SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:04 AM
Australia, TAS
Joined Oct 2011
5 Posts
Discussion
SKY-706 Channel 4 not working with PC.

Hi all,
I recently bought a Skyartec Cessna 182 (Sep, 2011 model I believe) that came with the SKY-706 transmitter.

I was using it with FMS before upgrading to ClearView and everything seems perfectly fine except for two things. First is that channel 4 which is the rudder (mode 1) for me doesn't appear to function what-so-ever with my computer. When I set it to mode 2 the same channel became ailerons and ceased to function, while the rudder, now on the right was working.

Under the Microsoft game controllers where it is displayed as VK-U none of the axis or rotation bars move when moving the stick left and right, although as I mentioned all of the other controls move as they should.

Second problem is less important and I don't see how it could be fixed but I might as well ask. When the throttle is completely off in ClearView it changes to the maximum, I think this is because with the real aircraft the motor is turned off and the computer can't recognize this.

My computer specs are; Windows XP Service Pack 3, 3.21 Ghz Phenom II,
2GB RAM, Radeon HD 5700.

Thanks,
Jack.
Howling Jackal is offline Find More Posts by Howling Jackal
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:26 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Sep 2011
41 Posts

she does great for her very first flight.
ians mustang is offline Find More Posts by ians mustang
Last edited by ians mustang; Oct 30, 2011 at 01:03 AM. Reason: sorry
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:27 PM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling Jackal View Post
Hi all,
I recently bought a Skyartec Cessna 182 (Sep, 2011 model I believe) that came with the SKY-706 transmitter.

I was using it with FMS before upgrading to ClearView and everything seems perfectly fine except for two things. First is that channel 4 which is the rudder (mode 1) for me doesn't appear to function what-so-ever with my computer. When I set it to mode 2 the same channel became ailerons and ceased to function, while the rudder, now on the right was working.

Under the Microsoft game controllers where it is displayed as VK-U none of the axis or rotation bars move when moving the stick left and right, although as I mentioned all of the other controls move as they should.

Second problem is less important and I don't see how it could be fixed but I might as well ask. When the throttle is completely off in ClearView it changes to the maximum, I think this is because with the real aircraft the motor is turned off and the computer can't recognize this.

My computer specs are; Windows XP Service Pack 3, 3.21 Ghz Phenom II,
2GB RAM, Radeon HD 5700.

Thanks,
Jack.
If the Transmitter Controls work on the actual Model but not in the game controller, you might only have the issue with the USB Cable were it plugs into the transmitter. I have seen a few with a broken wire. You might want to have it checked out by your dealer, as this behavior does not sound normal

Regards
Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 07, 2011, 12:29 AM
Australia, TAS
Joined Oct 2011
5 Posts
Well it's been almost ten days since I sent a message to the seller (ebay) so I presume I won't be getting a replacement.
Can I purchase this a cable on its own or is it something that is generally unsold?

Thanks.
Howling Jackal is offline Find More Posts by Howling Jackal
Last edited by Howling Jackal; Nov 07, 2011 at 12:29 AM. Reason: typo
Old Nov 08, 2011, 12:34 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling Jackal View Post
Well it's been almost ten days since I sent a message to the seller (ebay) so I presume I won't be getting a replacement.
Can I purchase this a cable on its own or is it something that is generally unsold?

Thanks.
Contact me offline, NOT here in private message, and we can arrange something for you.

regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor