SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 07, 2014, 01:47 PM
United States, KY, Madisonville
Joined Mar 2011
544 Posts
Lwc

Does the throttle wire go beside or under LWC?
Bugbitten is online now Find More Posts by Bugbitten
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: launch elevator
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:08 PM
United States, TN, Dyersburg
Joined Mar 2011
175 Posts
Where ever you want it. No moving parts in there.
I put mine in first and then slapped the LWC in there on top of it. Oh, and I cussed the screws for about 30 minutes before I magnetized my ball driver. Mostly at the front two screws. I made new cusswords, evil and vile cusswords. I may be going to a new realm of hell cusswords.
sarlacc is offline Find More Posts by sarlacc
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:18 PM
United States, IN, Hobart
Joined Dec 2012
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_randy View Post
When I can get some help I will check mine again It is hard to hold the plane work the TX and read the watts meter all at the same time LOL
Yes i understand, not sure if your meter will do this but its worth a try. After u run motor up, unplug from ESC side, keep batt. and meter pluged in. Now u can pull batt, and meter away from plane and and all max readings will still be displayed till u unplug
ka9fax is offline Find More Posts by ka9fax
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:34 PM
Just Plane Nuts
USA, NC, Southern Pines
Joined Dec 2008
390 Posts
I think I got 59 amps on the stock prop with a 6S5000 45C pack. Close to the ESC limit, but as I remember this ESC is 'supposed' to take 70 A or more for 15 seconds. I cut the switch off my ESC after reading all the horror stories - but no recent comments about ESC failure problems ?
Louierc is offline Find More Posts by Louierc
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:56 PM
United States, MT, Eureka
Joined Oct 2013
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka9fax View Post
Yes i understand, not sure if your meter will do this but its worth a try. After u run motor up, unplug from ESC side, keep batt. and meter pluged in. Now u can pull batt, and meter away from plane and and all max readings will still be displayed till u unplug
Got the wife to give me a hand. the batteries I have are Uiti-Power 30C 5200 dont know much about these batteries other than they are new and I have been getting 14 min flight times just general flying. but still only 50.87 amps 1214 watts. I will try and post a pic of battery. The CZC will do all the tricks is slow pulling out of a hover but it will do it. The plane fly's great.
rc_randy is online now Find More Posts by rc_randy
Last edited by rc_randy; Mar 07, 2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:31 PM
Just Plane Nuts
USA, NC, Southern Pines
Joined Dec 2008
390 Posts
Landing Gear - a fellow CZC owner says his LG slot on the bottom of the fuse is wearing out. I can see that inside the gray plastic insert there is a slot for the big LG wire and the top of the wire loop extends beyond the plastic into thin air. I can see that a lot of LG movement may cause this area to fail, split or tear out of the foam. While I haven't looked inside, apparently you cannot get to this area to beef it up.

Anybody seen any problems with the stock LG mounting ?
Louierc is offline Find More Posts by Louierc
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:35 PM
Tree hopper
United States, TN, Dresden
Joined Sep 2013
2,896 Posts
Mxcop has posted about that. Might look at that
gabe221 is offline Find More Posts by gabe221
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Ss
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:52 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugbitten View Post
Does the throttle wire go beside or under LWC?
Add a piece of tape to the connection between the ESC and extension. Position under LWC. don't pinch any wires and then install the screws.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:53 PM
United States, MI, Parchment
Joined May 2004
1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louierc View Post
Landing Gear - a fellow CZC owner says his LG slot on the bottom of the fuse is wearing out. I can see that inside the gray plastic insert there is a slot for the big LG wire and the top of the wire loop extends beyond the plastic into thin air. I can see that a lot of LG movement may cause this area to fail, split or tear out of the foam. While I haven't looked inside, apparently you cannot get to this area to beef it up.

Haven't had problems with mine yet, but I have less than 20 flights. Wonder if you were careful if you could use one of the micro applicators to coat the foam in that area. Might make it a little tougher?
Sideslip is offline Find More Posts by Sideslip
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:53 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,425 Posts
Quote:

Not yet, but if I did I just install a piece a 3M Xtreme tape.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:55 PM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Mar 2009
19 Posts
Some pics of mine
jconk is offline Find More Posts by jconk
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:57 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_randy View Post
Got the wife to give me a hand. the batteries I have are Uiti-Power 30C 5200 dont know much about these batteries other than they are new and I have been getting 14 min flight times just general flying. but still only 50.87 amps 1214 watts. I will try and post a pic of battery. The CZC will do all the tricks is slow pulling out of a hover but it will do it. The plane fly's great.
It is probably variation.

That is variation in C rating. You bought 30C and you might have ended up with 25C.

Or, you watt meter is not accurate. None of these hobby watt meters are calibrated instruments.

I haven't searched if you are running a Talon 90 or stock ESC. If a Talon 90 you need to set throttle range as part of the start up sequence. It is in the instructions.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2014, 04:04 PM
Living The Dream in Bris Vegas
Joined Oct 2010
400 Posts
Struts..

On mine, one strut was quite obviously bowed when installed .actually lifting the wing and causing the plane to bank in that direction. I took both struts off and compared them and the holes were drilled in physically different locations...I elongated the hole to suite and back filled with JB weld ( gotta love that stuff). all good.
ohaussie is offline Find More Posts by ohaussie
Old Mar 07, 2014, 04:08 PM
Joined Mar 2009
19 Posts
Quote:

That was me & to be fair i was flying in 20 mph winds.
i took it up high, pulled the flaps to the mid position & chopped the throttle. The thing did a elevator almost straight down with no wing rock. It was a thing of beauty. Unfortunatly i was a little slow getting back on the throttle so the landing was a little rough. On the next flight i flew too long & it went to the lvc on the downwind leg. Just as it was about to touch down a cross wind caught it & it landed pretty hard on the right wheel.(It bent the lg back a couple inches on the right side) Between those 2 landings it was too much. My fault, i shouldn`t have been flying in those winds.
conk
Old Mar 07, 2014, 04:11 PM
Joined Mar 2009
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaussie View Post
On mine, one strut was quite obviously bowed when installed .actually lifting the wing and causing the plane to bank in that direction. I took both struts off and compared them and the holes were drilled in physically different locations...I elongated the hole to suite and back filled with JB weld ( gotta love that stuff). all good.
Both of my struts need to be pulled away from the fuse to put the pins in but the wings drooped & with the pins in i have a little dihedral.