Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
[still on order wayne

Today got to chop more firewood
Then clean up work area for rc planes to get ready for new build

Het dad long time no read your posts

QUOTE=waynemia;22808213]Should be 90% glow tomorrow I think. I might have to fly a wing.

David - how about that Easy Star?
I ordered one yesterday and expect to get it by Thursday.

Are you thinking of using one of these adjsutable mounts?

Easy Star Mount
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:27 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Daniel has been busy. New Truck, flying fire spotters, and now going to Reno for his Birthday.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:31 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,499 Posts
Yo DR.

Nate, nice work out with the Slick, looks like you are getting things dialed in. It takes time to get everything just right, but then it just works. Protec at AMain has came out with a lot of nice stuff. I just got a peek as some servos they are testing and they are sweet.

Wayne, nice bit of video work. That large fence / build structure looks like it is asking for a plane to run into it.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:04 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
DR...........welcome back.
Thaks dude...new position realy threw me into a s***storm

...and thanks kids, one and all. City administrator decided it was time to make a change in the Directors position (Utilities) He asked the Public Works Director if he wanted it and got a resounding "no". He asked me if I wanted it and I said "no" , but I was willing to step in and clean up the mess for the good of the city. (he was relieved cause he had his ass in a jam)

Eight months the other guys had it.......and it was a DISASTER. Two months now and Im just getting rid of the anxiety

Been working from about 6 to 5 and 8 days a week no matter what

Then they decided to spray for mosquitos recently

.....ends up Im the only guy in the county licensed to spray .......but that night and day thing about killed me. Took about 4 extra hours in the evening so it was 6am to midnight. (Im too old to do many of those any more!)

Things are getting better fast now. I actually mowed the field this week. Time loosening up and its cooling off down here so its obviously time to be thinkin about some serious flyin
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Last edited by Dad_Roman; Sep 23, 2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:15 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Thanks Wayne for the the report about daniel. Sounds like he's doing alot of flying.
Nate that PTE sounds really strong swinging that prop. I'm glad it's working out for you.
Well I'm in trouble again.
Momma has discovered some oil/gas spots on the carpet. Now I've really got to go over the green machine and find out just where the problem is. I'm really leaning to moving back out to the property. For what we're paying in rent we could build a house out there. There is just no way momma will move back into that trailer now that I got her here in the apt.
It seems as if our winds have laid back and it should be a twisted sunday. Speaking of which my twist fuse and muffler are in. O boy
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:20 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
DR I'm so glad to see you posting.
It's also great to see how your helping out so much in your community. Spraying for skeeters is very important and even more so now with the west nile virus.
City gov work can be a real pain but I'm glad you stepped up to the plate. Now if the new guy can only continue it.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:55 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Good to see you Shane!!!

I just spoke to a couple of our old buddies, Balsabuster, big K and Waay. Dan, (Waay) has agreed to sell my old racer back to me!!! They have moved into the EF-1 electric racing now (as you've seen from Bill Martin's posts) and he has no use for it now, neither do I but it'll still be fun to have back in the hangar!! It was great to talk to those guys again, they are all doing well.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:00 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,799 Posts
Thanks gents.....

Good deal plowee....we for SURE need to get together this fall season
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:02 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Now if the new guy can only continue it.
Thanks

If yer talkin bout me.....I got it

If yer talkin bout the other guy, he is now Head Supervisor in charge of all Weedeater Operations
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:44 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,451 Posts
Two more wood ducks (males) and one hugeass hole in my chest waders ........came home to a warm shower and the thickest sweater I have! Cold, raining, and windy for days and days now!!! From 80 degrees to forty in one week!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:21 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O DR I thought you were just fillin in
Snowy looks like I came at the right time and for sure didn't come up this week. I do not like cold, wet and windy said sam I am.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:05 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,875 Posts
interesting mounts, thanks for that link

when I get the plane i will see what to use

it comes with folding prop and spinner so hope to use that

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I ordered one yesterday and expect to get it by Thursday.

Are you thinking of using one of these adjsutable mounts?

Easy Star Mount
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:29 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Went to KFC to get a bucket of grilled chicken, after I ordered I realized I forgot my wallet!! I had to call my wife to bring me some money. Then I was going to pull into a spot to wait for her and I backed into a guy who was just coming around after placing his order!! No damage to his car but I now have to bolt indentations in my plastic bumper. Now I suppose the Saints will lose!! If that happens I refuse to maiden my new Sabre today!! All I have left to do is install the engine and tank and she's ready to go.
What do you guys think? Wait for another day?
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:40 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Went to KFC to get a bucket of grilled chicken, after I ordered I realized I forgot my wallet!! I had to call my wife to bring me some money. Then I was going to pull into a spot to wait for her and I backed into a guy who was just coming around after placing his order!! No damage to his car but I now have to bolt indentations in my plastic bumper. Now I suppose the Saints will lose!! If that happens I refuse to maiden my new Sabre today!! All I have left to do is install the engine and tank and she's ready to go.
What do you guys think? Wait for another day?
The signs are not in your favor... However, our Club Tres left his house to fly, went to get gas and had forgot his wallet. He went back home, picked it up and still flew..... You were lucky in the fact the other guy had no claim against you....

KFC... Really.... They still make chicken?
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 23, 2012, 05:44 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
interesting mounts, thanks for that link

when I get the plane i will see what to use

it comes with folding prop and spinner so hope to use that
Some are using a lower KV and bigger prop. So the mount is adjustable.

Well, nearly 100 again today. I thought that was over.

Tag team buddy boxing with two guys today. I don't remember if it was 6 or 8 flights.

Worked on a couple engines.

Two flights on the Kadet. I put a 15x4W on and now have 9.5 lbs of thrust. The three blade was about 8.2lbs. The 15x4W has about 800rpm faster than the three blade so it is not apples to apples. Anyway, the kadet now has unlimited vertical.

I did a parachute drop. Three kids walked out from a near by house so they got to catch it. I also did a nerf ball drop and a crepe streamer drop. I missed the runway a bit on the football. Never expected the streamer to land on the field. I thread the end of the crepe paper streamer through a 5 or 6 inch prop and tie a knot. I put the roll of paper in the bomb box and then the prop. When released, the prop spins and twists the streamer. It looks neat.

We had 1 to 2 mph wind. It was from the North and 2 minutes later, it was from the South. There was some confusion on the flight pattern.

I painted a spot landing box on the field for practice. I hit it on the first try with the Kadet.

We had a big turnout too.
Last edited by waynemia; Sep 23, 2012 at 05:59 PM.