HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:59 PM
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
That's one good thing with the KK2,we can create any configuration thru the Mixer Editor up to 8 motors. Is there any way you can guide me to tech69x settings ? I wanna see that setting/configuration and maybe it will help me later.Thanks for sharing the props placement and rotation on yours.
Here you go
V tale
Mine is finally up and running with the kk2... just some minor tweaking now...had to change some very random things to get a good mix....

again my setup is a kk2 with 750 kv motors 10x4.7 props, and 3 cell battery on the 500 frame...hovers around 55% throttle...this may save some people some trouble if they have a similar setup..

So initial changes... flip all prop/motors directions to (from looking over head) M1 front left is CCW, M2 front right is CW, M3 rear left is CW, and M4 rear right is CCW.

set the kk2 to VTail.. calibrate your sensors... and start with the mixer settings

CH1:

Throttle: 100
Aileron: -100
Elevator: 100
Rudder: -40
Offset: 0

CH2:

Throttle: 100
Aileron: 100
Elevator: 100
Rudder: 40
Offset: 0

CH3:

Throttle: 95
Aileron: 0
Elevator: -100
Rudder: 100
Offset: 0

CH4:

Throttle: 95
Aileron: 0
Elevator: -100
Rudder: -100
Offset: 0

Now some rough PI values (mainly just a starting point)

Roll:

P gain:55
P limit:90
I gain:30
I limit:20

Pitch:

P gain:30
P limit:90
I gain:30
I limit:20

Yaw:

P gain:40
P limit:20
I gain:20
I limit:20

Hope this can help anyone else out there. Any suggestions or errors seen from any of the experiences users?
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:06 PM
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
I have found that the CG is very important as I had my battery 1in to far forward and it would spin to the left bad when I moved my battery back all was good.
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:09 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
That's one good thing with the KK2,we can create any configuration thru the Mixer Editor up to 8 motors. Is there any way you can guide me to tech69x settings ? I wanna see that setting/configuration and maybe it will help me later.Thanks for sharing the props placement and rotation on yours.
No problem. You will find the settings on page 308, post #4606.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...75613&page=308

... and at the top of this page. LOL (I was too slow...)
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RC911; Oct 06, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:14 PM
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
iPhone on a quad with a hard landing
iPhone On Quad Copter (5 min 0 sec)
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:36 PM
Registered User
blacksto's Avatar
Romania, Cluj, Cluj-Napoca
Joined Sep 2010
92 Posts
Quad short night fly

Hey! I finished mounting my led strips and I would like to share my short night fly demo, hope you like it ps, anybody knows wher to get one of thhose mini strobes? like that on HK that is on backorder forever.. I live in Cluj-Napoca - Romania (Europe) so probably something low cost and international shipping please.
Thank you!
KK2 RcTimer SM450 V2 Quadcopter short night fly (1 min 27 sec)
blacksto is offline Find More Posts by blacksto
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:40 PM
Registered User
CO2X2010's Avatar
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,201 Posts
Vtail

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
Here you go
V tale
Mine is finally up and running with the kk2... just some minor tweaking now...had to change some very random things to get a good mix....

again my setup is a kk2 with 750 kv motors 10x4.7 props, and 3 cell battery on the 500 frame...hovers around 55% throttle...this may save some people some trouble if they have a similar setup..

So initial changes... flip all prop/motors directions to (from looking over head) M1 front left is CCW, M2 front right is CW, M3 rear left is CW, and M4 rear right is CCW.

set the kk2 to VTail.. calibrate your sensors... and start with the mixer settings

CH1:

Throttle: 100
Aileron: -100
Elevator: 100
Rudder: -40
Offset: 0

CH2:

Throttle: 100
Aileron: 100
Elevator: 100
Rudder: 40
Offset: 0

CH3:

Throttle: 95
Aileron: 0
Elevator: -100
Rudder: 100
Offset: 0

CH4:

Throttle: 95
Aileron: 0
Elevator: -100
Rudder: -100
Offset: 0

Now some rough PI values (mainly just a starting point)

Roll:

P gain:55
P limit:90
I gain:30
I limit:20

Pitch:

P gain:30
P limit:90
I gain:30
I limit:20

Yaw:

P gain:40
P limit:20
I gain:20
I limit:20

Hope this can help anyone else out there. Any suggestions or errors seen from any of the experiences users?
Thanks alot brother...I'm gonna try this settings on mine and I'll keep in touch.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x pvc quad 2
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:54 PM
Registered User
United States, SC, Ridge Spring
Joined May 2012
110 Posts
I've decided that I do not like the scolton ACC mod. It recovers fast for autolevel, but always wants to slide to the right. Can't get it to stay trimmed, so I switched back to 1.2, which gives me no problems.
Boykintom is offline Find More Posts by Boykintom
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:58 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
TheFernMan's Avatar
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boykintom View Post
I've decided that I do not like the scolton ACC mod. It recovers fast for autolevel, but always wants to slide to the right. Can't get it to stay trimmed, so I switched back to 1.2, which gives me no problems.
wow, good to know, thanks.

I wonder if anyone else has had that issue...
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:00 PM
we dont NEED roads!
AcroFPV's Avatar
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,365 Posts
Yeah i have had that problem constantly. Most often my auto-level does not return to center.
AcroFPV is offline Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:12 PM
Registered User
CO2X2010's Avatar
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,201 Posts
Vtail settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
No problem. You will find the settings on page 308, post #4606.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...75613&page=308

... and at the top of this page. LOL (I was too slow...)
NP ! I'm just really glad that most of the guys here are willing to help...talking 'bout upcoming project,I was gathering parts for my Y6 too and got 6 pcs. of the DT700 last 2 weeks ago and then got side track on this vtail w/c I find more interesting,I will be starting on the Y6 soon.I'm just gonna modify a quad frame for my Y6.What frame you gonna use ?Got too much plan and some has been started and got skip...this is crazy.Anyway we will be together on this Y6 project again.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x pvc quad 2
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:20 PM
Registered User
CO2X2010's Avatar
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,201 Posts
iphone on quad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
iPhone on a quad with a hard landing
http://youtu.be/0Qx7Bv4ylLo
Cool ! That's a very interesting idea and how did you install the iphone to your quad...it's not shaky too...I think I will try it and hopefully don't crash it ...maybe I will use a old iphone,what Iphone did you used ?
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x pvc quad 2
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:26 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
Cool ! That's a very interesting idea and how did you install the iphone to your quad...it's not shaky too...I think I will try it and hopefully don't crash it ...maybe I will use a old iphone,what Iphone did you used ?
Don't do it. There is nothing special about phone cameras, phones are very heavy, expensive, and break easily. Use the right camera for the right job.


If you are too poor for a GoPro, then something like this will do the job better than an iPhone.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17200
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:31 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010 View Post
NP ! I'm just really glad that most of the guys here are willing to help...talking 'bout upcoming project,I was gathering parts for my Y6 too and got 6 pcs. of the DT700 last 2 weeks ago and then got side track on this vtail w/c I find more interesting,I will be starting on the Y6 soon.I'm just gonna modify a quad frame for my Y6.What frame you gonna use ?Got too much plan and some has been started and got skip...this is crazy.Anyway we will be together on this Y6 project again.
I will be using parts from a VC-550 frame (www.hoverthings.com) so once again the copter will be shaped like a 'T' with the controller up front. I really like the T-shape since it helps with orientation.
I already have collected all parts for my T6. I just need some time to build it. I'm gonna use NTM 1200kv motors and Turnigy 25A ESCs so I'll expect this copter to take off like a rocket.
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:51 PM
Registered User
iCrap's Avatar
United States, MD
Joined May 2012
204 Posts
The 2nd version of the ACCMOD just caused my quad to crash.
Back to stock 1.2 for me.
iCrap is offline Find More Posts by iCrap
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:52 PM
Custom quad builder
tech69x's Avatar
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
iPhone again
Races at Remote Control Hobbies by Magisto (1 min 1 sec)
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Reply With Quote