HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:50 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Does the VCTRC feature a vibration log, or is that only found on the Robird?
No vibration logs available for any of the beastx clones 2Doggs. The way we know if there is vibration is a simple spool up test. Then check for random servo movements or creeping to one side of the swashplate.. With that said, I do believe that is another advantage of the G31. Much more tolerant to high vibrations.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:53 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I don't, but when I read up on the Microbeast, a lot of people had trouble with the 250's tail when using v1, but that was before the likes of the DS95i...
Aggghh.. I knew it was too good to be true. Alot of gyros seem to have a hard time with the tail on the 250 so I should have expected this anyways. What if you used a mini servo on the tail...same results?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:06 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
No vibration logs available for any of the beastx clones 2Doggs.
Huh, I lumped the G31 in with all the others, believing it to be a BeastX clone. So is it really just the G31 that can give you a vibe log?
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:54 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,343 Posts
The only bad thing I have seen with the G31 or blackwidow or Alzrc3gx, all the same. Is that the tail is not as good as most of the other gyros out there, But they do add the vibration log, sat/s-bus, and future upgrade to come with governor.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Huh, I lumped the G31 in with all the others, believing it to be a BeastX clone. So is it really just the G31 that can give you a vibe log?
Correct. The G31 is not a clone of anything. It is the only one of the cheap 3 axis gyros with a vibration log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
The only bad thing I have seen with the G31 or blackwidow or Alzrc3gx, all the same. Is that the tail is not as good as most of the other gyros out there, But they do add the vibration log, sat/s-bus, and future upgrade to come with governor.
Well with the current direction of firmware development, I don't really see any promise of a better tail hold any time soon. I think next month I may just pull mines off the VWINRC 450 Pro and get a VCTRC 3GX.
Last edited by ridge_racer; Dec 24, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 04:18 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,343 Posts
Got my Servos today!! So far I am impressed. They are very smooth unlike some others have stated. No notchy gears at all. Must have lube because they are too smooth to not have it. I have yet to power them up. Have to goto the folks for Christmas eve dinner.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 24, 2012, 04:50 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,343 Posts
Ended up having enough time to test. I don't know if 4 new AA batteries just don't have the amp power or what. If I move the servos really fast my fr sky RX locks up. I changed RX's to a real futaba and tried again and still lock up. I removed one servo at a time and still the same issue. So it's not just a shorted out servo and no warm servos. These must be some power hungry suckers.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 24, 2012, 04:56 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,109 Posts
Quote:
It already has the governor - and I really like the tail, though I'm not a very advanced flyer unfortunately
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,327 Posts
Quote:
Ended up having enough time to test. I don't know if 4 new AA batteries just don't have the amp power or what. If I move the servos really fast my fr sky RX locks up. I changed RX's to a real futaba and tried again and still lock up. I removed one servo at a time and still the same issue. So it's not just a shorted out servo and no warm servos. These must be some power hungry suckers.
What servos did you get mhills?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:49 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,343 Posts
VCTRC DS610's and one DS680
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:29 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,343 Posts
Well I am at a loss of words on these servos. I powered everything off of my CC ice 100 with the 5 amp bec and they still lock up my RX and make the rx go's red!

I opened them up and must say they are made really well. All the gears are properly greased. All the solder joints are nice and clean. On the pots I had one with the wires really close, almost touching. The other looked normal, and the third looked like someone had spread the pot leads apart. Maybe with the fbl controller in between will make a difference. I really hope I can solve this like I said the servos are great quality
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:04 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,343 Posts
I am sure I just got some from a bad production run. It would of been hard to find for one on one they work fine. Just any more than one in any combination sends them funny right before the RX locks out. I may produce a video of all test, but am waiting to see if it was just a bad batch.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:36 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,343 Posts
Friendly helpful service.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mhills51; Dec 25, 2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:39 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,343 Posts
It's not a Happy Christmas for me
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:25 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,327 Posts
Quote:
It's not a Happy Christmas for me
Kinda hard reading what you posted above on my PC. But that really sucks that the servos are junk. Now it makes no sense even looking at the 550 combo because it includes the same servos. Is Sam going to replace the servos for you? Is your rx still working? I was gong to buy a gyro from them but I will go with the HB800 instead. I really feel bad for your experience...sorry dude. I received some heli parts (non electronics) that look really well made but I guess quality control does not apply with electronics.
Last edited by ridge_racer; Dec 25, 2012 at 04:40 AM.