HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2014, 01:55 PM
United States, CA, Industry
Joined Jan 2011
592 Posts
New Product
AeroSky P12 Quadcopter

Buy Now - http://www.xheli.com/05h112-p12-gps-red-rtf-24g.html

The AeroSky P12 quadcopter is based on the frame of the AeroSky H100 quadcopter, just the like the H100 the P12 is built from strong yet light weight composite and glass fiber materials. The P12 provides the perfect frame for a highly capable machine. The front and rear legs are color coded along with color coded LED’s that allow the pilot to distinguish the quadcopter’s orientation during long range flight. This quadcopter is equipped with the Mega 2.52 MX flight control, four 2212 brushless outrunner 920KV motors, four 40amp Hobbywing Skywalker electronic speed controllers, and powered by a 11.1v 2200mah 20C Li-Po. This quadcopter comes with a factory installed GPS unit combined with the 3-axis gyro, accelerometer, magnetometer and high-performance barometer on the Mega 2.52 MX flight control which measures altitude, attitude which means it can be used for autopilot and automatic control. Multiple flight modes can be programed via Mission Planner and set to your transmitter. The AeroSky P12 Quadcopter comes with the main components pre-assembled right out of the box. The ready to fly version comes with everything you need except for the charger. It is pre-programmed from the factory with an X pattern flight setting and setup in 4 axis mode. Install the propellers and you’re ready to fly this awesome machine.

Specification:
Dimensions: 47x47cm (18.5inches x 18.5 inches)
Weight: 750g
Height: 12cm
Four 10 inch Propellers
Battery: 3s 2200mAh
2.4G 6CH Radio
Motor: Four 2212 Outrunner Brushless 920KV Motors
ESC: ESC: 4pcs 40A Brushless (Hobbywing) Speed Controllers
Load: 1300G
Flight Control Board: MX
led
GPS installed.

05P-FlightControl-Mega-MX
Mega 2.52 is a complete open source autopilot system featuring the best selling technology. This version is ready to use, with no assembly required. It allows the user to turn any fixed wing, rotary wing or multi-rotor vehicle (even boats and car) into a fully autonomous vehicle capable of performing programmed GPS missions with waypoints (GPS module required - sold separately).

Features:
• Arduino Compatible
• pre-soldered and tested
• 3-axis gyro, accelerometer, magnetometer and high-performance barometer
• Built in 4 MP Dataflash chip for automatic data logging
• Honeywell HMC5883L-TR Digital compass
• InvenSense 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000
• Measurement Specialties MS5611-01BA03 Barometric pressure sensor.
• Atmel ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 (processing and USB function).

05P-GPS-38400-APM
This is an updated GPS module that can used with ardupilot mega v2. This GPS module uses the latest technology to give the best possible position information, allowing for better performance with your Ardupilot or other Multirotor control platform.
You may require to configure this module for use with your flight controller (MultiWii Copter I2C GPS board requires 115200 baud). You will require a USB to FTDI adaptor board to do this.

Please note that this module ships with default settings and a baud rate of 38400.
Features:

• Standalone GPS receiver
• U-blox NEO-6M GPS module
• Under 1 second time-to-first-fix for hot and aided starts
• SuperSense ฎ Indoor GPS: -162 dBm tracking sensitivity
• Anti-jamming technology
• Support SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN)
• U-blox 6 50 channel positioning engine with over 2 million effective correlators
• Timepulse
• 5Hz position update rate
• Operating temperature range: -40 TO 85ฐC
• UART TTL socket
• EEprom to store settings
• Rechargeable battery for Backup
• Build in 18X18mm GPS antenna
• RoHS compliant

Required to Fly:

Lipo Charger
Batteries for Transmitter
Assembly of Props
Nitro_Nancy is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Nancy
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2014, 04:51 PM
Joined Mar 2014
2 Posts
Hi anyone,
Just ordered my first quad. Its this Aerosky p12 with gps and mega 2.52
I have a few days to study and get some hints on my first flights.
Anyone own one ?
Any thoughts....................Looking for any help for a newbee
xppilot is offline Find More Posts by xppilot
Old Apr 03, 2014, 02:35 PM
United States, FL, Lake Mary
Joined Aug 2013
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xppilot View Post
Hi anyone,
Just ordered my first quad. Its this Aerosky p12 with gps and mega 2.52
I have a few days to study and get some hints on my first flights.
Anyone own one ?
Any thoughts....................Looking for any help for a newbee
I received mine ARF last week, still not able to get the motors armed.

