SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:06 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bailey View Post
Where can I read these reviews? I most definetly would like to see that.
There are lots of posts onthe Orange DSM2 receivers. Sure there are some that report a problem. But you can say the same about Spektrum. Most reports for Orange and Spektrum receivers are positive.

Edit:

Here is a thread that goes back to 2010. The early posts are all about the discovery of these receivers, so I picked it up around the point where people are actually reporting on results.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1304286&page=4
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Last edited by aeajr; Sep 14, 2012 at 11:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:18 AM
United States, IN, Mishawaka
Joined Sep 2009
219 Posts
thanks Ed.
Steve Bailey is offline Find More Posts by Steve Bailey
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:40 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bailey View Post
thanks Ed.
Several discussions about using in gliders on this page:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...r#post21685465

Post 629, 30 ,expereince with Digital servos
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...glider&page=42

No, I don't work for any of the hobby MFG and No, I don't use the orange receivers, at least not yet. My big gliders are on Futaba FASST using a FASST module in my Futaba 9C. But I have a bunch of Spektrum receivers in smaller planes that are used with a Spektrum DSM2 module in my Futaba 9C. Between FASST, DSM2 Spektrum and 72 MHz, I have more receivers than I need so I am not likely to be buying any more any time soon. However, if I get any more DSM2 receivers they will likely be Orange.
Last edited by aeajr; Sep 14, 2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:45 AM
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Jun 2006
75 Posts
I bought a Futaba Transmitter module for my JR/Graupner MX22 and have been using the Futaba FASST receivers with no problems. Less hassle and no remotes.
CoolCanuck is offline Find More Posts by CoolCanuck
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:46 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,620 Posts
What I find interesting (in a negative way) is that in the Spektrum Rx's they (orange RX) only offer a satellite Rx in a version with a short antenna....
If they are only going to offer one, its should have the long antenna, so you have it if you need it, IMO....

Also, with no "data" port, that is kind of a bummer. The best thing about Spektrum/JR is being able to optimize the install using the data port, IMO.

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Last edited by target; Sep 14, 2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:49 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by target View Post
What I find interesting (in a negative way) is that in the Spektrum Rx's they (orange RX) only offer a satellite Rx in a version with a short antenna....
If they are only going to offer one, its should have the long antenna, so you have it if you need it, IMO....

Also, with no "data" port, that is kind of a bummer. The best thing about Spektrum/JR is being able to optimize the install using the data port, IMO.

R,
Target

R,
Target
I don't think Orange is going for that high-end customer who does that kind of stuff.

Remember, these are not clones. Don't plug your Spektrum satelite into one. They implement the protocol but they are not copies of the Spektrum receivers.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:05 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,692 Posts
Exactly, the Orange receivers are just another choice. They give you more options which is a good thing. Even though most of my planes and helos have the orange receivers in them My high end helos and my 37%'er have Spek receivers.

One of the newer receivers from the 'O is a tiny 4ch. This thing is really awesome, so small you can fit it anywhere and it gets full range reception. I have a few in use, one in a little elctric Swift I take to a speck in the sky and the others in small speed deltas. Used in the proper application I have been very happy. Would I put it in a Tower Vista 2 meter sail plane... hmmm. Maybe... I have one of the old 6110e clones in it now and though it has no satellite it's been flawless for three seasons now.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Receiver.html
Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:56 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,620 Posts
I wonder if it is possible to replace the short antenna in the satellite Rx with the longer replacement they offer??

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:09 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Feb 2007
113 Posts
Hello. When using the 921 receiver, are the antennas sticking out side the fuse? Also are you taking the case off the receiver like DLG flyers do?
Indgroove is offline Find More Posts by Indgroove
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: This Forum is Great