HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:10 AM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
whattaya think about this GWS prop EP7035 7x3.5 ?

stock is 6.8x3

might be what I need for high altitude flying
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:17 AM
Joined Dec 2007
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Seth View Post

Hope this helps.

Seth Arnold
Horizon Hobby.
Seth, do you have any word about a PnP or an ARTF version coming up in the future? The €160 price tag for the BnF basic is a bit steep up front cost for many..
McMoron is offline Find More Posts by McMoron
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:47 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMoron View Post
Seth, do you have any word about a PnP or an ARTF version coming up in the future? The €160 price tag for the BnF basic is a bit steep up front cost for many..
I'm way more interested by any clues into what Seth is currently working on! This is a nice 3d airplane, but you need a very large indoor venue if you want to fly it indoor. So Seth, are you working on something to replace the Extra 300 3D or not, we need it NOW! C'mon, spill the beans!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:11 AM
Joined Dec 2007
530 Posts
QQ presenting the plane:

HorizonHobby.com On the Horizon 10-25-12 (19 min 38 sec)

You can jump directly to QQ here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...TjNZ-IjU#t=67s
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:17 AM
Medellín, Colombia
Joined Apr 2010
327 Posts
a bit big for my taste
chulian1819 is offline Find More Posts by chulian1819
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:23 AM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,545 Posts
Subbed!

Any word on the release date? I thought I saw a Nov date, but don't see anything now.
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:23 AM
USA, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2007
933 Posts
This looks like the perfect baseball/soccer field aerobatic plane! The 3S power will rock for a plane this size.
7rider is online now Find More Posts by 7rider
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:38 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Seth View Post
Differential is very important for aerobatic airplanes. Some need it, others don't. Differential simply means that you have less aileron travel in one direction than in the other. This helps make the model roll more axial. The model should roll around an imaginary string through the fuselage and out the spinner. If the model looks as though it rolls around the canopy, or rolls around the landing gear, its likely that you have a differential problem. Many times, it is that you have differential, and don't need it, but there are a few cases where you do need to add some differential. Edges generally need a little to make it roll the straightest. If you don't think this is a big deal to you, the airplane will fly fine without it. Just flies a bit better with it.

Hope this helps.

Seth Arnold
Horizon Hobby.
Thank you Seth for the reply. I have the sbach and various other planes and never noticed the behaviour of off rolls that differential helps. Never used it. I guess when I fly my V1 sbach I will pay attention and see if I would use it.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:42 AM
Joined Dec 2007
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulian1819 View Post
a bit big for my taste
It sits perfectly between the Sbach and the PZ Extra300. Looking at the video and the presentation, if you are willing to sacrifice some top speed and flight time, you might be able to push the AUW down under 200g, that would probably make it fairly floaty.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:52 AM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,164 Posts
I have and flown the E flite 300 size Zero,, its almost exactly same size and weight as this one,, except it flys on 2S not 3S ,, I can tell you on 2S it flys pretty good, about 1:1 power to weight ratio,,, so on 3S should have plenty of power,, and as to wind,,, I've flown it and V2 Sbach with ASX side by side ,,, in a 10 mph wind they both do about the same IMHO,, and in a 15-20mph wind the Sbach with ASX does a little better of course. But ,,,,, it maybe just my imagination,, but I think the Zero feels just a tiny bit smoother on the controls than the Sbach ,,, but maybe that's just it's higher Wingloading . But bottom line is based on my experience with the zero on 2S ,, which is same size and weight as this one and with same receiver and servos as this one, and considering this edge will prob have slightly more wing area and less drag than zero ,, AND edge is running on 3S instead of 2S this edge should be a winner!!! I've radar clocked my Zero at 45mph on 2S,,, so this edge should be even faster!!! NICE!!
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:57 AM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,026 Posts
it even has a wing tube and a 2 pc. wing! That is just to cool. I wonder if it comes with wing bags?
edge_pilot is offline Find More Posts by edge_pilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My 2 favorite everyday flyers!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:58 AM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
I don't care for the 25c Nano packs

these look good!
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=25505
I've never used the Zippys before,,, do you think they hold up as well as the nano techs??? And do you think the slightly higher C rating will make that much of a difference???? I don't have enough experience with these little batteries to know
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:01 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_pilot View Post
it even has a wing tube and a 2 pc. wing! That is just to cool. I wonder if it comes with wing bags?
We could always make some. :-),,,,,,,,, imagine how funny it'd look,,,, I show up at the field where all the guys fly the big wood 3D planes,,,, then I pull out of the car the tiny wing bags and assemble the little foam edge. :-)
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:10 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_pilot View Post
Bwahahahahaha!!! That would be classic!!
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:11 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
Seth, i stand corrected
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower