HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:01 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne420 View Post
price seems a little high to me.
I can get a Naza Lite with GPS and the F450 arf for $410 and it will have GPS functions.
Blade wants $420 for the BNF that seems a bit much. But I am sure I will end up with one at a great price just so I can demo it for the store. lol
compare to the DJI Phantom ???
this Blade beats it
and this on is not a Naza ARF, it is a Bind and Fly already built
and I would bet it will sell like crazy
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:09 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpaintfx View Post
There are other threads on this but this was the first one, 6 hours before the one you posted the link to.

You're right. I looked to see which was first but thought this one said 4pm when it's really 4am. Sorry. The thread i linked to was started by the guy that will likely do the official review but who cares. I'll frequent which ever one has the most user input!

major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Old Jul 11, 2013, 10:48 AM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
compare to the DJI Phantom ???
this Blade beats it
and this on is not a Naza ARF, it is a Bind and Fly already built
and I would bet it will sell like crazy
After seeing the video again I see it may have gps so if that's the case it is the same as a phantom except about $250 cheaper but you need to get a tx which I would recommend at least a Dx6i so you have some switches to use all the functions. so it is still about $110 cheaper than the phantom. Also the blade 350 hasn't had a flyaway yet like the phantom. lol
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:40 AM
Joined Nov 2011
3,368 Posts
Quote:
After seeing the video again I see it may have gps so if that's the case it is the same as a phantom except about $250 cheaper but you need to get a tx which I would recommend at least a Dx6i so you have some switches to use all the functions. so it is still about $110 cheaper than the phantom. Also the blade 350 hasn't had a flyaway yet like the phantom. lol
no this is not corrrect
RTF is $470 with a DX5e, so that puts it about $210 cheaper than the Phantom $680 price
but most of us like myself have a nice radio (DX8) and will only need the BnF version and that makes it $260 cheaper us... yah baby!
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:42 AM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
Quote:

It has GPS onboard and Altimeter.

You can get all functionality with a DX5E (v2) or higher.

DX6i and 7's are a bit less convenient as they don't offer a 3 pos switch, so you need 2 switches (+mix) to get 3 modes... (assuming you want all 3 in flight).

Others offer 3 position switches... for most direct control of flight mode selection.
(5Ev2, DX8, and higher...)

David
dribbe is offline Find More Posts by dribbe
Site Sponsor
Last edited by dribbe; Jul 11, 2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:57 AM
Joined Mar 2013
41 Posts
The most important thing is how reliable of this fc and gps system, we don't want to see another flyaway thread in the future.
fpvboy is offline Find More Posts by fpvboy
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:15 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvboy View Post
The most important thing is how reliable of this fc and gps system, we don't want to see another flyaway thread in the future.
we wont know till we start flying them
and saving over 200 bucks is well worth it
Old Jul 11, 2013, 01:36 PM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
United States, NH, Londonderry
Joined Dec 2006
927 Posts
350 QX Agility Mode Unofficial Video

James Haley shows us how aerobatic the 350 QX is in Agility Mode. This mode features no flight envelope protection, no GPS or Altitude holds unlike the other modes.

In this flight we do not have a camera mounted to the 350 QX.

It certainly can rock and roll!

350 QX Agility Mode Unofficial Video (2 min 53 sec)
boiko is offline Find More Posts by boiko
Old Jul 11, 2013, 01:37 PM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvboy View Post
there will be plenty of flyaways because a lot of the people that purchase these easy to fly prebuilt models with GPS are often the ones with little to no experience flying these kinds of models. So needless to say flyaways are gonna happen. I would say at least half if not more of the phantom flyaways are do to pilot error but they choose to blame the quad because they cant be wrong .

I am not saying every flyaway is pilot error but a lot are and even if this is a great system there will be some people that don't know anything about rc and they will let the battery drain to low, forget to set up something, wont take precuations like failsafe on tx and many other reasons a flyaway will happen but that is to be expected because these are advanced machines and people with no experience will buy them so there will be a learning curve for those new people.
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old Jul 11, 2013, 01:52 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,361 Posts
TheOne420 - Very well said. I can't tell how many times I have had a noob tell me I am completely wrong and that he knew what he was doing, and then it got thrown back in there face.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Jul 11, 2013, 02:01 PM
$#|+
United States, CA, Orange
Joined May 2007
1,605 Posts
are they selling the controller/gps alone without the quad?
mkmkmk13 is offline Find More Posts by mkmkmk13
Old Jul 11, 2013, 02:48 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiko View Post
James Haley shows us how aerobatic the 350 QX is in Agility Mode. This mode features no flight envelope protection, no GPS or Altitude holds unlike the other modes.

In this flight we do not have a camera mounted to the 350 QX.

It certainly can rock and roll!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pki4TzdGDPY
Nice
thanks for posting!
Old Jul 11, 2013, 03:05 PM
3d Master in Training
United States, PA, Tunkhannock
Joined Dec 2011
741 Posts
Game changer
garrettt04s is online now Find More Posts by garrettt04s
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2013, 03:10 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,480 Posts
A nice sized, brushless quad, that uses my DX6i, with HH support, sounds good to me. I have a Phantom, but have always been concerned about what to do if something goes wrong. DJI doesn't respond to email, nor offer any way to contact them that works. For $680 I expect better. Availability of parts at your LHS and HH support will be big selling points.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jul 11, 2013, 03:22 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
A nice sized, brushless quad, that uses my DX6i, with HH support, sounds good to me. I have a Phantom, but have always been concerned about what to do if something goes wrong. DJI doesn't respond to email, nor offer any way to contact them that works. For $680 I expect better. Availability of parts at your LHS and HH support will be big selling points.
agreed