HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 12, 2010, 05:52 PM
efflux RC's Avatar
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
Lets fly this baby Roger. Gary, please save me a set of the bearings as I got none in mine. I will get them sent in my next order if ok with you. J
I only got two sets sent for the jets already purchased. I had to wait to place an order to get them, as they would not mail them seperately. My customer service is only as good as what I receive from my suppliers. I'll see if I can get them for you from Skyworld. I may just buy them locally if you need them.
I already installed mine in the housings so they wouldn't get lost.

.................................................. .................................................. .......

Rodger, can you measure the bearings before you install them.
  • I.D.
  • O.D.
  • Thickness
They are metric.

Thanks.
efflux RC is online now Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2010, 05:56 PM
deltas are cool
AIR SALLY's Avatar
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,793 Posts
i dont have a very good set of metric calipers (plastic) but i will try .i have not got them yet.maybe they came today.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2010, 08:37 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
jayb1rdz's Avatar
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
I only got two sets sent for the jets already purchased. I had to wait to place an order to get them, as they would not mail them seperately. My customer service is only as good as what I receive from my suppliers. I'll see if I can get them for you from Skyworld. I may just buy them locally if you need them.
I already installed mine in the housings so they wouldn't get lost.

.................................................. .................................................. .......

Rodger, can you measure the bearings before you install them.
  • I.D.
  • O.D.
  • Thickness
They are metric.

Thanks.
Thanks Gary, Maybe Jet from Skyworld would like to comment here. You have done so much to preserve their reputation but they seem to insist on hurting themselves. Missing pieces in kits, packed and sent damaged parts and almost non-existant supprt. I fear they will go the way of the dodo unless they start honouring their promises.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2010, 10:07 PM
efflux RC's Avatar
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
Thanks Gary, Maybe Jet from Skyworld would like to comment here. You have done so much to preserve their reputation but they seem to insist on hurting themselves. Missing pieces in kits, packed and sent damaged parts and almost non-existant supprt. I fear they will go the way of the dodo unless they start honouring their promises.
What was Jet's complete screen name. I can't find it. Can you?
efflux RC is online now Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 06:47 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
jayb1rdz's Avatar
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,957 Posts
I saw his name posted on Giant Cod, a UK based forum. I noticed Al, lurking there as well just them when I looked for the connection.

I wrote direct to him and copied you and Ian in. We did get a response so I do n ot know if Jet has adopted an English name like Dave or not.

Maybe it is worth trying to contact Jet again via the email address we had. J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2010, 01:02 AM
Soggy Scotland
pilotrcuk's Avatar
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
Yeah Rob got Jet involved on one of the forum threads but he only ever posted twice on that thread in the whole forum!! I don't see any contact details.

Does he pick up emails from the contact address on their website? I notice they still have EffluxRC content in the gallery/showroom though most of the links don't work!!

I just won on the Euro Lottery!! Pity I have to share it with the other 10 people on my team. We get to split 22.60 eleven ways That should buy me...nothing
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2010, 05:41 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
jayb1rdz's Avatar
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotrcuk View Post
Yeah Rob got Jet involved on one of the forum threads but he only ever posted twice on that thread in the whole forum!! I don't see any contact details.

Does he pick up emails from the contact address on their website? I notice they still have EffluxRC content in the gallery/showroom though most of the links don't work!!

I just won on the Euro Lottery!! Pity I have to share it with the other 10 people on my team. We get to split 22.60 eleven ways That should buy me...nothing
That is great Al, maybe it is a sign that your luck is running. Any of you guys planning on going to the World Cup by some chance ??
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2010, 10:56 PM
deltas are cool
AIR SALLY's Avatar
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,793 Posts
best i can tell the od is 6mm and the id is 3mm
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2010, 11:58 PM
efflux RC's Avatar
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
best i can tell the od is 6mm and the id is 3mm
O'all width?
inside flange width?
Seals?
efflux RC is online now Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2010, 12:04 AM
deltas are cool
AIR SALLY's Avatar
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,793 Posts
the width counting the flange looks like 2mm ...minus the flange it's 1.5ish ...i say ish cause it is a plastic calipers seals? not sure ...it looks like a metal shield ,bering appear to be dry not greased with seals.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2010, 12:16 AM
efflux RC's Avatar
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,651 Posts
Thanks Rodger.
efflux RC is online now Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2010, 05:19 AM
Soggy Scotland
pilotrcuk's Avatar
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
No plans to do the World Cup - soccer ain't my bag!! Besides, NYC wiped out the holiday fund - we're camping for the rest of the year!!

A mate is in Monaco for the F1 race today - lucky sod!!
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk
Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2010, 07:28 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
jayb1rdz's Avatar
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotrcuk View Post
No plans to do the World Cup - soccer ain't my bag!! Besides, NYC wiped out the holiday fund - we're camping for the rest of the year!!

A mate is in Monaco for the F1 race today - lucky sod!!
Soccer isn't exactly my bag either but the World Cup is different. I wouldn't watch gymnastics either unless it was at the Olympics.... or they were nude.

I can't help it that I am commited to a business trip in Sth Africa and it just happens to be at the same time as the World Cup.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2010, 02:57 AM
efflux RC's Avatar
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,651 Posts
Rodger,
OK...now that I got the right thread. How many duct sets did ya make. Should we do the Kit that I have here. Might be nice to diplay them WSEF. I'm waiting on word from Skyworld about the availability of the F-20s. See ya Sat.
efflux RC is online now Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2010, 03:27 AM
Team White Llama!
gundamnitpete's Avatar
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Gary, any word on those DS-30's?
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Air Sally T45 (v1) F/G ducts $48.00 jzuniga Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Jan 01, 2010 01:36 PM
Sold NIB Sapac T-45 V1 Composit with Air Sally ducts mickydee Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 7 Dec 11, 2009 05:57 PM
Sold Phase 3 F-16 w/ Air Sally fiberglass NIB mflander Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 6 Nov 27, 2009 02:21 PM
Wanted Air Sally Ducts for BAe Hawk jzuniga Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Oct 23, 2009 08:05 PM
Sold E-flite BAE Hawk and Air Sally Ducts bfischer Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 3 Jul 25, 2009 03:39 PM