SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 06, 2013, 12:49 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,909 Posts
Discussion
HiTec 'Weekender Warbirds" P-51 Mustang, Corsair and Hurricane!

Anyone seen these? Found no reference anywhere on RCG, it's another Mustang, yeah, but look at it, it's small but looks like the real bird ( unlike many others)

Nice eh? They do a Corsair and Hurricane too.

Anyone already have one?

http://hitecrcd.com/products/airplan...arbird/product.

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Last edited by Matt Halton; Jan 25, 2014 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Thread name, added info.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2013, 02:05 PM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,934 Posts
I spotted them on the Tower Hobbies site, all three are listed as "order pending." I've set up to get an email notice when they come in stock--I've got my eye on the Hurricane, in particular. They look promising!
GradyLee is offline Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old Dec 06, 2013, 04:55 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,498 Posts
Way cheaper then Horizon's. I wonder if the motor will fall out.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Dec 06, 2013, 05:00 PM
Throttle Bender
Joined Jun 2008
1,273 Posts
The Hurricane looks like a rehash of one that Easytiger was selling. Hmmm, tough choice, for that kind of money I could have two Funfighters that go 100mph or one modified one that could go over 130. Or an overpriced product that runs on 2s. For a little more I could have a Durafly or RocHobby with retracts and flaps. These planes are almost as overpriced as the Eflite Mustang 280.
merlinfan is offline Find More Posts by merlinfan
Old Dec 06, 2013, 05:26 PM
Joined Oct 2007
376 Posts
If thats your agenda so be it. I have two of the eflite mustangs and rather enjoy it. I see no value in any of the funfighter planes. Why do i need a 20" span joke of a replica fighter that goes a scale speed over mach 1?
jayxer is offline Find More Posts by jayxer
Old Dec 06, 2013, 07:10 PM
Throttle Bender
Joined Jun 2008
1,273 Posts
I must have been feeling grumpy, just seems like Hitec/Multiplex are overpriced. Good planes but just to spensive. However just like "bigger flies better" faster produces more scale like turns. Not talking about yank and bank that no human could stay conscious for but level turns of up to 75 80 degrees of bank. No matter what scale, higher true airspeed causes the turn radius to increase and the rate of turn to decrease. A small Mustang going 40mph has a very unscale like rate of turn with too tight a radius. A fun fighter going at a scale speed of 1800mph exhibits a very scale looking wide turn in a steep bank. Thats where the fun part is for me. My P39 Funfighter looks pretty scale. My Precious Metal went 115mph on the stock motor and no one complained about unscale profile. That's under a buck per MPH. But you can't fly one in your back yard.

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...ious%20top.jpg
Old Dec 06, 2013, 07:15 PM
Throttle Bender
Joined Jun 2008
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayxer View Post
If thats your agenda so be it. I have two of the eflite mustangs and rather enjoy it. I see no value in any of the funfighter planes. Why do i need a 20" span joke of a replica fighter that goes a scale speed over mach 1?
Actually over Mach 2.
Old Dec 06, 2013, 10:15 PM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyLee View Post
I spotted them on the Tower Hobbies site, all three are listed as "order pending." I've set up to get an email notice when they come in stock--I've got my eye on the Hurricane, in particular. They look promising!

The 'Order Pending' may mean Hitec have them but are waiting for Tower to place an order. Here is what Mike Mayberry posted to my question concerning the availability of a tray for the A9 or A9X.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=104

When I placed an order for the tray, the Towers 'Order Pending' went to 'On Order'. After the tray came in and was sent to my LHS the status went back to 'Order Pending'.

Now, the big question would be if Hitec actually have the planes to deliver. I would suggest that any who want the plane to go ahead and place the order with Towers.

EDIT: I have looked at the Tower site for the Hitec Warbirds, they now say Mid December. Place those orders!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...anes&search=Go
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2013, 10:25 PM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfan View Post
These planes are almost as overpriced as the Eflite Mustang 280.
Price I am afraid, is alway subjective and relative only to the buyer. These warbirds come with installed servos, motor and ESC. The price of $119 is not that out of line.

http://hitecrcd.com/products/airplan...arbird/product

For me the $119 is acceptable as long as I do not need to do modifications to make the plane safe or to fly 'better'. Of course, the modeler in me usually can't resist changing something.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2013, 11:13 AM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,949 Posts
Looks like the same planes NP sells in the Airfield line

http://www.nitroplanes.com/95a359-80...-camo-arf.html
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Dec 07, 2013, 11:15 AM
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,949 Posts
Hitec/Multiplex are always more money then other companies
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Dec 08, 2013, 05:48 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemynameis View Post
Looks like the same planes NP sells in the Airfield line

http://www.nitroplanes.com/95a359-80...-camo-arf.html

Looks like it is! Nice little models, good to see the attention to scale accuracy these days.
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Dec 23, 2013, 08:32 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,937 Posts
It looks like they're all in stock.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...C%2Fb%3Ekender

Are these really just Airfield airframes? How about the electronics?
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Jan 24, 2014, 09:12 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,660 Posts
My buddy just got the Corsair.. We shot some studio photos of it today. Also should have photos of the Hurricane soon.

Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:37 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,660 Posts
And one of the Hurricane now. I assembled it this morning ... took about 30-60 minutes, not counting time to shoot photos.

Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member