HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:16 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
1,845 Posts
Anyone here ever flew skyangel 35mm nano size t-45? and is it as easy to fly as 50mm t-45? they are only $50 and was thinking of getting one..thax
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:23 PM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
Anyone here ever flew skyangel 35mm nano size t-45? and is it as easy to fly as 50mm t-45? they are only $50 and was thinking of getting one..thax
There are a few examples in the 35mm Jpower thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1452474
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:04 PM
Registered User
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
I just got the venom branded 50mm MIG 15. EDF was sounding like it was vibrating but it's my first EDF so I figured I'd throw it up. Flew threw 1/2 a pack over the weekend no problem, then took it out today and 20 seconds into my first battery it pooped the fan out the tail. The field I was flying at does have a lot of flies etc buzzing around, but would that easily blow the fan out of one of these? It hasn't even flown more than a few minutes in total and the fan is toast, I may just bring it back but I really like this airframe and size... UGH.

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:56 PM
Augermeister
dahawk47's Avatar
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,670 Posts
Toysonics has replacement fans. I just got 3 of them. It happens...

-Hawk
dahawk47 is offline Find More Posts by dahawk47
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:06 PM
efflux RC's Avatar
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all View Post
I just got the venom branded 50mm MIG 15. EDF was sounding like it was vibrating but it's my first EDF so I figured I'd throw it up. Flew threw 1/2 a pack over the weekend no problem, then took it out today and 20 seconds into my first battery it pooped the fan out the tail. The field I was flying at does have a lot of flies etc buzzing around, but would that easily blow the fan out of one of these? It hasn't even flown more than a few minutes in total and the fan is toast, I may just bring it back but I really like this airframe and size... UGH.

Tom
The rotor grenaded?

Try a better quality 50mm EDF in it. The rotors are prebalanced, but balancing the entire unit after assy makes it even smoother.
Assy and balancing is available.
http://www.effluxrc.com/WeMoTec-Micro-Fan-MCP50.htm

We have 3s and 4s motors as well.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:26 AM
Nasir Khan
Australia, NSW, Fairfield
Joined Feb 2009
323 Posts
subcribed
subhan.nasir is offline Find More Posts by subhan.nasir
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:39 AM
Registered User
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
The rotor grenaded?

Try a better quality 50mm EDF in it. The rotors are prebalanced, but balancing the entire unit after assy makes it even smoother.
Assy and balancing is available.
http://www.effluxrc.com/WeMoTec-Micro-Fan-MCP50.htm

We have 3s and 4s motors as well.
What would be a good drop in replacement for the stock ESC and setup? I don't need super duper rocket performance right now, but I might be convinced to upgrade to something that doesn't evaporate on the second flight. I'm flying 3S 1300mah in the MIG15, that's the biggest battery that will fit and I have boatloads of them lying around, so I'd like to stick to that...

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:55 AM
Has Sloped Off
dav3uk's Avatar
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,294 Posts
Hi all flew my F9F today with a tube insert in the tailpipe. i made it from a Muller yoghurt pot and made the final diameter about 6mm less than the orig. Stuck the tube in and sealed the tail end with silicone and let it dry. Weather was real good today so took her to a local beach, the tide rises and falls 40 feet here and the beaches go from no sand to 1/2 mile of sand every six hours. It ran really well and pulled much better. Where I would have been 2/3 throttle plus most of time I can now cruise easy at 1/3 to a 1/2.

Cost nothing to do and has had a nice positive effect......I like that.....lol

Flying on the beach was great as it was deserted and away from houses so could let it rip....

Using 800mah lipos I did have the timer at 4 mins but because I can now run at lower throttle have increased that to 5 1/2 now.

Dave
dav3uk is offline Find More Posts by dav3uk
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:25 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
1,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav3uk View Post
Hi all flew my F9F today with a tube insert in the tailpipe. i made it from a Muller yoghurt pot and made the final diameter about 6mm less than the orig. Stuck the tube in and sealed the tail end with silicone and let it dry. Weather was real good today so took her to a local beach, the tide rises and falls 40 feet here and the beaches go from no sand to 1/2 mile of sand every six hours. It ran really well and pulled much better. Where I would have been 2/3 throttle plus most of time I can now cruise easy at 1/3 to a 1/2.

Cost nothing to do and has had a nice positive effect......I like that.....lol

Flying on the beach was great as it was deserted and away from houses so could let it rip....

Using 800mah lipos I did have the timer at 4 mins but because I can now run at lower throttle have increased that to 5 1/2 now.

Dave
Cool Dave i have f4f also...could u post picture or ur mod..i may try it out..thx
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:39 PM
Has Sloped Off
dav3uk's Avatar
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,294 Posts
Here you go.......
dav3uk is offline Find More Posts by dav3uk
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:11 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
1,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav3uk View Post
Here you go.......
And is this extra thickness go right up flush to edf housing? its hard to believe this adds performance,but i am new to edf's,so i have a lot to learn..thax for pic's
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:49 PM
Has Sloped Off
dav3uk's Avatar
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,294 Posts
no the inset is only about 60mm long and goes from the original 50mm diameter to about 44mm diameter at the very end.

Dave
dav3uk is offline Find More Posts by dav3uk
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:01 AM
Registered User
Rc247's Avatar
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined May 2009
504 Posts
Leaning towards either the F-35 or the F-22. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Subscribed!
Rc247 is offline Find More Posts by Rc247
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:08 AM
efflux RC's Avatar
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all View Post
What would be a good drop in replacement for the stock ESC and setup? I don't need super duper rocket performance right now, but I might be convinced to upgrade to something that doesn't evaporate on the second flight. I'm flying 3S 1300mah in the MIG15, that's the biggest battery that will fit and I have boatloads of them lying around, so I'd like to stick to that...

Tom
Were running the 6000kv motor with a 30A ESC and a 3s, 1300mAh lipo. (in a MIG 15. )
It's pretty fast.

MOTOR:
http://www.effluxrc.com/HET-240-15-6...40-15-6000.htm

EDF:
http://www.effluxrc.com/WeMoTec-Micro-Fan-MCP50.htm
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:02 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
1,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav3uk View Post
no the inset is only about 60mm long and goes from the original 50mm diameter to about 44mm diameter at the very end.

Dave
So u must have pretty large space from back of EDF to where your yogert cup starts...So this Y-cup is tapered and where it is closest to fan it fits in there tight... Okay i get it now...I never heard of mullet yogurt,but i will see what i can come up with... Do you actually get more thrust from this mod? is accelleration improved also? what about top speed is it higher then stock which i think is approx 70 mph....very cool if this is all you say and would work on other jets as well... thx
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Adelaide & SA flying & chat #2 Zootster Australia 20641 Today 05:04 PM
Help! Where can I buy Genkem Nova 27 in SA? MegaTesla South Africa 2 May 14, 2011 03:25 PM
Discussion SAL-SA Glider in Gobi dune romanticus Slope 11 Nov 30, 2010 10:40 PM
Question SA 2010-02 Castle ICE 100 "failed cut off" ?? LandCruiser Castle Creations 2 Oct 19, 2010 11:07 PM
T-33 Spring-air minis HW609 Derrek Curtis Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 3 Apr 25, 2001 03:42 PM