HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2014, 09:21 PM
Joined Nov 2014
15 Posts
Discussion
JST-XH ballance connectors for eagle.

Hi everyone. I was wanting to build a board to go inside my charge bunker. I am sure that it has been done before however I could not find a decent library for JST-XH headers on eagle or online. So I made my own. It has 3-7 pins for 2-6cell lipos.

The pin spacing in 2.5mm, same as standard ballance headers. There are no surface mount or lie down packages.

The dimensions were taken from the datasheet found here:
http://www.jst-mfg.com/product/pdf/eng/eXH.pdf

The artwork and shapes are crude, but functional. Pin 1 is GND, Pin 2 is cell 1, Pin 3 Cell 3 and so on.

I know it's not the best, but my 1st attempt at an eagle library and it needs work! But I hope it can help someone else.

If you have any improvements don't hesitate to upload them .
RcPro97 is offline Find More Posts by RcPro97
Last edited by RcPro97; Dec 15, 2014 at 02:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:13 PM
Joined Nov 2014
15 Posts
Sorry I just realised the gird does not line up with the pins. Fixed.
RcPro97 is offline Find More Posts by RcPro97
Last edited by RcPro97; Dec 15, 2014 at 02:31 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 09:00 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
17,215 Posts
This page at Digi-Key will link you to a lot of good info on the various JST connectors, it is part of their online catalog:

http://www.digikey.com/Suppliers/us/JST.page?lang=en

Clicking on the "parts list" link for one of the families of connectors will take you to a page where you can scroll a list with thumbnail images and, from there, go on pages for single connectors. And there you will get very good datasheets and images for that part.

I have had very good luck with a very ordinary crimping tool for crimping the contacts on and building inline connectors or putting connectors on the ends of multi strand cables for attaching to sockets on PCBs.

And Digi-Key is also a good supplier for the smaller quantities that we hobbyists are usually looking for.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes