HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2011, 08:58 PM
Joined Feb 2010
2,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
Here are a couple pics of it installed on the HK-700 , kinda makes it look tiny.
How do you like that Turnigy BLS tail servo?
TexasClouds is offline Find More Posts by TexasClouds
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2011, 11:47 PM
United States, MD
Joined Jan 2010
191 Posts
ZYX Setup is reasonable

Hi Guys,
I got my ZYX in from Infinity and did the setup tonight. Not bad really. A bit different than a BeastX, but after getting used to the flashing LED's, no problem. A setup box would be much nicer though. Hoping to maiden it later this week if the weather holds. Really impressed with the unit so far.

I have a CX-3X1000 on the way with a program box. Hope to compare it to the ZYX. Sure would be nice if the CX program box works with the ZYX!

BTW, the Tarot carton says it has 3 MEMS gyros. I have not found that in the CX postings, but I am assuming (hoping) it is the same hardware.

Terry
exblade is offline Find More Posts by exblade
Old Nov 08, 2011, 04:05 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,890 Posts
I can confirm that the CX-3X1000 is the same hardware:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=14

I can't confirm about the program box yet, as it hasn't arrived yet.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Nov 08, 2011, 07:00 AM
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2009
447 Posts
Its going to program it, Im sure of it!.....Just waiting a couple days for it to get here.
AllSpunUp is offline Find More Posts by AllSpunUp
Old Nov 08, 2011, 07:49 AM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exblade View Post
Hi Guys,
I got my ZYX in from Infinity and did the setup tonight. Not bad really. A bit different than a BeastX, but after getting used to the flashing LED's, no problem. A setup box would be much nicer though. Hoping to maiden it later this week if the weather holds. Really impressed with the unit so far.

I have a CX-3X1000 on the way with a program box. Hope to compare it to the ZYX. Sure would be nice if the CX program box works with the ZYX!

BTW, the Tarot carton says it has 3 MEMS gyros. I have not found that in the CX postings, but I am assuming (hoping) it is the same hardware.

Terry
Hi Terry,

Congrats on working through the install!

I am TERRIBLE at it in general but have been successful in the 10 step setups like the GY520.

The 42 steps in this thing seems daunting at best!

I will put you on the spot and ask you in front of GOD and everyone if you are the sort to lend a hand if necessary??

I too have the CX in route but alas I would like to get this setup and see what's doin'!

Brian
rikybob is online now Find More Posts by rikybob
Old Nov 08, 2011, 09:59 AM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,377 Posts
For those of you who can't wait for it to return to stock at Infinity, Century-RC has them in stock. Price isn't as good though:

http://www.century-rc.com/ecs/produc....php?p_id=5943
bwoollia is offline Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Nov 08, 2011, 10:39 AM
Track clear , smoke on !
3 miles from AMA HQ Muncie, IN.
Joined Jan 2009
1,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasClouds View Post
How do you like that Turnigy BLS tail servo?
Works great for me , super fast and is the same as my other MKS brushless servos just about half the price. I'm not a 3D stick banger just fly scale so it's probably a little overkill for me but I find a fast tail servo seems to work better.
cap231ex is offline Find More Posts by cap231ex
Old Nov 08, 2011, 03:22 PM
Atleast It's in one piece
United Kingdom, North Weald Bassett
Joined Nov 2008
408 Posts
Hi Guys

Just a couple of questions Iíve completed the install and set-up but when I operate the elevator or aileron, the servos move at about the speed I expect but return to centre much more slowly also when I tilt the heli onto its side or nose the servo react as expected and if I hold it at an angle the swash plate slowly returns to level in respect to the main shaft are these characteristics normal?

Arcright
Arcright is offline Find More Posts by Arcright
Old Nov 08, 2011, 03:37 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,890 Posts
Hi Arcright. Yes the slow cyclic return to center is quite normal. Collective is the only one that reacts instantly to the stick position returning to center.
Old Nov 08, 2011, 03:53 PM
Atleast It's in one piece
United Kingdom, North Weald Bassett
Joined Nov 2008
408 Posts
Hi Beenflying

Thanks for the advice I think I may have to go back and check function 4 servo limits, I did as iflyraptor suggested and I may have reduced the total movement and after I reduced the pitch curves with out disabling the control loops.

Arcright
Arcright is offline Find More Posts by Arcright
Old Nov 08, 2011, 03:55 PM
United States, MD
Joined Jan 2010
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post
Hi Terry,

I am TERRIBLE at it in general but have been successful in the 10 step setups like the GY520.

I will put you on the spot and ask you in front of GOD and everyone if you are the sort to lend a hand if necessary??

I too have the CX in route but alas I would like to get this setup and see what's doin'!

Brian

Brian,

No problem. I will tell you what I did, but it seems everyone has a different way of approaching these things. The biggest thing is to start. Wire up the unit to the receiver, but not the servos. This will give you all the LEDs working, but not mess up your servos.

Also, based on good advice from Allup, BE SURE you are using the correct stick for each action and each menu. I am so used to using the rudder stick, I started out thinking I was in one menu and I was in the other. One menu uses Aileron to navigate, the other Rudder. Also, since there is a factory default reset, you can't screw the thing up too bad. Just reset and start over.

What I did was read the Tarot manual about 4 times and the CopterX manual the same amount. Then I read the Raptor post several times. I found that detailed checklist good information, but I used the actual manual as the guide to follow. I had all three open on my system while I was doing the setup. Do make sure to unplug your motor!

Getting in the menus requires you to wait through the whole initialization sequence with the appropriate stick pushed full left or right. After the three lights flash together a while, it goes dark and then they start flashing in sequence real fast. That is when you release the stick. The little set button moves you through the menus after you get in. I used a tooth pick on it.

Follow the manual paying attention to the number of flashes of all three LEDs after you push the set button each time. This tells you where you are based on the left column of the manual. I was lost at first, then all of the sudden, it just made sense. They only flash one time, so count them and don't miss it. When they stop, you will have a red, yellow or blue LED flashing a number of flashes to tell you what the setting of that parameter is. Follow the manual. I noticed that I had to switch directions on the particular stick sometimes to get what I wanted. BTW, if you get lost, just unplug the battery and start over. You can go in as many times as you want and check and change the settings. Not like you have to get them all correct the first time, or any one time. Your changes are saved for each item when you press the set button. I still need to get my tail servo limits set after I put the tail on. The pitch range looks OK, but I have not measured it yet.

One thing that helps me is to have the flybarred head on and all setup first with the links correct and pitch range set, so when I drop the 4 blade head on, not as much adjustment is needed. Mainly just servo centering and collective range.

The best thing to do is just get in there. Just do not fly it until you are really sure all is well by watching the swash as you move it about and go through the menus after you are done a few more times checking all the settings.

I hope this helps.

Terry
exblade is offline Find More Posts by exblade
Old Nov 08, 2011, 04:03 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post
Hi Terry,

Brian
yep daunting is definately the word for it. I'm waiting for one of these pros to make a setup video of it, to see just how easy it is to setup, then i'll purchase a couple. good luck with it.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Nov 08, 2011, 04:46 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcright View Post
Hi Beenflying

Thanks for the advice I think I may have to go back and check function 4 servo limits, I did as iflyraptor suggested and I may have reduced the total movement and after I reduced the pitch curves with out disabling the control loops.

Arcright
Yeah, the servo limits are the one thing I find the biggest pain, without a program box.

As I've mentioned before they should only be used to stop servo binding, not to set cyclic range. But because the sticks are used to adjust the settings, you can't see what affect it's had on the limits until you exit program mode.

BTW, I got a nice reply from Infinity Hobby. There will be a program box, but they aren't sure when it will be available. They just said to watch their site.
Old Nov 08, 2011, 05:04 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exblade View Post
Brian,

No problem. I will tell you what I did, but it seems everyone has a different way of approaching these things. The biggest thing is to start. Wire up the unit to the receiver, but not the servos. This will give you all the LEDs working, but not mess up your servos.

Also, based on good advice from Allup, BE SURE you are using the correct stick for each action and each menu. I am so used to using the rudder stick, I started out thinking I was in one menu and I was in the other. One menu uses Aileron to navigate, the other Rudder. Also, since there is a factory default reset, you can't screw the thing up too bad. Just reset and start over.

What I did was read the Tarot manual about 4 times and the CopterX manual the same amount. Then I read the Raptor post several times. I found that detailed checklist good information, but I used the actual manual as the guide to follow. I had all three open on my system while I was doing the setup. Do make sure to unplug your motor!

Getting in the menus requires you to wait through the whole initialization sequence with the appropriate stick pushed full left or right. After the three lights flash together a while, it goes dark and then they start flashing in sequence real fast. That is when you release the stick. The little set button moves you through the menus after you get in. I used a tooth pick on it.

Follow the manual paying attention to the number of flashes of all three LEDs after you push the set button each time. This tells you where you are based on the left column of the manual. I was lost at first, then all of the sudden, it just made sense. They only flash one time, so count them and don't miss it. When they stop, you will have a red, yellow or blue LED flashing a number of flashes to tell you what the setting of that parameter is. Follow the manual. I noticed that I had to switch directions on the particular stick sometimes to get what I wanted. BTW, if you get lost, just unplug the battery and start over. You can go in as many times as you want and check and change the settings. Not like you have to get them all correct the first time, or any one time. Your changes are saved for each item when you press the set button. I still need to get my tail servo limits set after I put the tail on. The pitch range looks OK, but I have not measured it yet.

One thing that helps me is to have the flybarred head on and all setup first with the links correct and pitch range set, so when I drop the 4 blade head on, not as much adjustment is needed. Mainly just servo centering and collective range.

The best thing to do is just get in there. Just do not fly it until you are really sure all is well by watching the swash as you move it about and go through the menus after you are done a few more times checking all the settings.

I hope this helps.

Terry

Terry,

Those are GREAT impressions!

I have literally read both manuals and the 42 point check and will have all on the table when I attack the actual programming!

Many, many thanx for taking the time to post!

b
rikybob is online now Find More Posts by rikybob
Old Nov 09, 2011, 12:02 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllSpunUp View Post
Its going to program it, Im sure of it!.....Just waiting a couple days for it to get here.
Sorry, it's a no go. The CopterX program box only works with the CopterX gyros.