HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:17 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,135 Posts
That's wrong... my package hasn't made it yet Well, it may come sometimes this week. We'll see...
G-LO is online now Find More Posts by G-LO
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:23 PM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
422 Posts
They are coming from the west coast so you may get it tomorrow! Hope so!! Everything looks good! Trying to decide whether to use a Berg Rx or a 2.4 clone. Aero
Aeronut41 is offline Find More Posts by Aeronut41
Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:20 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,135 Posts
Thanks . That make sence. Got my fingers crossed..

If I were you. Ill use the 2.4 clone - No interference. Berg, little to some interference.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:49 PM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
422 Posts
Yeah, I'll probably use the 2.4. I have always used Bergs in my gliders and never had any problems but nice to have only one Tx to carry around. Gradually switching from 72 to 2.4. I replaced a Berg 7P with one of the 2.4 Orange clones in my Passer X over the weekend and got no apparent misses even when way up high so the Eagle Kite will probably get one of those!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:30 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,135 Posts
That's why I said the 2.4. You might catch a thermal and kinda speck it out. Keep us posted*
Old Jun 26, 2012, 01:48 PM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
422 Posts
Well, got it mostly together and it looks like it has a bad ESC. Servos work ok but couldn't get the motor to run. Temporarily swapped out one from one of my planes and it worked ok so will have to wire up a new ESC and install it. Other than that looks pretty good Aero
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:50 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,135 Posts
Does it look exactly as portrayed on the box? Or YouTube?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 06:05 AM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
422 Posts
Well, no luck so far. Tried flying it at dawn this morning with no success The motor doesn't seem to be winding up like it should. I tried several launches and only got a sort of extended glide and it would heel over and crash like it was very unstable. Loosened up the covering so will have to glue that back before trying again. I'll try some different batteries etc to see if I can get more power. Wind is back up of course
Mine is different than the box picture, instruction booklet and videos! They must be farmed out to various small builders who put their own mark on it! The "top" doesn't fit and interferes with the prop so left it off for the test flight. Anyway, not giving up yet but a little discouraged! Aero
Old Jun 27, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeronut41 View Post
Well, no luck so far. Tried flying it at dawn this morning with no success The motor doesn't seem to be winding up like it should. I tried several launches and only got a sort of extended glide and it would heel over and crash like it was very unstable. Loosened up the covering so will have to glue that back before trying again. I'll try some different batteries etc to see if I can get more power. Wind is back up of course
Mine is different than the box picture, instruction booklet and videos! They must be farmed out to various small builders who put their own mark on it! The "top" doesn't fit and interferes with the prop so left it off for the test flight. Anyway, not giving up yet but a little discouraged! Aero
Hi, Aero
Yes, my prop was also fouling the top piece (that was after I had obtained a new prop!)
You were lucky to get a glide of any sort as mine just dived into the ground. I can only assume that my prop angle is wrong but who knows?
Ted (UK)
tedrobphoto is offline Find More Posts by tedrobphoto
Old Jun 27, 2012, 03:06 PM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
422 Posts
Got the wing repaired and went through and loosened the tight fit of the rotating spars and the controls seem more smooth. Put in a lighter 3S battery. There is no information on where the CG should be. With such a short moment I think the CG location may be critical to success! Anyway, I await the next calm to try throwing it again. Wish I had a cliff to launch it from to see if it really flys Aero
Old Jun 27, 2012, 05:48 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO View Post
Ted, please read this IF you haven't already. This my help with flying the eagle. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1396982&page=5
Hey AERO. Read this page. The cg and a little other stuff is mentioned. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:48 PM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
422 Posts
Thanks for the link! Checked the CG and it was right on. I tried it again this evening and with the lighter better battery it actually climbed some but when I tried to turn it adverse yaw just stalled it and it cartwheeled and broke the wire loop wing holder off the back end which of course flew off into never never land! Gotta make a new one and try again. Did you get yours yet? Aero
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:06 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO View Post
Check this one out. He put a rudder on his bird....I might just do this too. It seems to help with the yaw pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRsz1...e_gdata_player
I will try this then******!

My bird came today but, I wasn't there.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 08:37 AM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
422 Posts
Well, I think the end has come for this project for me. I fixed it and took it out again this morning. If I didn't touch the controls it would climb up to 60/70 feet but as soon as I gave it even the slightest turn command it would stand on it's tail and go into a non recoverable spin kinda thing. Last flight it hit hard and broke the main wing spar so I think I will hang it up and maybe try again sometime later on. Good luck G-LO. Maybe the rudder will cure it! Best, Aero
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:48 PM
SUNLAND,CALIFORNIA
Joined Sep 2006
117 Posts
I flew mine today.It did the exact thing that Aeronut said.I tried differant batteries to change the flight .No luck.Very disappointing.Patrick
PACIFICAIRE is offline Find More Posts by PACIFICAIRE