HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:59 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
Better yet, DA is comming out with a 35. Hmmmmm choices.
Be curious to see what the weight and price point of that motor is.....cause quite honestly, it's gonna be pretty hard to beat the DLE 30 at it's current price point. It's actually a damn strong motor and I have not seen any problems with any of them in our club.
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:36 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,905 Posts
Plow LOL Thanks but I really never ever tried the 45 degree thing to figure anything out before so those that have mentioned it here has me wanting to do it for sure I'm more the kind of guy that goes out takes off a plane and adjusts trims and the rest is all thumbs on training I'd probably be much more successful if I actually set the plane up right which is why I appreciate all these answers as I'm going to try it for a first time LOL even the T_ _ _T I only set the CG back until it did almost flat or rising flat spins then I thought OK That must be good and the rest is all practice LOL

Snowdog thats awesome news I'll bet your beaming on thursday now, I don't think I could ever check the status on a delivery until it was after when I thought it would arrive, As I might be sitting under the mailbox until it appeared LOL That would be a LonnnnnnnnG Wait LOL

Tower sorry to hear about the prop strike I think you need to order 20 props and you'll never break one single one again LOL but glad you got out there with the 150,,, excellent.

Kerwin50alpha the Glider was actually built because I wanted to have some fun getting towed into the sky so I designed it to have no motor at all, The Gentle lady had the pod option so I went with it just to be able to fly it as My club hasn't been able to tow me up yet, dang slackers LOL I do have a High launch system for it also, but thats too much work lol to walk 800 feet stretching the thing out and then launch and have to wind it all back up is not for me lol tried it once, and that was enough.

I can see why you like that foamie I liked it too and I watched the vids of the kid flying and thought Dang!!! I need to be 8 years old NOW and start lerarning to fly what a different world today in this hobby

My experimentation back when I started was masking tape on an estes rocket engine taped to a giant Cardboard paper airplane the mission failed and I was spanked for playing with fire in the back yard LOL It was worth the spanking as it looked cool as all hell yes there was many more spankings after that too
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:21 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
My experimentation back when I started was masking tape on an estes rocket engine taped to a giant Cardboard paper airplane the mission failed and I was spanked for playing with fire in the back yard LOL It was worth the spanking as it looked cool as all hell yes there was many more spankings after that too
Ah yes, the memories...like the time my buddy and I lit an Estes rocket in his backyard...but we were still using wicks, and while the wick was burning, it lit the fins on fire, and by the time the motor ignited, the fins were half gone, and the rocket spun around and landed on our neighbors garage roof...and then...you bet..the EJECTION CHARGE went off! Fortunately, we did not set anything on fire, but you bet we ran away from that scene as quick as rabbits! LOL. We did go back to make sure nothing was in flames.

Then there was the time we put rocket engines (of course) in the engine space of a newly built plastic F4 Phantom airplane kit. The glue was still wet on that thing when we pointed it down the sidewalk and lit the engines...wow did it move fast! Of course, the ejection charge (again) melted the entire plane into a hulk of molten plastic once it came to rest.

ah...good times...good times...
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Apr 17, 2012, 01:24 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,905 Posts
ROTFLOL Thats awesome,, yes Estes engines were the fun of many toys If it had wheels or looked like an aircraft surely an estes rocket was a great source to propell it LOL I myself did the plastic f-105 or f16 fighting falcon revell model, it even had the working ejection seat and molted plastic was also the end result, it was devestating that the ejection seat trigger melted and my pilot was melted but that thing hauled for a few seconds anyway LOL God i laughed hard when you said that.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 02:06 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
I got a bunch of Estes engines in the basement.....Hmmmmmmmm....maybe an assisted Twist takeoff perhaps?

Old Apr 17, 2012, 02:33 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,905 Posts
I love where your head is at ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old Apr 17, 2012, 02:49 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
I love where your head is at ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hmmm that's good cause my wife says it's mostly up my A#$!!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:26 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,006 Posts
lol guys this thread can be fun. Congrats on the shipping notice Mike... you know I'm about 3 weeks away from maiden on my 70" and I can't wait.

I had an OOPS on my 51 slick today.

http://imageshack.us/g/851/img20120417110550.jpg/

Got her pretty much fixed except for my motor is screwy now. I think I'm going to rob the can off the old one to try lol. If it works then hey... there you go. All I have to do to get it air worthy again is to drill for the shaft and blind nuts. Should be as strong as ever... with a little additional weight since I put a new firewall behind the original frankenstein one. I had to sand a bunch of the jagged edges off the old one to get it to fit back into the plane and I figured it wouldn't matter since I was putting a new peice of ply behind it.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:50 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
lol guys this thread can be fun. Congrats on the shipping notice Mike... you know I'm about 3 weeks away from maiden on my 70" and I can't wait.

I had an OOPS on my 51 slick today.

http://imageshack.us/g/851/img20120417110550.jpg/
Its just a flesh wound!

I ordered the Motor Box for my 70 inch AJ Slick today, I like Mike, will not have it completed by the 3DHS Fly Low in, that is in 45 days, but a Leccy 70 inch is gonna be fun.

Waldo, great video, love the sound of the motor in the new Aeroworks <not to be confused with PB's AeroNotWorks> edge, that look like a nice flyer.

Mike!!!! on the delivery pending, that rox
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:06 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,006 Posts
first time I broke a motorbox that was fixable... turned out to be not too bad. probly 1.5 hrs.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:09 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,259 Posts
Quote:
first time I broke a motorbox that was fixable... turned out to be not too bad. probly 1.5 hrs.
my 70 motor box had been fixed once prior to the gear getting yanked again this time. I am putting in the 71 motor box, it has all the upgrades and CF Tube braces the 70 didnt have.

Its going to be Leccy, so Electric motor and ESC are needed for it. I have some servos and such.... Still cant get it done by the Cape event.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:11 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,006 Posts
man electric slicks are sooo trendy
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:23 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,259 Posts
Quote:
man electric slicks are sooo trendy
Does this mean i have to drink Latte with one pinky finger tweaked up?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:01 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
Ok DOG what is your set up going to be on that Slick Leccy?
Well I tried to fly the MX tonight, got to the soccer field and soccer pratcie was about to start so I flew the twist once and let my bro fly it once. By then pratice had started so we packed up.

Snowdog I have a special place for unloved and unwanted Goldwings if you want to give her to me. LOL
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,187 Posts
Waldo...I enjoyed watching you fly Jack211's T---t....he is indeed pleased with its new home/owner!!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman