is true in any society you will have shady people to contend with, heck, we even have a few dirt bags here in the good ol USA
Hmm are you talking about Banana Hobby for one? They are terrible!
baddb1 is offline Find More Posts by baddb1
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:35 AM
I'd rather be flying
baddb1's Avatar
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
First debit card I ever had was a month ago, first paypal account was a week ago. First amazon/ebay account too... I never heard of such a thing as 'testing my account', I wonder how many retailers would accept me 'testing their product' for a day/week without their authorization? (sounds like theft huh)
Coat it with sugar, paint it a different colour... its STILL an unauthorized charge, and therefore illegal.
Quite normal transaction to do that. BUT, on a debit card I can see it being a problem as it comes directly out of your bank account, unlike a credit card where, when I get my bill, that $1 charge is never there, just the actual cost of the service or product....
baddb1 is offline Find More Posts by baddb1
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:39 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
First debit card I ever had was a month ago, first paypal account was a week ago. First amazon/ebay account too... I never heard of such a thing as 'testing my account', I wonder how many retailers would accept me 'testing their product' for a day/week without their authorization? (sounds like theft huh)
Coat it with sugar, paint it a different colour... its STILL an unauthorized charge, and therefore illegal.
Yep I know what it's like I too am on a disability pension and I have been on it since 1996 and every penny is valuable, but this is a common practice these days by allot of vendors, banks, eBay etc.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:08 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Also here in Australia we get allot less for our dollar than you do in the US as an example we pay $1.80 au for 1 liter of petrol which is $2.00 us where you pay that for a gallon of petrol as far as I know, correct me if I am wrong.

Also heli's etc are cheaper in the US then here as well and not to mention the cost of postage for us if we buy anything in the US for example I wanted to buy a heli and it was in the US the cost of it was $49.00 us and the postage was $165.00 us which is an outrages amount to have to pay.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:09 AM
Registered User
ckangaroo70's Avatar
Central Illinois
Joined Aug 2003
76 Posts
I ordered a couple heat sinks for my F45. One for the main motor and one for the tail. I have read through alot of post and watched a few videos on the subject. Those folks who have installed them seem to mostly say that they help, but never really heard or read where anyone said exactly how much they help? Do the heat sinks double motor life or even extend it all, or is it more just a matter of the engine running a bit cooler and getting some extended flight time? I realize that no two motors are going to get the same wear and tear or for that matter I would imagine even the stock motor quality would vary among these. Was just kind of curious as to to how much my little upgrade will actually help? I am sure a brushless upgrade is going to happen sometime in the future, but I have a stock motor to burn up yet and a spare stock motor to burn up as well.
ckangaroo70 is offline Find More Posts by ckangaroo70
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:22 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckangaroo70 View Post
I ordered a couple heat sinks for my F45. One for the main motor and one for the tail. I have read through alot of post and watched a few videos on the subject. Those folks who have installed them seem to mostly say that they help, but never really heard or read where anyone said exactly how much they help? Do the heat sinks double motor life or even extend it all, or is it more just a matter of the engine running a bit cooler and getting some extended flight time? I realize that no two motors are going to get the same wear and tear or for that matter I would imagine even the stock motor quality would vary among these. Was just kind of curious as to to how much my little upgrade will actually help? I am sure a brushless upgrade is going to happen sometime in the future, but I have a stock motor to burn up yet and a spare stock motor to burn up as well.
It will help with the motor running cooler which will extend the life of the motor to a degree, but what allot of people on this and many other forums forget is that the motor will heat up mainly due to the current drawn through the tiny thin wire that comes from the board to the motor.
If you change the wire from core wire to solid copper wire it will greatly reduce the heat in the motor as well, and far more than putting on a heat sink.
Because the solid wire can take allot more current so it reduces the heat to virtually nothing being sent to the motor by the wire itself as this is where most of the heat comes from that heats up the motor.

It will also reduce the heat in the PCB as well.

Wire acts like a hose the thicker the hose the more current can pass through it and allot less friction so allot less heat, the smaller the hose allot less current allot more friction allot more heat even before it gets to the motor.

An easy check for this is to start up your heli and hold the wires going to the motor, they will get hot way before the motor gets hot.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Last edited by Whizgig; Jan 23, 2013 at 08:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion On self stabilising single-rotor helis (FP/CP) and comparison to quadcopters and coax LMF5000 Electric Heli Talk 10 Apr 13, 2014 02:59 PM
Discussion UAV systems Single Rotor vs Multi Rotor iskoos UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Jan 06, 2012 10:51 PM
Question Upgrading from Co-Axial to FP Single Rotor Judo JoNny Electric Heli Talk 57 Sep 20, 2010 12:10 PM
Discussion Best FP single rotor 4 CH Heli? helinewbie617 Micro Helis 76 Oct 31, 2009 07:16 PM
For Sale will trade my orbiter coaxial for a fp or cp single rotor heli micro heli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2007 01:36 PM