HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2010, 05:11 PM
I added lift to my stable!
Knoxville, TN
Joined Feb 2007
647 Posts
Discussion
New Radian Owner with a couple of questions . . .

Hi Guys,

I've read most of the numerous posts on the Radian and will be getting her in the air soon. Can anyone post detailed info on replacing the spinner and prop with the aluminum spinner and folding aeronaut prop from Esprit? I'm not sure how to get the factory spinner, prop etc. off. Also, What/ how do you guys use to reinforce the fuselage etc.? Best way to remove the factory stickers and prep for a rattlecan paint job?

Thanks in advance!

Tbird
tbird911 is offline Find More Posts by tbird911
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2010, 05:25 PM
Joined Oct 2007
665 Posts
I just used the Carbon tow method on mine to stiffen the fuse. Works great.
Carbon Beef Up On a Parkzone Radian (9 min 37 sec)
Turtle_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Turtle_Flyer
Old Jun 16, 2010, 09:41 PM
gwh
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Dec 1996
1,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird911 View Post
Can anyone post detailed info on replacing the spinner and prop with the aluminum spinner and folding aeronaut prop from Esprit? I'm not sure how to get the factory spinner, prop etc. off. Best way to remove the factory stickers and prep for a rattlecan paint job?

Thanks in advance!

Tbird

I would not bother replacing the prop. HH fixed the early prop problems but if you must...

1)Take out two phillips screws on front
2)Undo nut holding prop to adapter
3)Use 1.5mm allen wrench to loosen set screw holding Al prop adapter to the motor shaft

Decals pull off pretty easy without problems, clean with alcohol, mask and paint as desired
gwh is offline Find More Posts by gwh
Last edited by gwh; Jun 17, 2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 07:18 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,348 Posts
I am still flying the original prop and spinner after almost a year. Works fine.

You know there are HUGE threads on the Radian that have all the info you could ever want on this plane. Why not read, search, post in those threads?
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Jun 17, 2010, 12:53 PM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Feb 2007
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
I am still flying the original prop and spinner after almost a year. Works fine.

You know there are HUGE threads on the Radian that have all the info you could ever want on this plane. Why not read, search, post in those threads?
Great advice thanks!

One of my first statements, is that I have read almost every post/thread on the Radian. While your prop seems to have lasted and while I'm aware that the earlier versions were a known issue and reworked by the manufacturer, I still chose to replace/upgrade mine.

"Why not read my question and then either contribute something usefull or browse on?"

My original intent was not to beg to be enlightened and "bother" people who are too busy to reply, but actually engages some of those here that enthusiasticly discuss there modifications and methods to improve an already great plane.

Not trying to give a harsh response, but it really gets old when someone asks a question and is dusted off with either a "read/search" answer or a "just go fly."
Old Jun 17, 2010, 01:07 PM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,348 Posts
Sorry, If you had read all of those discussions then it makes no sense to me why you would ask the question here. You should already know the answer.

Was just trying to point you to the information you want.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 01:38 PM
Beaumont tx
Joined Oct 2004
3,738 Posts
Why do people ask questions and get all prickly at the answers?

howell
gwinhh is offline Find More Posts by gwinhh
Old Jun 17, 2010, 03:59 PM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Feb 2007
647 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, If you had read all of those discussions then it makes no sense to me why you would ask the question here. You should already know the answer.

Was just trying to point you to the information you want.
I get it . . . I one reads pages and pages of information, it's alot to take in. So after weeks of pouring through the stuff, you get bitten by the bug and decided to purchase the plane. Then rather than go back and re-read the entire thread . . .you ask a question. Some guy hops on and says "Thats what search is for . . .why didnt you read the thread ?" . . .

I know where the information I want is . . . I can go back and re-read all of it or maybe someone will jsut post the couple of specific answers to my question.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 04:02 PM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Feb 2007
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwinhh View Post
Why do people ask questions and get all prickly at the answers?

howell
Nice drive by . . . .

People please read my previous response and you'll see why people get prickly . . .

If the answer is slighty informative or at least conversational . . .people really dont usually get prickly

TB
Old Jun 18, 2010, 01:25 AM
London UK
Joined Jul 2004
2,530 Posts
Quote:
I get it . . . I one reads pages and pages of information, it's alot to take in. So after weeks of pouring through the stuff, you get bitten by the bug and decided to purchase the plane. Then rather than go back and re-read the entire thread . . .you ask a question. Some guy hops on and says "Thats what search is for . . .why didnt you read the thread ?" . . .

I know where the information I want is . . . I can go back and re-read all of it or maybe someone will jsut post the couple of specific answers to my question.
What I did was read through the main thread and copy and paste any good info into Notepad. Now I have a complete synopsis of all the important mods in one place which I can print out. Just waiting for the new batch of Radians to arrive in the UK now.

If you must ask the questions that have already been answered that you have read already then go post in the Electric glider thread you are more likely to get some answers there where the Radian guys lurk instead of bothering these guys who couldn't care less about Radians probably never even heard of them
Threshold is offline Find More Posts by Threshold
Old Jun 18, 2010, 03:07 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,348 Posts
Boy has this gotten out of hand.

tbird911, post whatever questions you like.

Ignore the answers you don't like and take the ones you do like.

No need to attack or insult people who are trying to help you.

Since my input is not welcome, will try to ignore your posts in the future. Should I forget and try to help you, please ignore my posts.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:40 AM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Feb 2007
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threshold View Post
What I did was read through the main thread and copy and paste any good info into Notepad. Now I have a complete synopsis of all the important mods in one place which I can print out. Just waiting for the new batch of Radians to arrive in the UK now.

If you must ask the questions that have already been answered that you have read already then go post in the Electric glider thread you are more likely to get some answers there where the Radian guys lurk instead of bothering these guys who couldn't care less about Radians probably never even heard of them

Great Idea . . . noted for the future . . . Thanks again.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:43 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Nice drive by . . . .

People please read my previous response and you'll see why people get prickly . . .

If the answer is slighty informative or at least conversational . . .people really dont usually get prickly

TB
TBird,

In life, there are people who just go through it with a sour attitude. Pay no mind to any examples demonstrated in this thread so far.

Chuck
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:49 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
If you'd like, you can also try a spinner from MultiPlex. Here's mine, outfitted with an AeroNaut folder prop. Perfect fit...

Chuck
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:51 AM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Feb 2007
647 Posts
Quote:
Boy has this gotten out of hand.

tbird911, post whatever questions you like.

Ignore the answers you don't like and take the ones you do like.

No need to attack or insult people who are trying to help you.

Since my input is not welcome, will try to ignore your posts in the future. Should I forget and try to help you, please ignore my posts.

I know that everyone is new to this hobby at sometime . . .after pouring over pages and pages of things that are sometimes foreign to us, sometimes a new guy will look for a "closing summary." That was the reason for my post.

What I dont get, is that nobody twisted your arm to respond. So , if you had nothing to add, other than to tell me to search for myself, why bother posting anything? I browse through I.T. forums where I am well credentialed and informed and I pass over hundreds of posts that seem trivial, insignificant or otherwise unappealing to me. I feel no need to post responses to threads just to up my count or puff my feathers.

I agree on one thing . . .this has gotten ridiculous. Can we make up and be friends? Or can you just do as you said and . . . move on?

Great idea . . .thanks!
Last edited by tbird911; Jun 18, 2010 at 07:00 AM.