HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2014, 11:31 AM
Out of helis, sanity returning
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Feb 2009
2,142 Posts
Question
TopSky replacement wing

Anyone know where I can get a replacement wing for my TopSky DLG? I've posted to the classifieds, but nothing came up. Maybe there is somewhere that sells replacement parts? I hope....
2400RDR is online now Find More Posts by 2400RDR
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2014, 11:56 AM
Joined Apr 2009
1,091 Posts
There's been allot of talk lately about Top Sky retooling/regrouping/changing owners.....? Something's going on with'm.

I've got a T.Sky 2.0 (maybe 3, it has triailerons). Well, it HAD tri's, I epoxied them straight with the wing after a flutter indecent ripped the Kevlar hinge along with a couple bad spots in the aileron itself. Haven't repaired the aileron hinge yet, and don't know if I will. I may just get another Neo wing instead (it's a Neo fuse). If you're interested in repairing it, I'll probably sell it cheap.
Triggerhappy is offline Find More Posts by Triggerhappy
Old Aug 03, 2014, 12:04 PM
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Feb 2009
2,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerhappy View Post
There's been allot of talk lately about Top Sky retooling/regrouping/changing owners.....? Something's going on with'm.

I've got a T.Sky 2.0 (maybe 3, it has triailerons). Well, it HAD tri's, I epoxied them straight with the wing after a flutter indecent ripped the Kevlar hinge along with a couple bad spots in the aileron itself. Haven't repaired the aileron hinge yet, and don't know if I will. I may just get another Neo wing instead (it's a Neo fuse). If you're interested in repairing it, I'll probably sell it cheap.
That's and interesting idea, but I imagine that shipping a wing that's already glued together might be a task. But PM me, and I'll give you my email address. Then you can send me a photo or two so I can see what we're looking at in terms of repair.
Old Aug 03, 2014, 02:54 PM
Now fortified with carbon
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Apr 2010
2,781 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2214340
DLGjunkyard is offline Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard
Old Aug 03, 2014, 04:05 PM
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Feb 2009
2,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard View Post
Thanks- Ill check it out.
Old Aug 03, 2014, 04:22 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2400RDR View Post
That's and interesting idea, but I imagine that shipping a wing that's already glued together might be a task. But PM me, and I'll give you my email address. Then you can send me a photo or two so I can see what we're looking at in terms of repair.

Sorry, had a birthday party to attend (nephew).

After seeing the D box wings link, I'd go that route if I were you.

I'm considering a set myself!
Triggerhappy is offline Find More Posts by Triggerhappy
Old Aug 04, 2014, 03:09 PM
Lots of Air Play
United States, CT, Coventry
Joined Dec 2008
844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2400RDR View Post
Anyone know where I can get a replacement wing for my TopSky DLG? I've posted to the classifieds, but nothing came up. Maybe there is somewhere that sells replacement parts? I hope....
Get yourself a Zone wing from one of the several builders out there and adapt it to your Topsky pod. You'll be pleasantly surprised. Higher launch and penetration, good float too! Been there, done that!

Dave in CT.
thistle2311 is offline Find More Posts by thistle2311
Old Aug 04, 2014, 04:48 PM
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Feb 2009
2,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle2311 View Post
Get yourself a Zone wing from one of the several builders out there and adapt it to your Topsky pod. You'll be pleasantly surprised. Higher launch and penetration, good float too! Been there, done that!

Dave in CT.
Dave-

What's involved in adapting a wing? I'm very much a newb at this stuff, although I'm beginning to get the idea that it's quite possible to buy pods, booms, wings, tails and so forth separately and make a DLG.
Old Aug 04, 2014, 06:13 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
2,382 Posts
You just have to join the wings and drill the mounting holes. One of those measure 6 times drill twice jobs.

Drill one hole first, the get the wing aligned and drill the second.

Depending on the mounting style of the fuse it may be possible to insert something in the existing second mounting hole to help mark the proper spot to drill.

Or you can drill oversize, and put a sleeve on the hold down screw / bolt then use a splooge mix to set it.

Lots of ideas on RCGroups, especially the build threads.

BP
bbbp is offline Find More Posts by bbbp