HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 12, 2014, 06:33 AM
Spark Time
Planekiller1's Avatar
United States, TX, Katy
Joined Mar 2013
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg86300 View Post
Update your chargers to 5.91, and download the newest ECDS program. Need the newest on both. Or you need the ECDS software that goes with your current FW. (Easier to just get the most recent updates.

If you can't update the FW you are likely missing the sil labs driver.
What is the link for the silver labs driver and not plugged into power... On laptop...
After this works I'm going to setup a sweet box with it all in it...
Thx.
Kurt
Planekiller1 is offline Find More Posts by Planekiller1
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Planekiller1; Apr 12, 2014 at 06:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:44 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2008
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planekiller1 View Post
What is the link for the silver labs driver and not plugged into power... On laptop...
After this works I'm going to setup a sweet box with it all in it...
Thx.
Kurt
Read these before doing anything:
http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-...reyoustart.htm
http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-...rechargers.htm

Those links lead to sections of the ECDS software manual found here:
http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-man/

Be weary of the links to software and firmware in the manual, manual isn't completely up to date, and a lot of links will lead to old stuff.

This page has the link for the USB adapter drivers. Follow the instructions to make it easy.

http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/prgusb-drv.htm

It says to not connect the adapter (separate device for the "series 2" chargers like I have) or the charger (newer models with the adapter built in) to the computer/laptop, what ever you're using for updating until you install the driver. Just disconnecting the charger should get rid of the device in the device manager, but you may have to delete it.

Should be good to go for installing the driver after that.

Here is the link for the software and firmware landing page. This page is current, and the links lead to the most recent software and firmware.

http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/

Although they are out of date, be sure to read all the manuals for FW updates and what not, the info still applies, and it's a good refresher. From that landing page, as far as I can tell, all the software, guides, and charger manuals are the most current available, although not fully up to date.

If your going to connect both chargers to the ECDS, be absolutely sure to read and follow this http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-...rechargers.htm.

Steve
Iceberg86300 is online now Find More Posts by Iceberg86300
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2014, 06:09 PM
Spark Time
Planekiller1's Avatar
United States, TX, Katy
Joined Mar 2013
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg86300 View Post
Read these before doing anything:
http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-...reyoustart.htm
http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-...rechargers.htm

Those links lead to sections of the ECDS software manual found here:
http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-man/

Be weary of the links to software and firmware in the manual, manual isn't completely up to date, and a lot of links will lead to old stuff.

This page has the link for the USB adapter drivers. Follow the instructions to make it easy.

http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/prgusb-drv.htm

It says to not connect the adapter (separate device for the "series 2" chargers like I have) or the charger (newer models with the adapter built in) to the computer/laptop, what ever you're using for updating until you install the driver. Just disconnecting the charger should get rid of the device in the device manager, but you may have to delete it.

Should be good to go for installing the driver after that.

Here is the link for the software and firmware landing page. This page is current, and the links lead to the most recent software and firmware.

http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/

Although they are out of date, be sure to read all the manuals for FW updates and what not, the info still applies, and it's a good refresher. From that landing page, as far as I can tell, all the software, guides, and charger manuals are the most current available, although not fully up to date.

If your going to connect both chargers to the ECDS, be absolutely sure to read and follow this http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-...rechargers.htm.

Steve
Thx. Downloaded the driver I'll give it a go in a minute...
Planekiller1 is offline Find More Posts by Planekiller1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Charger Box Build
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2014, 09:31 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2008
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planekiller1 View Post
Thx. Downloaded the driver I'll give it a go in a minute...
No problem, let us know how it goes. :thumbup::thumbup:
Iceberg86300 is online now Find More Posts by Iceberg86300
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:12 AM
Crashing into the sky!
jackosmeister's Avatar
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
6,960 Posts
Just upgraded from my old faithful Duo2 to 2x730iNET3's running with EOS control (without a powered USB hub).

Was a painfree process, apart from the dud link that points to old firmware which isnt compatible with the latest EOS suite and spits out an error on starting EOS control.

Took a lot of head scratching to figure out what was wrong.

The firmware link here http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/eos/default.htm points to the wrong firmware (5.86) The link here http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-man/Download.htm also points to old firmware page.

The link here http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/pcsoft.htm points to the correct page http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/eos/591/eosfw591.html
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2014, 07:38 AM
Spark Time
Planekiller1's Avatar
United States, TX, Katy
Joined Mar 2013
161 Posts
Hmmm ok well I'm running 5.8.. Not sure on the last number but it seems up to date have yet to try the suite after downloading the drivers... Too busy to do it making this
Planekiller1 is offline Find More Posts by Planekiller1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Charger Box Build
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Availability of Hyperion EOS 0720i NET3 ? Pull-Up Batteries and Chargers 23 Mar 29, 2010 01:16 PM
For Sale Hyperion EOS 7I Charger Robert Burson Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 1 Mar 20, 2010 02:17 PM
Discussion Hyperion EOS 0606i bighead93 Batteries and Chargers 3 Mar 01, 2010 06:26 PM
Discussion Data logging dont work on firware 3.00 beta alah Castle Creations 4 Nov 15, 2009 10:30 AM
Discussion Hyperion EOS DUO-NET Beta logging Software NipponDave Batteries and Chargers 83 Nov 30, 2008 11:07 PM