I am going to return it tomorrow if xheli does not reply to my ticket in their help desk.

I am using a DX9 and AR6210 RX.
StarLog is offline Find More Posts by StarLog
Old Apr 04, 2014, 11:46 AM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLog View Post
I received mine ARF last week, still not able to get the motors armed.

I am going to return it tomorrow if xheli does not reply to my ticket in their help desk.

I am using a DX9 and AR6210 RX.
Since you got the ARF model did you go through the setup wizard and calibrate the radio and the sensors of the flight controller? When you calibrate the radio make sure all of your trims are centered before you start calibrating the radio. Here's a brief setup video.

Programming and Calibrating your APM module for Multi-Rotors and More. (13 min 13 sec)
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Apr 04, 2014, 02:10 PM
Joined Aug 2013
277 Posts
Raidencharli
Yes I watched that video several times the radio and esc calibrated just fine.

Does not matter I gave up, and ordered the RTF version last night. I really wanted the DX9 radio speech to work.
Old Apr 07, 2014, 08:31 PM
Joined Mar 2014
2 Posts
GPS not working

So , I got my P12 with GPS and APM 2.5 today.
Watched the video several times while waiting for the the machine to show up.
Went through it all, NO GPS
Went through it several times.......still no GPS.
Any ideas on what to try ?
I bought the RTF
Checked all cables.......they all SEEM fine
It does unlock and throttle seems to work, but no GPS
xppilot is offline Find More Posts by xppilot
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:07 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xppilot View Post
So , I got my P12 with GPS and APM 2.5 today.
Watched the video several times while waiting for the the machine to show up.
Went through it all, NO GPS
Went through it several times.......still no GPS.
Any ideas on what to try ?
I bought the RTF
Checked all cables.......they all SEEM fine
It does unlock and throttle seems to work, but no GPS
I assume you're inside the house while you have it connected to the computer. If you're inside the house the GPS signal won't be as strong as being outside.

I have one of our APM upgrade kits that I'm installing onto a frame that I'm working on, I had to leave it connected to the computer for 5-10 minutes for it to find GPS lock. Leave it hooked up to the computer and walk away for a bit, when you come back it should find GPS lock.

For me after it found GPS lock it locked onto my location within 30 seconds to a minute every time I connected it to the computer.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 09:48 PM
Joined Aug 2013
277 Posts
Xppilot

Check the connector, got mine today, the pin was pushed back in did not make contact.

Used a plyers to pull back out reconnected and now I have GPS
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:58 PM
Joined Sep 2014
4 Posts
Hey I just received the RTF version and am having a few issues. But let me just start with a really simple stupid question. Whats the little connector with the wire that's attached to the Tx for? Do I plug that into the Rx in the ID slot?
citizen7833 is offline Find More Posts by citizen7833
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:34 AM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
373 Posts
That is the bind plug, you don't have to use it because the RX and TX is already bound out of the box.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:02 PM
Joined Sep 2014
4 Posts
still cant arm

So I went through the setup. the radio tx and rx seem to work just fine and is all calibrated through the software. I also went through the esc calibration as described on the apm site. Still cant get the bugger to arm via Tx. I did lower left lower right upper right upper left. when i plug it in it just beeps and blinks, LEDs on the struts as well as the LED on the board. When I do the lower right on the Tx it keeps beeping but the strut LEDs stop blinking. I think they didnt plug some stuff into the board correctly. Could one of you send me a picture of your top module, I think my black lead (out of the red white orange bundle) on the top isnt in the right spot. They had it floating behind number 4
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:08 PM
Joined Sep 2014
4 Posts
Also there is a red wire that is just hanging on to number 6 that plugs into the receiver..it have no number or anything ...is that fine?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 11:31 AM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
373 Posts
The RTF model doesn't have to be calibrate, their supposed to work right out of the box. When you re-calibrated the unit you might of done something wrong. as is out of the box the LEDs on the legs are supposed to blink when un-armed. Once you have the unit armed the LEDs will remain solid. Can you provide a photo of the black lead that you're referring to?

That is fine, that connector is supposed to be unplugged.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 07:49 AM
Joined Jul 2014
3 Posts
You should keep in mind that the Arducopter open source software is a work in progress. I fly my P12 several times a week. You should not have any problem arming the flight controller if you keep the sticks in arm position for several seconds. It may take longer than you expect. If you connect Mission Planner to your flight controller and click on the messages tab, the init display will tell you what version of Arducopter you have installed. If you are still having any problems -- post the version number.
mikegh550 is offline Find More Posts by mikegh550