HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 10:29 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,316 Posts
That black edition sure makes sense. I hate having to wipe fingerprints off the silver finish...

I gave my DX7s to my Dad because he wanted a Tx with a rotary dial.
He's ripped it apart and mode1ified it now!

He doesn't even use the dial. He just uses the 3 position switch with the servo slowed.
I too hope he learns quick, I need someone to tow my Ka8. He can use my Sport Cub when he stops crashing
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 01:32 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,777 Posts
Teflon,

I also use RF 7. From what I've read & heard, RF's fixed-wing flight-physics is more accurate than Phoenix, whereas Phoenix has better heli physics. At least that used to be the general consensus. Not sure if it's still true, but I can say that RF 7's fixed-wing physics, micro-weather, turbulence, and thermal emulation is uncannily accurate.

Also - RF comes with a lot of aircraft, and you can also purchase expansion packs. (No HH models, though.) Plus, you can download many thousands of user-created planes from Knife Edge Software at no cost. The catch is that although many of the user-created planes are designed very well & fly just like the model, others do not come anywhere near close. It all depends upon how well the creator understands the principles of aerodynamics, physics, power-plants, and correctly propping a plane. I often have to edit user-created planes to correct serious design-flaws. But that's not a biggie when they're free - and you can learn a lot about aircraft design by changing one thing at a time & seeing how it affects the plane in flight.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 08:21 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julezwatts View Post
Yes, but with AS3X you get a lot of servo chatter- meaning you need more cooling than you'd normally think.

Horizon has the windshield cooling vent and the aileron servo cover vents in there to keep everything cool- on V1 stock there were many overheating issues due to lack of cooling.

I'd say you overheated your ESC.
This simply isn't the case, the originals did not overheat due to cooling issues, they overheated due to VERY poor solder joints bridging the integrated servo's wires to a nearby resistor creating a constant draw. This overworked the VR and thus the brick shutdown. Also you'll notice a lot of elevator/rudder locks on this plane for the first batch only. Why? same reason bridged solder connection.

Sure the adding cooling helps but it really wasn't necessary.

-Brian
kalmon is online now Find More Posts by kalmon